Islam

tennis_dog said:
oh wow...looks like this topic got alotta attention

i got nothing against islam, but its just weird...when you think islam, you think terrorist ( yeah, stereotypical, shoot me) and it just feels weird when you hear alotta rappers using islamic terminology...

they do drink though, so yeah, i think thats against their religion...but busta had that pass the courvossier(sp.) song, so i dunno.....
the most legit rapper i know of is NApoleon. i met him so i kno.. he's retired now tho. he wudnt drink or nuthin like dat. he quit rap purely becuse he wants 2 concentrate more on his faith. i heard sumwer freeway was a muslim and also peedie crak/. is dat rite?

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
funny thing is you think they are muslim but they have crosses the size of their legs hanging off their necks and tatood on their backs

their not muslim...they are making references...like when they refer to the italian mafia...they are making references to show their understanding

tennis_dog said:
i got nothing against islam, but its just weird...when you think islam, you think terrorist ( yeah, stereotypical, shoot me) and it just feels weird when you hear alotta rappers using islamic terminology...
they do drink though, so yeah, i think thats against their religion...but busta had that pass the courvossier(sp.) song, so i dunno.....
you are a stupid fuckin prick arent yah mate

Drinking and any type of narcotic that takes your mind away from its natural state is a sin in islam, just like christians have thou shall nots, but im sure some of yall have stolen, fornicated, lied or whatever, dont prove shit.

You didnt think islam = terrorist before 9-11 its just that youve been indoctrinated by the media. only because islam doesnt teach you to turn the other cheek, its tells you, if someone touches you, fuck em up

Alot of rappers are muslim though the 5 percent and nation have nothing to do with the origional islamic faith.

metaphysic said:
What Do Muslims Believe about Jesus?

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus’ enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him. And the likeness of Jesus was put over another man. Jesus’ enemies took this man and crucified him, thinking that he was Jesus. God has said:

...They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.” They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)... (Quran, 4:157)

So whatd the guy who was made to resemble Jesus do to deserve being crucified?

Helena

JACKFROST said:
islam doesnt teach you to turn the other cheek, its tells you, if someone touches you, fuck em up
i agree with the rest of ur post...but i aint sure about this...does islam really teach this?

KrAzY:aka:AnDy

Under The Influence
Helena said:
i agree with the rest of ur post...but i aint sure about this...does islam really teach this?
Again, I'm not a muslim... but I am arab and have been raised amongst muslims... I think thats more of a misconception.

I very much doubt it says in the Qua'ran that if someone bothers you "fuck'em up" or to any extent of that sort in any way.

Althought I think I do remember reading some sort of phrase in the Qua'ran that states it is okay to kill out of respect for one's faith, as in... if somebody inforces you to convert or disclaim your religion it is okay to slay them by the "sword".

Helena

KrAzY:aka:AnDy said:
I'm not a muslim... but I am arab and have been raised amongst muslims...
lol... i am a muslim, half arab half white and iv'e been raised by non-muslims!!

...ur talkin about jihad. iv'e done some reading up on that. It should only be used as a last resort right? and theres rules that have to be abided by.

fwn said:
The guy deserved to be crucified because he tried to do the same to Jesus. Common sense
i thought Jesus was sent to wipe out everyones sins.."forgive them father for they know not what they do"...but this makes sense to you then huh, eye for an eye

Under The Influence
Helena said:
lol... i am a muslim, half arab half white and iv'e been raised by non-muslims!!

...ur talkin about jihad. iv'e done some reading up on that. It should only be used as a last resort right? and theres rules that have to be abided by.
"Jihad" is an arabic word for "Holy War", umm really not sure about the rules that must be followed in it, im not really sure about any of it actually... i've only read bits and pieces of that Qua'ran, and i've never actually had the liberty of talking to any of my muslim friends about it either, I don't think I ever will because it's a touchy subject... I wouldnt want them to think I'm imposing or trying to be rude in anyway.

Duke

Staff member
"Jihad" is an arabic word for "Holy War", umm really not sure about the rules that must be followed in it, im not really sure about any of it actually... i've only read bits and pieces of that Qua'ran, and i've never actually had the liberty of talking to any of my muslim friends about it either, I don't think I ever will because it's a touchy subject... I wouldnt want them to think I'm imposing or trying to be rude in anyway.
As far as i know, i believe "struggle for faith" is most correct translation, amongst many other definitons. The Jihad is a holy war fought to defend oneself or to reclaim territory lost in prior conflicts.

At least, that's what i think.

Under The Influence
CoolWaterz said:
i thought Jesus was sent to wipe out everyones sins.."forgive them father for they know not what they do"...but this makes sense to you then huh, eye for an eye
You are corrrect.

Jesus came into the world to bring forgiveness and freewill into a world that desperately needed it. Before he came, people had no way of reedeming themselves from sins that they had committed, there for being damned in hell.

But his arrival opened gates for repenting etc... so that when people sinned they would be forgiven, and to do so he had to carry the weight of the world's sins on his shoulders and die with them.

Thats why he didn't "save himself...".

That's what Christian's believe.

Helena

^no im sure they won't...ive been learning about islam recently, wanting to know allsorts..and every1 has been really helpfull!

coolwaterz- Muslims dont believe that Jesus was sent to wipe out everyones sins

Under The Influence
Duke said:
As far as i know, i believe "struggle for faith" is most correct translation, amongst many other definitons. The Jihad is a holy war fought to defend oneself or to reclaim territory lost in prior conflicts.

At least, that's what i think.
You could be right too....

The translation of words in arabic kind of varies from dilect to dilect (for example: from Egyptian arabic to Sudanese arabic or Lebanese arabic).

The words, meanings and their pronouncation are slightly different.

I'm Sudanese/Egyptian arabic.

Jihad means struggle. Simple as...

You can have a Jihad with school,friends etc. Meaning, you struggle with it. It doesn't mean holy war!!!

And to the guy who said that nobody deserves to be crucified; There are thousands of people I would like to see crucified. Some people deserver the worst thing possible.

Again, I'm not a muslim... but I am arab and have been raised amongst muslims... I think thats more of a misconception.

I very much doubt it says in the Qua'ran that if someone bothers you "fuck'em up" or to any extent of that sort in any way.

Althought I think I do remember reading some sort of phrase in the Qua'ran that states it is okay to kill out of respect for one's faith, as in... if somebody inforces you to convert or disclaim your religion it is okay to slay them by the "sword".
lol itdont say it like that, what it does say is basically broken down how i try to say it,

basically if anyone touches one muslim ur warring with all, and an injustice to one is the same as all. its more of a defend yourself if it is needed and stand up for your beliefs.

ps ye jihad is struggle, ie physical struggle, mental struggle(getting rid of your demons, disciplining yourself etc, i think theres more too...

ps helena didnt know that, is helena an arabic name or from your christian/non muslim roots ?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.