It's official, Napoleon retires

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Napoleon, member of Tupac's original Outlawz, has announced to StreetHop.com that he is officially retiring from the rap game.

He had been recently working on a solo album produced by Johnny J (How Do U Want It) after leaving The Outlawz group due to a difference of opinion in the direction the group had been heading since the tragic death of their leader, Tupac.

Unfortunately for fans, Napoleon has now decided to totally leave the rap game behind, a decision no doubt fueled by his recent embrace of Islam and strong dedication to his faith.

StreetHop.com will have a full press release soon, but in the meantime we would like to wish Napoleon all the best.

i remember at the start of the whole thing when never forget FIRST dropped he said in an interview that he prays that if his album bring ppl to Islam.. he prays he goes platinum, but if his album pushes even one person away from islam, he wishes it never hits the shelves.

juss thought that was interesting... anyways, Im happy for him, may Allah guide em

~peace

meh, I dont think you can take rappers "retirements" too seriously *cough* Jay-Z *cough*, although if he is dedicating his time to Islam, then maybe this really will be it for Napoleon.

Only time will tell I guess.

we don't care about napoleon or the outlawz the band died with pac 9years ago.I never bought an outlawz album even if i like listening to them on pac songs.RIP napoleon

Napoleon was in the prime of his career and is still at a young age, but the politics in the industry may have been too much for him to handle. His solo tracks had recieved massive feedback and he had generated a strong buzz with various magazine articles, radio interviews etc. Propblems with distribution and with creative decisions involving Johnny J delayed the project.I could personally tell you how many labels and industry big dawgs were loving the tracks and wanted to put the album out a lot of offers were turned down untill it was too late. Napoleon now has strong contact with members of The Outlawz they will always have that lifelong Outlaw bond established through Pac.

I will be speaking to him during the weekend and we will put out an official statement. Man I wish more people got the privlidge to meet Mutah(Napoleon) or talk with him to see what kind of great individual he is. I can bet whoever has met him will speak highlly of the man.

All the bet to you my brother ....
for those taking negative shit here yall did not get to listen the album napleon puttogether it was crazy johnny j did his thing with the beats n MU came rite through out.Not to mention a lot of major labels that were interested in putting the album out.You think you know but you have no Idea ....

masta247

Staff member
shiiit.... now Outlaw Immortalz are dying.. Thug life is dying :( Songs that Pac recorded before he passed are all we got left :(

Nozzy E

i undastand wat path napoleon is taking..the rap industry is a fukd up at the moment and its less positive things people are talking about in their songs which is negative towards the religion of islam........but i hope his retirement doesnt affect his featuring on upcoming 2pac projects cz he is the only Ex Outlawz member who kept a name 4 himself and had the real reason to rap.......Napoleon is a talent.....its a sahme hes retiring but i undastand his reasons.......

I was waiting on the album hopefully they will relaese a few tracks but im happy for him al least he's come to a point in his career where he is at peace with himself. Good luck to him and his family

Yo, Young G, talk to Napoleon, ask the man if he is goin to release his solo album. He got his fans starving for his album. I do remember Napoleon sayin when he releases his album he finished with the rap game and he goin to go and do his deed with islam.

BUT DAMN NAPOLEON, THAT MEANS REAL FANS OF HIP HOP gotta listen to bullshit rap like 50 cent, Chingy, Nelly, etc. I like them to bounce to but I WANT THAT KNOWLEDGE that 2Pac dropped on his albums, NAPOLEON, YOU DOIN THE SAME THING... Please... all of us as fans just wish you would release your album, stuff I've heard so far is amazing, it's exactly what rap has been missing.

Napoleon, listen please.. you have a gift. I am deaf, (I wear hearing aides so I can hear, so it gives me a mild hearing loss with the help of hearing aides) I can see that you got talent. I was counting on you to bring Hip Hop/Rap back to 96. I am forever stuck in that era of Rap, you know why? because rap wasn't bullshit then. Everyone put out good real music, not like T.I. said " money, hoes, cars and clothes" So if a 95% deaf person can say you have talent just imagine what Allah might say... "you have the gift that can reach the deaf ears and give the blind paintings." Ok, but still Allah would say something like that.

I'll support your decision, but if you feel like you've been kicked around and all that. FORGET 'EM, Pac saw something in you, YOUR FANS SEE SOMETHING IN YOU. Do what you want but please release your album, if your going to leave.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.