Kanyes Ego

Bobby Sands

Am i the inly one that thinks Kanye West is rubbish.I have his two albums College Dropout and Late Registration,and i cant bear to listen to either.I listened to them for the first week that they came out and never again after that.they are garbage.He is a wack rapper,and he isnt all the that as a producer.

RZA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanye West.as both a rapper and producer.

I had to get that off my chest.

Nick

Why is everyone going crazy about this? Same thing happening on another forum I just looked at. Maybe there is some meaning behind the photo on the cover, like Pac had a meaning behind the painting of him on the cross for the Makaveli album cover.

Nick

lol I guess if you look at Kanye's outburst in the past, it's not unlikely that he does think he's Jesus. But maybe if you read the article it would give an explanation for the cover.

Kanye West thinks he's Jesus
In case Kanye West hasn't already convinced you he's an egomaniacal clown, he's decided to appear on the cover of the new Rolling Stones as Jesus, defending himself by saying:

"In America, they want you to accomplish these great feats, to pull off these David Copperfield-type stunts. You want me to be great, but you don't ever want me to say I'm great?"

And what makes you think this cover was Kanye's idea? He doesn't have creative control at Rolling Stone magazine! The magazine came up with this idea, shot the photo, and released the shit. Why is Kanye getting flack for this?

He had nothing to do with it. The magazine came up with the cover, and gave him money to pose for it.

I don't understand where y'all are coming from in dissing him for this shit.

Re my post in news on same subject:

As for you think he's a whack rapper, you say you've listened to his albums for a week, that speaks volumes. 8x Grammy-nominated tells me otherwise. I don't need to defend Kanye West, his work does that for me. Like i say in my other post Muahmmed ali was an egotist but and hes the one of the greatest sportsmen to have lived; this is Kanye's style and for me it works.

he makes bomb music, even if you might not think he does as a solo artist, you can't say that "Takeover", "Brown Sugar" "The Corners" "Poppa was a playa" aren't great songs by Jay-Z, Mos Def, Common and even Nas. Thats pure hating right there. And I do think he one of the best producers turned rappers, RZA style in terms of rapping is blah to me (just shouting and more spoken word) and his production hasn't been known for since the mid-90's Wu rush

Bobby Sands

I just stated my opinion of Kanye West.I dont like him and i dont like his music.The fact that his albums had no replay for me speaks volumes for me.I dont know what you mean by the mid 90's Wu rush,RZA has always been a great producer.What about the tracks he produced on albums like No Said Date and Supreme Clientele.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Am i the inly one that thinks Kanye West is rubbish.I have his two albums College Dropout and Late Registration,and i cant bear to listen to either.I listened to them for the first week that they came out and never again after that.they are garbage.He is a wack rapper,and he isnt all the that as a producer.

RZA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanye West.as both a rapper and producer.

I had to get that off my chest.
word up :thumb:

Kanye is an awesome producer. His beats are FIRE. but the guy is not a great lyricist..in fact hes actually kinda bad..dont get me wrong, sometimes he surprises me and says good shit..but for the most part, his ego cannt be defended by his lyrics. He tries too hard to be over-the-top ego maniac, when he doesnt deserve it. He doesnt have the natural charisma, meaning with him it always seems as though hes trying too hard to outdo himself , when its just not him..

In regards to this latest publicity stunt, its not even fitting...like what is Kanye West being persecuted by the public for? What "passion" is he undergoing? When 2pac did this, it made sense...the media was against him and blah blah we all know the reasons why it was appropriate. Even if Eminem did this I could understand, since he had tons of organizations protesting his music..but Kanye? PLEASE...hes like a "good boy"..once you could take home to mommy..one whose album you could buy for your 6 year old for christmas.

Tupac Tha Great said:
I just stated my opinion of Kanye West.I dont like him and i dont like his music.The fact that his albums had no replay for me speaks volumes for me.I dont know what you mean by the mid 90's Wu rush,RZA has always been a great producer.What about the tracks he produced on albums like No Said Date and Supreme Clientele.

Rza hasnt been on the grind as a producer or rapper as of late not at least since the mid-90's rush of Wu-Tang Lps as a group/solo artist (Liquid Swords,Ironman,OB4CL etc.) and the lps you listed all came out a couple years back, I can only think of one recent beat RZa made and if Im correct it was off 2004-early2005 Benie Segals LP

CoolWaterz said:
Kanye is an awesome producer. His beats are FIRE. but the guy is not a great lyricist..in fact hes actually kinda bad..dont get me wrong, sometimes he surprises me and says good shit..but for the most part, his ego cannt be defended by his lyrics. He tries too hard to be over-the-top ego maniac, when he doesnt deserve it. He doesnt have the natural charisma, meaning with him it always seems as though hes trying too hard to outdo himself , when its just not him..

In regards to this latest publicity stunt, its not even fitting...like what is Kanye West being persecuted by the public for? What "passion" is he undergoing? When 2pac did this, it made sense...the media was against him and blah blah we all know the reasons why it was appropriate. Even if Eminem did this I could understand, since he had tons of organizations protesting his music..but Kanye? PLEASE...hes like a "good boy"..once you could take home to mommy..one whose album you could buy for your 6 year old for christmas.
the media crucified his name pretty much, you still see the affects of it today, it still is happening today as well.

Kanye was a producer first, in my eyes, so it's pretty amazing that he has the skills that he has, plus he has the respect of Jay-Z, Mos Def, Talib, and Common...rappers that balzed tracks before him and with him and have respect for him as a producer and as a lyricist...I'm sure he rather have props from those folks then some random people on a message board

CoolWaterz said:

I more or less agree with what you said.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.