Kanye Wests' 'Diamonds': Determines The Roc's Future?

Eric

First of all, I just want to say this song is just crazy. The lyrics are crazy, and the beat just gives you chills.

You may ask, why would this be so important? Ever since Dame & Jay split everyone has thought that The Roc can never be what it once was. With this single I believe his sole purpose was to show that The Roc still got it. Can Kanye carry The Roc on his back? Maybe, maybe not. But even near the end when the 'Death' of the Dynasty started, Kanye was the hottest artist on the label (aside from Jay-Z). Most former Roc artists have gone to Dame Dash's new label, which leaves Kanye alone besides at best, Memph Bleek and Foxy Brown, but even they can't carry the appeal that Kanye does. If Kanye fails, the Roc crumbles. But fortunately for Def Jam, Kanye will not fail. Can he revive the Roc alone?

Who cares? Without Jay, it's a has-been label. Imagine Puffy leaving Bad Boy, who cares after that? Or if Dre left Aftermath, Em left Shady...who the fuck would care if someone carried the label?

^
stfu.

To respond to the thread, yeah I think Kanye can carry the Roc on his back. I'm not a fan of the man, but I do like his music & I can appreciate how hard he works. He always seem to have a good beat at hand &, IMO, should become to the Roc what Dre is to Aftermath. He should serve up a couple of hot beats for all the artists & then - having kept his best beats like last time - drop another crazy album. This way, everybody on the roster sells.

Zimbabwe said:
for some reason i think he will be the only one selling cds from the label
yeah, cause hes the most popular....
Bleek's album will be a classic, and Foxy's album too but these 2 will not reach platinum

roaches

I think you're looking way too deep into this shit. Kanye found a hot sample and made a song using it. The Roc references are there simply because Kanye was on Roc-a-fella, and you know they always loved putting they diamonds up.

Roc-a-fella = unimportant. Lol at motherfuckers thinking there was more to "Roc-a-fella" than business.

I wouldnt be surprised if Jay-Z gives Kanye The Roc. Jay-Z's busy with Def Jam, that new academy, rocawear and all this other shit. The Roc is probably a lil sumthin on the side for him. Im sure Kanye can carry the label. The mans got skillz.

roaches

What are you talking about?
a) Kanye already has his own label - Good Music
b) That new academy is a Reebok thing with Jay-Z's name on it
c) Roc-a-wear is Dame Dash's
d) Roc-a-fella no longer exists as a label. Jay-Z owns the name. Dame Dash and Biggs have their Roc Music label, which Kanye and Jay-Z are not part of.

You guys give this guy too much credit. I used to like him until I realized that he wasn't humble and just down right arrogant. Claims that 'Jesus Walks' and charges a church money to perform. So arrogant he asks to be paid to be put on a magazine cover. Who the fuck does he think he is? 50? He barely sold 2 million records and he thinks hes the shit. Fuck him.

roaches said:
What are you talking about?
a) Kanye already has his own label - Good Music
b) That new academy is a Reebok thing with Jay-Z's name on it
c) Roc-a-wear is Dame Dash's
d) Roc-a-fella no longer exists as a label. Jay-Z owns the name. Dame Dash and Biggs have their Roc Music label, which Kanye and Jay-Z are not part of.
ya right...didnt know that.

Diddy7 said:
You guys give this guy too much credit. I used to like him until I realized that he wasn't humble and just down right arrogant. Claims that 'Jesus Walks' and charges a church money to perform. So arrogant he asks to be paid to be put on a magazine cover. Who the fuck does he think he is? 50? He barely sold 2 million records and he thinks hes the shit. Fuck him.
The guy has talent. Nobody said we liked him.

Kanye & Beanie Sigel are the only artists keeping Roc-A-Fella alive. They push so many albums, like N.O.R.E - 1 Fan A Day was projected for 03/01/05 release but it's been pushed till July now and Cam'ron was meant to be out in 2003 but it came out late 2004.

ROC need to get their act together

7 Syns

I think Kanye is getting too much hype, which will inevitably be the LP's slight downfall saying that im excited but I see peeps call is one of the hottest already after just 1 song. There's been many artists before Kanye who've put out a great single and half the record afterwards was plain average, until we get an advance or leak nothings sure.

I see that working with Common has lifted Kanye's rhyme game on a different note. Plus his production has always been decent, so expectations to an extent are just. Just don't hype that shit as the next, lesson to be learned.

On the topic, one man can't carry a label like that unless his universially known like Jigga. Kanye has a large fan following but alot of peeps have been put off by his arrogance which shouldn't determine his musical value but it will.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.