Jay-z spits one of the most disrespectful lines...

SonOf2pac said:
imo...

"and i'm afraid of the future
y'all respect the one who got shot
i respect the shooter."

:mad: great song but i find offense in that... somebody who takes somebody's life is no one that deserves respect... that is a diss to biggie, pac, and any other peeps gettin shot...
Shut up. This is the first stupid opinion that I've ever heard.

I been thinkin about this line all day, and running it through my head numerous times. And i came to the conclusion that Jay-z is talking about.......

My Nutss... Damn who cares, most rappers just spit lines that sound 'nice' and we sit here and over analyze them. Who cares who he's dissing. Its an ignorant line, why would u respect the shooter or the victim, unless the shooter or the victim were standing up for something u believe in.

ImmortalTech said:
I been thinkin about this line all day, and running it through my head numerous times. And i came to the conclusion that Jay-z is talking about.......

My Nutss... Damn who cares, most rappers just spit lines that sound 'nice' and we sit here and over analyze them. Who cares who he's dissing. Its an ignorant line, why would u respect the shooter or the victim, unless the shooter or the victim were standing up for something u believe in.
lol i feel ya.

he's not talking about any specific person. the poster (4got their name) on the first page already explained it: He respects the shooter because he's the one putting everything on the line and takin' a chance with the law, his life, etc. He doesn't respect the victim because the victim is the one that got caught slippin' when they should've been on their P's and Q's. that's all it is. nothin' more, nothin' less. the shooter is the 'last man standing', so to speak.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
You people are real thick, he's talking about his own death.

"and i'm afraid of the future
y'all respect the one who got shot
i respect the shooter."

ArtsyGirl

S O F I said:
Although the three lines imply many different things, I believe that he's saying he's afraid of the future so he will respect the shooter in the sense of being aware of him and respecting his motives. Basically, him seeing it coming. Now the middle line kind of doesn't prove my belief fully, but I like believing this. :)
This is also what I thought after reading Chronic's post on the first page.. The key line is "I'm afraid of the future" but it'd also be interesting if the rest of that verse was there to see to put it into perspective.

he's just saying people respect people for the wrong shit. in the "gangsta" world it is really better to be the shooter than get shot. who wants to get shot and possibly die?

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
I dont know if I think Jay was deep with the way thelines were ordered
I dont think the 'im afraid of the future' has shit to do with the respect the shooter line
I thought it was just sayin that some people want to give praise to someone bein shot like that makes them a gangster or certifies them in some way, etc

Wait
couldnt the damn first line be directed to the future of rap?

what are you guys talkin about :laugh: . Listen to the song. He's talkin about the future of rap and he's making a reference to how rappers who get shot(IE.50 cent and camron) are held in high regard and respected as tough people by fans nowadays.

"I'm from the era where niggas don't snitch
you from the era where snitchin' is the shit
I'm afraid of the future (why?)
yall respect the one who got shot
I respect the shooter"

simple really, listen to the preceeding lines..

he's talking about his era, then about this era.. then he says he's afraid of the future, right? Implying he's afraid of how bad it's gonna get..
Then y'all respect the one that got shot, like people said 50 etc.. , then I respect the shooter, he obviously isn't too fond of the ones that got shot..

Speaking of Jay-z I found this rediculously funny photo of Jay-z riding a camel. It's got to be up there with one of they gayest things I have ever seen this guy doing.

Ms L said:
Speaking of Jay-z I found this rediculously funny photo of Jay-z riding a camel. It's got to be up there with one of they gayest things I have ever seen this guy doing.
cam 'i saw ............. A CAMEL ON A CAMEL' :laugh:

personally i think it was directed to cam n game cause also on this cd hes syas somehting like rappers with gunshot wounds lalabyes dont mean a thing to me

lii

Phuntsok said:
what are you guys talkin about :laugh: . Listen to the song. He's talkin about the future of rap and he's making a reference to how rappers who get shot(IE.50 cent and camron) are held in high regard and respected as tough people by fans nowadays.

"I'm from the era where niggas don't snitch
you from the era where snitchin' is the shit
I'm afraid of the future (why?)
yall respect the one who got shot
I respect the shooter"
agreed, thats how i took it

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.