Kanye Wests' 'Diamonds': Determines The Roc's Future?

Carrying labels

emking said:
Who cares? Without Jay, it's a has-been label. Imagine Puffy leaving Bad Boy, who cares after that? Or if Dre left Aftermath, Em left Shady...who the fuck would care if someone carried the label?
Puff can't leave Bad Boy cause it's his the same with Dre & Aftermath and Em with Shady these are there labels so they can't leave they can shut it down

DAMN....alota poeple sleeping on purple haze by killa cam...That cd was one of the best in 2004 hands down, i dont skip any songs on that cd 1-23...mybe its just me

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I'm a big Kanye fan. He is my favourite producer and I believe he has that touch of magic like Dr.Dre to be able to pick a hit easily. He is also able to judge talent.

I believe he could easily save Roc from dissapearing, he is a star. Maybe not on the level of Jay-Z, but the better he gets the more people will want to work with him, and the more that will sign to his label. The Roc may get bigger than ever before.

As for Badboy who cares if Puffy left or stayed, it's not like he does much musically these days. It's all about money and Puffy don't need music to make money.

Kanye's first single? Not really a fan. I didn't like the beat too much. I like Kanye's simple style, but this was too simple. And I didn't like the choice of sample either. His rhymes and delivery have improved. I like the tune but it isn't a banger.

roaches said:
What are you talking about?
a) Kanye already has his own label - Good Music
b) That new academy is a Reebok thing with Jay-Z's name on it
c) Roc-a-wear is Dame Dash's
d) Roc-a-fella no longer exists as a label. Jay-Z owns the name. Dame Dash and Biggs have their Roc Music label, which Kanye and Jay-Z are not part of.
Thought it was "Dame Dash Music"?

Mr. Carter is facing a real challenge at Def Jam right about now...Kanye's album will prolly push upwards of 500k units the first week. Yeah, I know, it's a little early to predict after one single, but on hype alone it'll sell.

That fuckin single is so goddamn dope man. I wasn't expecting somethin that gives me the chills. DAMN!

7 Syns said:
On the topic, one man can't carry a label like that unless his universially known like Jigga. Kanye has a large fan following but alot of peeps have been put off by his arrogance which shouldn't determine his musical value but it will.

peace.
I know it could be argued that it's a different type of arrogance involved, but Jay was - & remains - one of the cockiest mofos in the game.

7 Syns

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I know it could be argued that it's a different type of arrogance involved, but Jay was - & remains - one of the cockiest mofos in the game.
true, but at the same time Jigga is fairly humble where-as Kanye isn't. Jigga's always been in my eyes a cross between busta and kane as far as personality goes. Cocky but humble.

peace.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I've been listening to the track a bit more, and I agree with Big E that he specifically chose that sample for a reason.

7 Syns said:
true, but at the same time Jigga is fairly humble where-as Kanye isn't. Jigga's always been in my eyes a cross between busta and kane as far as personality goes. Cocky but humble.

peace.
Screw Busta, I think you're probably on point with Kane - a man who knew the extent of his talent, shamelessly professed it on the mic, but was pretty cool off of it.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
^
stfu.

To respond to the thread, yeah I think Kanye can carry the Roc on his back. I'm not a fan of the man, but I do like his music & I can appreciate how hard he works. He always seem to have a good beat at hand &, IMO, should become to the Roc what Dre is to Aftermath. He should serve up a couple of hot beats for all the artists & then - having kept his best beats like last time - drop another crazy album. This way, everybody on the roster sells.
Wow. Are you stupid.

Kanye said on BET:Access Granted on how he got the sample.His cousin gave him the sample and they were amazed that nobody else has tried to sample it, and Kanye was just amazed that it wasn't already used by Roc A Fella.He also stated how since of what the sample says, that he should make a statement by declaring since it is at the time in which the Dynasty is "dying" that he should let people know that it is still alive.He basically wanted to address to the world what is going on with the situation over there.
Very good track, he stepped up lyrically, flow wise, delivery wise, and I also think that this beat is just jaw dropping.When I first heard it, I literally went insane [in the membrain].The track is a good single, a definite banger, and judging by the tracks he gave to Common, [knowing that Kanye always keeps the best for himself], this new album should be alot better than College Dropout, especially considering the person he is working with to play the instruments.The Late Registration, if it lives up to the hype, 5 Mics.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.