Kanye Upsets Diamond industry

Kanye's such a cocksucker. Q-Tip had to fucking tell him about this shit & now he's taking a high stance.

Maybe if your talented ass didn't drop out you might've known some shit yourself.....

Farzin

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Kanye's such a cocksucker. Q-Tip had to fucking tell him about this shit & now he's taking a high stance.

Maybe if your talented ass didn't drop out you might've known some shit yourself.....
:thumb: very true.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:

well he couldve gone the other way and not even recognised that tip gave him the idea for the remix and vid.

ppl wake up would you rather have kanye as another pop rapper or someone who isn't lyrically excellent try to shed light on real issues more then other rappers in the industry??

fuck sierra leone lets worry bout our own country we got some more important problems then how we get our diamonds. there is less than 1% of this diamonds in circulation. what about people in america with no homes no family no nothing starving and dieing.

now dont get me wrong its a good thing that hes standing up for something but why is it such a big deal, we got big problems right infront of our faces

what about the Darfur conflict? around a million people dead (practically genocide) and hes rappin about these diamonds and how people are loosing limbs and acting like he is some type of savior.

whats the percentage of people that are gonna buy his cd with big ass diamond chains? pretty slim

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
fuck sierra leone lets worry bout our own country we got some more important problems then how we get our diamonds. there is less than 1% of this diamonds in circulation. what about people in america with no homes no family no nothing starving and dieing.

now dont get me wrong its a good thing that hes standing up for something but why is it such a big deal, we got big problems right infront of our faces

what about the Darfur conflict? around a million people dead (practically genocide) and hes rappin about these diamonds and how people are loosing limbs and acting like he is some type of savior.

whats the percentage of people that are gonna buy his cd with big ass diamond chains? pretty slim
I feel sorry for your mother.

Silleone said:
I feel sorry for your mother.
why??? lets take care of our own people before we start worryin about Sierra Leone and lets worry about that Genocide going on in Africa... what the hells wrong with that???

consider who buys kanyes album, teenagers and young men and women...

i think its so funny how he thinks hes gonna save the world and he is bringing such an important message to us when less then 1% of the diamonds we get MIGHT come from this place.

lets worry about our slums and people living on the street and things that happen on those very streets u walk on everyday. if he wants to tackle a conflict worth taclking he should concentrate on the Darfur region, were people are dying by the minute.

The average fan could care less what the words say or what the video has to say, the just listen because it sounds good. they dont dive into the lyrics at all.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:

Who cares if he didn't know. At least he is taking a stance, instead of blowing it off because he's living the good life and making money. He's reiiterating the knowledge told to him, to help people understand. Nothing wrong with that. And he explains that he was wrong, and he was ignorant, and that's something you don't hear out of rappers aiming to be #1 in the game.

If people hear about it for the first time ever through Kanye's music, then they learn something new that they won't hear CNN or Fox News, and they can take that and expand their own knowledge. Rappers can really speak to the masses for good, just as they rap about the struggles, violence and drugs to help people understand.

kanye aint the first to speak on this issue, but is most definitely the first rapper to get noticed, so if kanye wants to speak the truth through his music with a commercial appeal its all good. Doesnt matter if Q-Tip bought it to his attention, everybody learns about this stuff somewhere, weather they read themselves or someone else tells them.. being educated on these type of issues gotta start somewhere

Giz

I don't know man, the video was cool as hell, but really the lyrics has nothing to do with the issue! It's like he thought of the idea after he made the song!

JDeez said:
Who cares if he didn't know. At least he is taking a stance, instead of blowing it off because he's living the good life and making money. He's reiiterating the knowledge told to him, to help people understand. Nothing wrong with that. And he explains that he was wrong, and he was ignorant, and that's something you don't hear out of rappers aiming to be #1 in the game.
He's yet to backtrack on his arrogant stance regarding dropping out of the education system.

JDeez said:
If people hear about it for the first time ever through Kanye's music, then they learn something new that they won't hear CNN or Fox News, and they can take that and expand their own knowledge. Rappers can really speak to the masses for good, just as they rap about the struggles, violence and drugs to help people understand.
I have no problem with people learning, I encourage it. I just wish Kanye would do the same.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.