lil wayne

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
Lil wayne mark my words if he stays in the rap game for the next 5 years he will be considered in the top five dead or alive.

VENOMOUS

Man i just listened to all of his shit from the time he was 12 years old till now.The carter was amazing it lack with substance but lil wayne made up 4 it in with the crazy ass hit he was saying.Listen to gurilla warfare all his albums dog this nigga dont even write raps anymore he is where jayz is at now then where jayz was when jay z was lil waynes age(22).Listen to his previous albums especially the carter which is undoubtly one of the hottest albums of the summer,Then listen to all his mixtapes . How many rappers today say theyve been in the game for 12 years and be 22 years in age.

VENOMOUS

Man i just listened to all of his shit from the time he was 12 years old till now.The carter was amazing it lack with substance but lil wayne made up 4 it in with the crazy ass hit he was saying.Listen to gurilla warfare all his albums dog this nigga dont even write raps anymore he is where jayz is at now then where jayz was when jay z was lil waynes age(22).Listen to his previous albums especially the carter which is undoubtly one of the hottest albums of the summer,Then listen to all his mixtapes . How many rappers today say theyve been in the game for 12 years and be 22 years in age.

Haters are going to regret saying that. Top 5? Probably not, but he's not as bad as I thought he was 6 months ago. I refused to listen to anything relating to Cash Money or No Limit. But the guy really grew on me and he's now listed in my top 25...and that's off of The Carter alone, I still haven't heard any of his albums or mixtapes.

roaches

Have y'all heard SQ7 - Freestyle Session? Half an hour Jackin for Beats session. My jaw dropped about two minutes in and didn't lift until ten minutes after the shit was over.

"The A and the K will make ya face cook to the side
Now when you smiling everybody gotta look from the side
Cuz when you wildin you ain't lookin, you just lookin high
and when we hungry you look like pie
Sweet potato ass nigga, you lemon merangue, apple custard, cherry jelly
Don't make me get the buiscut buster"

DAM! that shit was sick for a freestyle

"I ain't trippin nigga, I play the corner like ripkin nigga
With the 40 cal ripkin nigga, rip a nigga
Flip ya vehicle, split ya winsheild
Wack ya Baby momma but I let the kid live
And people say that I am a kid still, cuz the lil nigga still rides on big wheels
You feeling animal then come on and get killed"

i have to agree with you...Tha Carter was definetly one of the hottest albums that was released this summer...but top five?...probally not

ARon

^^^Word. That shit is too tight. the SQ7 that is
If he keeps on improving at the pace he is, shit who knows where he will go, man the dude is tight, one of the best and original styles out.

roaches

I don't know about original. At this point in the game, Lil Wayne is telling Baby and Slim's stories, but incorporating Jay-Z's style. He needs to develop on his own. He has huge potential, though. If he wastes it, he'l be the biggest disappointment since Nas.

roaches

Yeah I do. Such a talent, and he could only produce one good album, and some songs here and there? Post-1995, his career has only been sustained by delusion on the part of heads and cluelessness on the part of the outside audience.

Delusion: They even got revisionism claiming that It Was Written was dope by the original Illmatic fans' standards.

The outside audience: These motherfuckers thought "Ether", "Oochie Wally", and "If I Ruled the World" were dope by Nas standards.

ARon

True that. But i really can't compare any album to Illmatic. Even another NaS album, how dumb that may sound. Thats like comparing any book to the bible.
If NaS' career started with It Was Written... and then next year he drops Illmatic, would you still consider him a disappoinment?
Maybe the pinnacle of his excellence is Illmatic, i guess im ok with that, he is still dropping above par albums, i cant be to disappointed.

linx

Staff member
I just don't get it. I can't stand the dude and the way he raps. Personally, I don't even see how he can be considered top 50 right now or when his career is over.

Chronic

LinX` said:
I just don't get it. I can't stand the dude and the way he raps. Personally, I don't even see how he can be considered top 50 right now or when his career is over.
Listen to BM J.R. off Tha Carter.

linx

Staff member
I'll get it now Chrondizzle.

I just can't stand everything about him really. The way he sounds, the way he raps and everything else. He is definitely one of those rappers that has to grow on you I think, but I also think he is one that WON'T grow on me, ever. He's the type of rapper that seems to rhyme those type of words that don't rhyme on paper, like Mobb Deep. "If you don't see me on the block I aint tryin' to hide, I blend in with the hood i'm camouflaged". I listen to rappers like 50 Cent, The Game, Diplomats etc because they're good music. I don't consider them dope rappers. If I was into Lil Wayne, it would be because he makes good music. But I just don't see it, he doesn't do it for me.

Chronic

Anyone who doesn't understand why Lil Wayne can get very annoying is stupid as fuck.
Luckily, he doesn't annoy me.

"BM J.R." is one of the songs you should be able to appreciate regardless though,

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.