Lil Wayne - opinions please

....He's the one rapper thats always been a bit of an enigma to me. Since I'm from the UK I havent been able to hear much of his music (bad excuse I know; but I've been too hooked on Saigon to consider anyone else in the last few months!)

Anyway I just wanted to know what ya'll think of him and why he seems to be held in such high regard?

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
dog lil wayne is a legend in the making go to www.youngmoneyent.com and find out 4 yourself.He is just as raw as saigon.The only thing saigon is not establish like lil wayne.Lil wayne is going to take it to the next level and i am really starting he going to live up to best rapper alive since the best rapper retierd.

listen to the knuck if you buck when you click on the link there are downloads/streaming audio on www.youngmoneyent.com

Wayne to me has always had the potential since back in his early days, and recently with his latest album he has lived up to it and more... I expect bigger and better things from him to come as well... :thumb:

VENOMOUS

dog lil wayne is at a level rappers take years to get too and he is only 22 spitting crazy shit insane shit.

roaches

s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0N9DYUXA1CU6Q31DW1FSBCREMA

He's held in high regard because he's very, very good. People are realizing that now because
a) The things he does, they usually expect NY mixtape rappers to do, but none of them are doing it as well as he does.
b) There's no one on his own label better than him right now.
c) They're realizing their assumptions about him/southern rappers in general are wrong, and he's more "real hip-hop" (their phrase, not mine, I'm not on that bullshit), than they think. I don't know any other rappers who drop half-an-hour Jackin for Beats mixtapes where they freestyle over instrumentals from Reflection Eternal, Royce da 5'9, and N*E*R*D songs in addition to the Dr. Dre/Neptunes beats. On his last mixtape, in addition to "This Is How We Do", "Knuck if U Buck", and "New York", Weezie rapped over a Roots song that dropped last year that probably no one in his expected audience even heard.
d) Young Money's mixtape, which he dropped with DJ Drama, is the best release of 2005 so far.
e) He's been rapping since he was 14, they had to come around to him eventually.
f) They like him because he's a college student and he wants to duet with Eminem?

VENOMOUS

roaches said:
s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0N9DYUXA1CU6Q31DW1FSBCREMA

He's held in high regard because he's very, very good. People are realizing that now because
a) The things he does, they usually expect NY mixtape rappers to do, but none of them are doing it as well as he does.
b) There's no one on his own label better than him right now.
c) They're realizing their assumptions about him/southern rappers in general are wrong, and he's more "real hip-hop" (their phrase, not mine, I'm not on that bullshit), than they think. I don't know any other rappers who drop half-an-hour Jackin for Beats mixtapes where they freestyle over instrumentals from Reflection Eternal, Royce da 5'9, and N*E*R*D songs in addition to the Dr. Dre/Neptunes beats. On his last mixtape, in addition to "This Is How We Do", "Knuck if U Buck", and "New York", Weezie rapped over a Roots song that dropped last year that probably no one in his expected audience even heard.
d) Young Money's mixtape, which he dropped with DJ Drama, is the best release of 2005 so far.
e) He's been rapping since he was 14, they had to come around to him eventually.
f) They like him because he's a college student and he wants to duet with Eminem?
acutualy he has been rapping since 11 you should peep him on that album h did with bg back in 93/94.But uhm yeah he been killing other people beats better then every other rapper ive heard.the young money mixtape>>>>>>>then the documentary .His verse over the knuck if you buck beat is a classic.

hes pretty good in my opinion and shows he's a crip to large extents more then snoop, least he got the tat...

looks like in the soldier clip though he didnt enjoy being with them, looks like he thought he was better then this... in some ways he was right.

ARon

His flow and style make him that much more unique i think. maybe he is one of those either hate it or love it guys, who knows.

Pacaveli-T said:
hes pretty good in my opinion and shows he's a crip to large extents more then snoop, least he got the tat...

looks like in the soldier clip though he didnt enjoy being with them, looks like he thought he was better then this... in some ways he was right.
what in God's name made you think that he was a crip?

Pacaveli-T said:
he promotes it in soldier has it, and teardrops around the eye represents crips, and said so....
That doesn't mean he crippin, teardrops means that you either have done time in jail or you're mourning someone who has died

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.