Kurupt-Callin Out Names.Some Questions.

Bobby Sands

I have been meaning to ask a couple of questions about this song for a while.Kurupt disses DMX heavily on this as well as Foxy Brown,Ruff Ryders,Ja Rule,Irv Gotti.someone called Velli or sumthin like that

1).Why did Kurupt diss The Firm.I understand why he would diss Foxy Brown.Because she left Kurupt and ran off with DMX.Why did he diss the whole Firm?Did they diss him.

2)Why does he diss Ja Rule and Irv Gotti?I know Ja Rule,Irv Gotti and DMX used to be friends but i thought they were beefing by the time this osng was released?

3) "Irv Gotti i cant wait for Raekwon to break through you(or sumthin like that)"

What was the beef between Irv Gotti and Raekwon about?Was there beef or have i misinterpretated this line.

4)After this song was released,Kurupt,Daz,Tha Realest and some bodyguards were shot at outside Death Row buildings(i think).A bodyguard was killed and Tha Realest got hit.I remember people saying that DMX might have been behind this.Was there any truth in that?

Dope sond btw.

1. Kurupt dissed the Firm mostly because of Foxy... I don't think he had beef with AZ, Nature or Nas.
2. He probably dissed Ja Rule and Irv Gotti since they were cool with DMX, as you mentioned. DMX didn't beef with them until probably 2003, if I remember correctly. Kurupt squashed his beef with Ja Rule in person after the DMX beef dwindled.
3. Not sure
4. Not sure, but I remember the incident.

Also, recall that in the song Kurupt disses 50 Cent... "Get your ass kicked 50 times, beat to 10 Cent."

Bobby Sands

Yea Foxy Brown and Kurupt were together.

Also, recall that in the song Kurupt disses 50 Cent... "Get your ass kicked 50 times, beat to 10 Cent."
Yea forgot about that line.More than likely a diss to 50 Cent.Perhaps a response to How To Rob.is Kurupt mentioned in How To Rob?

Jibster

50 Cent said:
"I'd rob ODB but that'd be a waste of time
Probably have to clap him run and toss the nine
I'd follow Fox in the drop for four blocks
Plottin to juice her for that rock Kurupt copped

What Jigga just sold like 4 mil? He got somethin to live for
Don't want no nigga puttin four thru that Bentley Coupe door"
Kurupt said:
"Now it's 50 mcs that ain't worth shit
Get ya ass kicked 50 times, beat to 10 cent

I love new york, but the niggas that represent, y?all ain?t shit
new york"
Yup yup!

Mo-D

As far as I know, Irv tried to sign Daz to Murda Inc.

"Trying to sign Daz, nigga Daz will sign you".

With the shooting a lot of people thought it was because of the song, but I think it was gang related.

He has since squashed it with Murda Inc/Ja Rule and also DMX - I think there is still tension between Kurupt and 50 though as he called him out again on Against The Grain intro

"Ill be dammed if 50 cent is the new 2pac!" (Love that line!)

But Kurupt is through with beefing, even though Calling out names was a great track, his new album Same Day Different Shit will be awesome.

Watch for it!!

DPG! Push Bacccccc

Mo-D

Mo-D said:
But Kurupt is through with beefing, even though Calling out names was a great track, his new album Same Day Different Shit will be awesome.
I don't really think Callin' Out Names was all that great. I always felt that Kurupt was shooting blanks in that song. Not only was his lyrical complexity at an all-time low, but his disses didn't even really hit that hard.
Mothafuck D, mothafuck M
Only X I know is Xzibit or RBX
^ Weak rhyme, weak diss
Trying to sign Daz? Nigga, Daz'll sign you
^ Daz hasn't really sold shit since Death Row. DPG Recordz' releases have all been independent and not too popular outside of the hardcore DPG/West Coast fans. Plus he ended up shopping for deals in New York anyway.
Fuck Ruff Ryder
^ Yet in the same song, he gives props to both Eve and the Lox, both of whom were the only other artists on Ruff Ryders to put music out, other than DMX

Also remember that this song was sparked by DMX allegedly swooping up on Foxy, Kurupt's lady at the time. Yet this is the same Kurupt that once rapped, "Well if Kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch, I'd always be broke"... ironic...

But don't get me wrong, I'm a big Kurupt fan and always have been, I've got all his and Daz's albums, but I've gotta point out weak shit when I see it.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
I don't really think Callin' Out Names was all that great. I always felt that Kurupt was shooting blanks in that song. Not only was his lyrical complexity at an all-time low, but his disses didn't even really hit that hard.

^ Weak rhyme, weak diss

^ Daz hasn't really sold shit since Death Row. DPG Recordz' releases have all been independent and not too popular outside of the hardcore DPG/West Coast fans. Plus he ended up shopping for deals in New York anyway.

