*** Kanye's ''Diamonds'' Video (LINK INSIDE)***

Like the song.....................beat but his only showing pictures about Africa's exploitation in the diamond trade if he only attacked the subject straight out with strong versus and tell us more about it but he goes around the subject like his scared to rap about it, man if he would've had a strong verse that made us look hard into the subject I would've praise Kanye for the rest of my life :/ o well I guess thats the best we gonna get out of this generation..............Atleast he did the song though

Yeah thats what im saying.......... his lyrics have absolutely nothing to do with the images shown....... its almost as if the whole Sierra Leone issue was an after thought....... which it was from his interview on 106 and park. He just tacked it on to make himself seem more uhh political? or concerned.

Also id say BLOOD DIAMONDS would have been a better title ....... diamonds (from seirra leone) ......... uhh k.

On a whole though the beat is crazy but seeing how the damn songs been out for awhile everyone already new that.

KDeezy said:
Yeah thats what im saying.......... his lyrics have absolutely nothing to do with the images shown....... its almost as if the whole Sierra Leone issue was an after thought....... which it was from his interview on 106 and park. He just tacked it on to make himself seem more uhh political? or concerned.

Also id say BLOOD DIAMONDS would have been a better title ....... diamonds (from seirra leone) ......... uhh k.

On a whole though the beat is crazy but seeing how the damn songs been out for awhile everyone already new that.
The song wasnt originally about "blood diamonds" But then Q-tip brought it up and then he made this video. He made a remix to the song with jay-z and his verse deals with the issue. Im not sure why he didnt use that verse for the video.

PuffnScruff

if you all had seen access granted you all would know that haunted speaks the truth. maybe he has plans to give the fans a remix on the album with new lyrics?

like I said I think he was scared to rap about it or maybe he was scared how the public would react to it or he couldn't cuz Jay-Z is retired he didn't want to be rapping in his music video but then again he got his reason, he was lookin piss after they laughed at him about his chain and how he's contradicting himself but the last thing I watched was his video then I started reading this forum

PuffnScruff said:
if you all had seen access granted you all would know that haunted speaks the truth. maybe he has plans to give the fans a remix on the album with new lyrics?
Yea the remix is going to be on the album. Not sure if that version is going to be on it too.

roaches

It's weird. The remix fits the video, except for Jay-Z's verse, which fits the original version better. Hopefully he builds on the first verse of the remix, fleshes it out.

PuffnScruff

^ yea thats true, kanye could have touched on the fact that it's mostly africans keeping other africans as slaves over there.

maybe next he will open peoples eyes and let them know that the playstations and cell phones people use all over the world, all have a mineral in them that people in africa have to dig for in the dirt while having a ak-47 to their back.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.