Jay-z spits one of the most disrespectful lines...

SonOf2pac

imo...

"and i'm afraid of the future
y'all respect the one who got shot
i respect the shooter."

:mad: great song but i find offense in that... somebody who takes somebody's life is no one that deserves respect... that is a diss to biggie, pac, and any other peeps gettin shot...

obviously its not a diss again BIG, those 2 were niggaz. Its obviously for Pac. Jay-Z always puts small time diss lines in for Pac.

ur making something out of nothing. this is not disrespectful at all unless u twist and turn the words around and think of all the other rappers that have been shot. I think hes just using that as a figure of speech when he is talking about what type of man he is. He respects the person taking the chance(shooter) and doesnt like the people that get in the way(victim).

Even though im not a big fan of Jay-Z i find it very hard to believe he would even think about dissing 2pac ten years after his death. hes not that big of an asshole.

Or hes the one making moves, he is the leader...etc etc.

Mr.Deuce

Mr.Deuce Wigalow: Male E-Gigolo
he means people who got shot but aint got the guts to shoot
and if he got shot, he got shot for something and the shooter has guts to shoot who runs his mouth.people who get shot pose like they gangstas...

Chronic

SonOf2pac said:
"and i'm afraid of the future
y'all respect the one who got shot
i respect the shooter."
Sounds to me like he's saying he's afraid of the future (ie. possibly getting shot) and he wants to live so in a kill or be killed situation he'd rather kill.

hizzle?

Staff member
PELLA said:
obviously its not a diss again BIG, those 2 were niggaz. Its obviously for Pac. Jay-Z always puts small time diss lines in for Pac.
did you just say "niggaz" ?

Can you give the rest of the lyrics so we can at least see what hes talking about...

if hes talking about anything in that song then there is nothing to take form that rhyme...he's just trying to act hard as 1000 of rappers today...

+ i cant believe some people actually try to find beef in that rhyme... it was just another bullshitting rhyme by Jay-Z...

But I kind of agree with you... if you take that literally, Jay-Z respects those two Colombine twats, the washington sniper, the idiots who kill people in war, etc

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Although the three lines imply many different things, I believe that he's saying he's afraid of the future so he will respect the shooter in the sense of being aware of him and respecting his motives. Basically, him seeing it coming. Now the middle line kind of doesn't prove my belief fully, but I like believing this. :)

Chronic

S O F I said:
Although the three lines imply many different things, I believe that he's saying he's afraid of the future so he will respect the shooter in the sense of being aware of him and respecting his motives.
That also sounds on point. Rap fans find beef in everything.

dissing rappers who get fame off getting shot ie game cam and 50.
nothing to do with dead people. pointing out that rappers who use gettin shot to try to garner dignity is backwards.

'im from the era where niggas dont snitch,
you from the era where snitching is the shit'
preceeds the said line, this line is a jab at jim jones, he was one of the mouthpieces for the stop snitching movement, the same guy who pressed charges for getting whooped at the rucker by cease and jnr mafia, dont believe me? hit up smoking gun.

and also THIS is the line u choose as most disrespectful? pac said WAY worse shit on hit em up.

SonOf2pac

ok it might not be a direct and intentional diss but think about it like this...

he's basically saying "let's honor the ones that shoot and not the ones that get shot. let's make America's murder rate increase!!!"

but i can see what he's really trying to say but it came out offensive to me like... "fuck pac... let's respect the guy that shot him..."

i aint sayin let's respect the peeps that get shot but why should we respect the shooter?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.