^ Yet in the same song, he gives props to both Eve and the Lox, both of whom were the only other artists on Ruff Ryders to put music out, other than DMX

Also remember that this song was sparked by DMX allegedly swooping up on Foxy, Kurupt's lady at the time. Yet this is the same Kurupt that once rapped, "Well if Kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch, I'd always be broke"... ironic...

But don't get me wrong, I'm a big Kurupt fan and always have been, I've got all his and Daz's albums, but I've gotta point out weak shit when I see it.
i think the track was hot because of his flow.. it's unbelievable

Empty out, simply don’t tempt me,
I empty out until everything in this mothafucka’s gone
I empty house off of empty rounds
Now what the fuck you gotta say?
What the fuck you wanna see? the homie’s or my K?

AmerikazMost

HellRazor05 said:
Did DMX ever respond to Kurupt?
the second verse of "Party Up" is about Kurupt

DMX said:
Off the chain, I leave niggaz soft in the brain
'Cause niggaz still want the fame off the name
First of all, you ain't rapped long enough
To be fuckin with me, and you? You ain't strong enough
So whatever it is you puffin on that got you thinkin that you Superman
I got the Kryptonite, should I smack him with my dick or the mic?
Y'all niggaz is characters, not even good actors
What's gon' be the outcome? Let's add up all the factors
You wack, you're twisted, your girl's a hoe
You broke, the kid ain't yours, and everybody know
Your old man say you stupid, you be like, "So?
I love my baby mother, I never let her go"
I'm tired of weak ass niggaz whinin over puss
That don't belong to them, fuck is wrong with them?
They fuck it up for real niggaz like my mans and them
Who get it on with the strength of the hands with them

AmerikazMost said:
Maybe... it's a borderline Kurupt diss... perhaps that is why Kurupt said the following lines (supposedly about DMX) in "R.A.W." in 2000:
"Nigga, that ain't no way to talk to a fellow dog, well explain
I guess he a dog 'cause of the chain
See, I ain't never seen him at that near meeting
When all the cats was trying to lock a dog izup
Knock a dog dizown..."

AmerikazMost said:
BULLSHIT.

You can find any DMX verse and say it's about another rapper, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this verse to show that it's about Kurupt apart from 'whining over puss' which could be directed at anyone who'd effectively a sucka for love.

When people transpose these lyrcis why do they miss out the rest of it? "FAKE UP NORTH TYPE NIGGAZ" he's not talking about Kurupt, as per usual he's not talking about anyone.

Its actually quite tragic the way people over analyse beef in hip hop, try getting out once in a while...damn...don't spend your life trawling over old albums and mixtapes trying to INVENT SUBLIMINALS that DON'T EXIST.

AmerikazMost

mc_millionaire said:
BULLSHIT.

You can find any DMX verse and say it's about another rapper, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this verse to show that it's about Kurupt apart from 'whining over puss' which could be directed at anyone who'd effectively a sucka for love.

When people transpose these lyrcis why do they miss out the rest of it? "FAKE UP NORTH TYPE NIGGAZ" he's not talking about Kurupt, as per usual he's not talking about anyone.
I didn't just come up with this myself. I heard it on here first from someone who I believed to be a reputable source. It was a awhile ago, and I can't remember now, but other people backed him up on it.

..as far as I remember at least. Just know it always stuck in my head, because I couldn't believe I didn't even notice it slightly.

"Niggaz still want the fame off the name"

Think about it. He never came out and said it, but I think that's the point. He didn't want people to get hyped over it. Just wanted Kurupt to know.

mc_millionaire said:
Its actually quite tragic the way people over analyse beef in hip hop, try getting out once in a while...damn...don't spend your life trawling over old albums and mixtapes trying to INVENT SUBLIMINALS that DON'T EXIST.
You mean sort of like as if I were to sign up on a message forum and immediately start overanalyzing posts and talking shit about the validity of members I knew nothing about? Get off your throne man. I don't making any accusations of fact unless I had some sort of support.

I don't mind when people disagree with me, but you're not gonna pull some underhanded shit like this.

If someone has proof that I'm wrong, then prove me wrong. Don't just come in here and assume that I'm wrong because you haven't heard of it before.

AmerikazMost said:
You mean sort of like as if I were to sign up on a message forum and immediately start overanalyzing posts and talking shit about the validity of members I knew nothing about? Get off your throne man.
riiiiigggghhhht?. cuz there is evidence to suggest I've done that.

There is no evidence?...DMX himself has said the verse isn't about anyone, what more evidence do you need?

AmerikazMost

mc_millionaire said:
riiiiigggghhhht?. cuz there is evidence to suggest I've done that.

There is no evidence?...DMX himself has said the verse isn't about anyone, what more evidence do you need?
Well then show me the quote instead of trying to be a dick and claim that I'm trying to create controversy where there is none just for my own jollies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.