just blaze is the FUCKING KING!!!!

Aristotle said:
Stupid fucking comment.
"He samples too much"
Hip-Hop stupid, think a little.
stfu it's my opinion.come at me like ghetto star then i'll respect ur comments.producers who come with new concepts,original,and can play the instruments they sample from get my vote for king. He's good but he is far from king of the producers.u must be a young nigga if u believe this.Try quincy jones.

PuffnScruff

LAZARU$ said:
stfu it's my opinion.come at me like ghetto star then i'll respect ur comments.producers who come with new concepts,original,and can play the instruments they sample from get my vote for king. He's good but he is far from king of the producers.u must be a young nigga if u believe this.Try quincy jones.
:thumb:

roaches

Quincy Jones has no relevance to this conversation because obviously we're talking about hip-hop producers. Hip-hop as a genre of music is bassed on rapping over repetitions of the cool part of a certain record, i.e. sampling, so saying a hip-hop producer could never be the best at what he does because he samples is asinine.

Casey

Staff member
LAZARU$ said:
That's true what you're saying, but we're talking hiphop producers.

Hip-hop was built on samples, but still thanks for the respect'

not to mention one of the 5 songs I listed (Meet the Parents which some feel is his best song as well as Jay-Z's) as well as Lyrical Excercise Just Blaze does not sample at all (at least it's not credited) and most of the songs he samples aren't direct copies of the orginal. If you take a producer like Pete Rock (who many might feel was one of the KIngs of the early 90's) and compare a song such as AZ:Gimmie Yours (he produced) and compare it to the OG song he sampled (Minnie Riperton:Here We Go) it's a completly new song (mood, sound etc.) even though it contains elements of the orginal, it is not a direct carbon copy(such as LES prodcued track "Life's a Bitch" which samples The Gap Band's "Yearning For Your Love" almost directly) , let alone loop, of that song. It takes a clever man to be able to make something new out of something old, and Just Blaze is able to do that.

ARon

Yes i got out of hand but that shit was mad stupid. And it gets annoying when people say that. This whole thing started as a sample. Someone sampling shouldnt get overlooked or looked down upon cus they sample. Its dumb.

roaches said:
Quincy Jones has no relevance to this conversation because obviously we're talking about hip-hop producers. Hip-hop as a genre of music is bassed on rapping over repetitions of the cool part of a certain record, i.e. sampling, so saying a hip-hop producer could never be the best at what he does because he samples is asinine.
Not all producers sample.sampling doesn't make hiphop.back int the 80's casio was a major thing.now you have sped down chopped records that are just drum patterns added to original songs.Also I was show a real producer as an example not as king producer in hiphop.

Aristotle said:
Yes i got out of hand but that shit was mad stupid. And it gets annoying when people say that. This whole thing started as a sample. Someone sampling shouldnt get overlooked or looked down upon cus they sample. Its dumb.
I ain't :fury: lol.It's just imo that a producer who starts from scratch and makes a hot beat gets more props from me then someone who sample some one elses work and then just adds a lil mpc work.thats why thge neptunes blew up real quick because there musicians first then producers second.

GhettoStar said:
Hip-hop was built on samples, but still thanks for the respect'

not to mention one of the 5 songs I listed (Meet the Parents which some feel is his best song as well as Jay-Z's) as well as Lyrical Excercise Just Blaze does not sample at all (at least it's not credited) and most of the songs he samples aren't direct copies of the orginal. If you take a producer like Pete Rock (who many might feel was one of the KIngs of the early 90's) and compare a song such as AZ:Gimmie Yours (he produced) and compare it to the OG song he sampled (Minnie Riperton:Here We Go) it's a completly new song (mood, sound etc.) even though it contains elements of the orginal, it is not a direct carbon copy(such as LES prodcued track "Life's a Bitch" which samples The Gap Band's "Yearning For Your Love" almost directly) , let alone loop, of that song. It takes a clever man to be able to make something new out of something old, and Just Blaze is able to do that.
No doubt,I'm not impling he isn't good.But to be a king it takes more .He is tyte fo real thou.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get why people are getting worked up off this beat. The beat is average. Just because he samples Superfreak in a different way than you think, although any idiot can clearly figure out which song is sampled, the beat is automatically something special.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.