Jay-Z Announces He Isn't Retired From Rap

Jay-Z Announces He Isn't Retired From Rap

By Shawn Lawrence James
Date: 2/16/2005 2:54 pm

Jay-Z is already plotting his return to rap.

The Island Def Jam Music Group President racked up a plethora of accolades in 2004, but has opted to served double duty as CEO and artist.

The rapper “retired” from Hip-Hop in 2003 following the release of The Black Album and publicly stated that it would take a “miracle” for him to return.

Amidst the emergence of numerous freestyles on the Net and a recent visit to New York City’s Hot 97, Jay-Z recently confirmed what many speculated.

“I won't tour, and I am taking a break, but I'll be back,” He confessed to Page Six. “I am planning on recording again.”

Sources speculate that a new studio album could be offered from Jay later this year. Additionally, Jay reportedly has albums from Memphis Bleek, Young Gunz and Foxy Brown lined up this year.

Source: AllHipHop.com

oh gee ill be waiting on line to get this NEW AND IMPROVED JAY Z ALBUM, hell i won't even wait to dl online ill get the actual recording :D

Fact is, Jay used to churned albums out consistently & now that he's been out the game for a minute (not dropping albums I mean), he might just have got a taste for it again.

The signs of Jay's mouth & actions not drawing parallels have being there for a long time. From very early on Jay said he only planned on releasing one album (or something to that effect) & then went on to release quite a few (most, he says, due to Def Jam).

Anyways, there isn't that much for him to do these days is there....

Sleep in late, wake up - fuck Beyonce.
Kick back for a while, in your million dollar palace.
Have an expensive lunch, make some phone calls.
A little business here, a little business there.
Go watch your basketball team play & then take Beyonce for a swank dinner.
Head to your own club, invite all your friends.
Get drunk, go home & fuck Beyonce.

Go to sleep & then wake up & do it all over again.....

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Anyways, there isn't that much for him to do these days is there....

Sleep in late, wake up - fuck Beyonce.
Kick back for a while, in your million dollar palace.
Have an expensive lunch, make some phone calls.
A little business here, a little business there.
Go watch your basketball team play & then take Beyonce for a swank dinner.
Head to your own club, invite all your friends.
Get drunk, go home & fuck Beyonce.

Go to sleep & then wake up & do it all over again.....

god what a life

xxx

i just hope he refrains from putting out more collabo albums. That shit sux. I would love another blueprint or black album though.

for the record,. how long was he actually "retired", that is from after the black album, to when he started touring and doing concerts?

this is the worst news of the year.

I wish he woulda stayed the fuck retired.

LOL @ all those idiots who bought the black album thinkin it was gonna be the last one. When will jayz's fans admit that he lies and uses them all time time

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
of course it was.He had it all planned out with the fade to black movie thats when i knew it was a gimmick.It was a way 4 him to make even more money.

HellRazor05 said:
didnt he have a one album deal with Shady/Aftermath? and The Black Album wasnt his last album.........he did the album with R. Kelly and then one with Linkin Park. he never retired and probably never will. i dont understand this man. its say one thing do the other with him..
For a while he was listed as an artist on Aftermath.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.