Jay-Z to feature on new Nas album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
According to Rocafella.com, the Def Jam head honcho will be appearing on Nas’ forthcoming album, Hip-Hop Is Dead.

One day after his Radio City Music Hall concert – celebrating the 10th anniversary of his 1996 debut, Reasonable Doubt – Jay-Z conducted an online chat with several fans who asked everything from who’s his favorite producer (Dr. Dre), to what was it like meeting multi-billionaire Bill Gates.

When one person asked if he would appear on Nas’ Def Jam debut, Jay exclaimed: "Absolutely!"

The Def Jam president also confirmed long-time rumors that Harlem rapper Big L planned on signing to Roc-A-Fella Records before his untimely death in 1999.

"Yeah, he had just made a record called ‘Ebonics’ a week before he passed," Jay said. "We were going to sign him the following week."

Jay-Z also announced several upcoming albums by Def Jam/Roc-A-Fella recording artists Foxy Brown, Freeway, Memphis Bleek, and Young Chris of the Young Gunz.

PELLA

word on tha street is this album is gonna just as wack as God's Son...I can see that. Nas has a lot of weak beats on his albums. Except for Illmatic and It Was Written. We'll see. Hope to God Premier has a huge hand in this.

SonOf2pac

i agree that illmatic and it was written were his only classic albums but stillmatic and nastradamus were still pretty decent compared to other rap cds... its hard to go up against illmatic and it was written

PELLA

Nastradamus and God's Son were wack albums. All of Nas' albums are weak, except for Illmatic and It Was Written. You can find 1 or 2 okay tracks in all albums, but i regret spending money on God's Son and Nastradamus. Sorry.

xxx

Here are my personal favs in order:
1. stillmatic
2. it was written
3. god's son
4. lost tapes
5. street's disciple
6. illmatic
7. i am
8. nastradamous

FroDawgg

xxx said:
Here are my personal favs in order:
1. stillmatic
2. it was written
3. god's son
4. lost tapes
5. street's disciple
6. illmatic
7. i am
8. nastradamous
illmatic at 6. well, that's what i'm saying; everyone has their own taste. you're gonna get a lotta hate for that, but don't listen to what people say.

Eric

I can't believe people are saying God's Son was weak. That album was nice as shit. It obviously cannot compare to the classic Illmatic, but it deserves more praise than you're giving it. Coming from Nas, maybe it's not the best, but compare it to other albums out there by other artists. The same applies with Stillmatic (which I thought was classic as well).

PuffnScruff

LMAO @ pella talking about the word on the street in canada.:laugh: pella's opinion on anything hip hop related or on nas makes me laugh. thank you pella i needed that.

this album is going to be good. imo nas has never put out a bad album, even nastradamus had some good songs on it. and god's son was a great album.

a bluebird has a better opinion on anything hip hop related than pella:thumb:

ArtsyGirl

Big Easy said:
I can't believe people are saying God's Son was weak. That album was nice as shit. It obviously cannot compare to the classic Illmatic, but it deserves more praise than you're giving it. Coming from Nas, maybe it's not the best, but compare it to other albums out there by other artists. The same applies with Stillmatic (which I thought was classic as well).
Agreed :thumb:

Looking forward to this album, and the Jay callab should be interesting. Just hope this album gets the promotion it deserves. Whens the release date??

The succes of their collaboration will depend mostly of song's topic besides production. But, in my opinion Jay-Z & Nas collaboration will be disaster. Btw, I really like 'God's Son'. Some classics are there but overall it's far from the Nas biggest achievements but still it's on higher level than most of other's albums.

HellRazor05 said:
What street? Your opinion on an album that doesn't even have a single out is hardly what I'd call "word on the street."

2 tracks leaked out already, and theyre both wack. Pepopel are talking man.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.