Join the team!!!

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Unfortunately 7 Syns has been having technical difficulty with his computer and is not able to post news for StreetHop.com, so his role in the site will evolve soon leaving a position vacant for more news posters. And while Dave D and Pittsey have been doing a fantastic job, the fact is that StreetHop.com is growing at an ever faster rate (it is now the most popular general hiphop fan site on the Internet that I am aware of) and we need more then one new news journalist, we need to build a dedicated team.

What we need, is people who love hip hop, and who want to use this site to bring something to the community. Ideally, if you’ve ever given journalism some thought, StreetHop is great for you. I now work for a national urban music magazine as well as various local outlets such as local radio. None of this would have been possible if I hadn’t started online. Even if you do not want to be a journalist, but just want to be part of the hip hop community, StreetHop.com is great for you. We deal daily with artists and labels, are kept up to date with news, get sent CDs, DVDs, concert tickets, clothes, etc etc. While stuff like this is only given to the higher ups in any organization, if you show some hard work and dedication to StreetHop.com there is only room for growth for you, as the company expands into other avenues and solidifies itself as a global business. As turn over increases and we begin to turn over larger profits in the future, the company will once again be restructured offering paid positions; and while this is some time away, only those who have stuck with us from the beginning will be given priority.

The types of people we need are various, as we want varied options and outlooks on the site. The wider the team’s bounds of knowledge the better for the fans and readers, the better for StreetHop and the better for Hip-Hop. Hence we welcome different opinions and musical tastes. However we ask three important things of all our applicants and staff.

1. You must be able to work in a team. I know its cliché, but united we stand, divided we fall. This involves dedication to StreetHop, loyalty and honesty to the site, one another and the Hip-Hop community.
2. You must be able to write using proper grammar and spelling, and have some understanding of how news should be posted.
3. You must have a general love and understanding of hip-hop, and a willingness to advance through it either as a career path or as a hobby.

If you are interested, please fill out the quick questionnaire below, and email it to jobs@streethop.com.

-----

Name:
MSN/AIM:

Education level:
Past journalistic experience (if any):
Favorite artists:

In a 100 words or less, please explain why you would like to join the team at StreetHop.com. Please demonstrate the proper use of the English language that you would use posting a news story:

Comments:

Thank you for your time, we look forward to working with many of you in the future. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me on Michael@streethop.com.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
ryderxtreme said:
Or just be good at making a fake interview and then taking 3 months + to "write it down".

Fake interview? 3 months? You mean the Xzibit one? How is that fake you fucking hater. LOL, you're a dumb ass. I had to wait to post the interview because it needed to be published in Urban Hitz Magazine first, then on the site.

Steph

This sounds good, i always liked writing maybe ill fill one out

Rukas said:
^^ Age doesnt matter as long as you are mature and can write well.
cool, im mature when i need to be and can write well when i need to. ill send the form out later

I am willing to apply, and would love to be part of the team as long as there is no long term commitment and short deadlines. You already know my English capabilities, and I have no problem working with others.

If there are no long term commitment and there is sufficient time to write an article, I am up for it, but is this the case?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
If you take weeks between posting a 50 word news article, we will remove you from the staff. You can leave at any times. But we do expect news a couple times a week.

As for long articles, you can pace yourself on those as you see fit. Obviously we'd like a contribution once a month at least.

Rukas said:
If you take weeks between posting a 50 word news article, we will remove you from the staff. You can leave at any times. But we do expect news a couple times a week.

As for long articles, you can pace yourself on those as you see fit. Obviously we'd like a contribution once a month at least.
'

If I can have a day or two to write something, that's good, because of my schedule, I never know if I'll be able to write something in one day. I was afraid you may have required a ridiculous schedule like newspapers.

I'll submit my "resume" soon.

Any idea when you're gonna make a decision on this? I sent in my app. a week ago and haven't heard anything.

Or does that just mean I didn't get it! :p

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.