Is Rap/Hip Hop feeling old to you now.

its linx! said:
I will never understand why people say things like this. Then again, I don't run into people that love hip hop like I do, so I can't say I expect people to feel the same way I do. I have enough material to love the rest of my life without listening to any new shit for real. Honestly, I could do it. If the shit is so bad, don't listen to it. Listen to what you like, it's that simple.
So true man. :thumb:

It sounds like the thread starter needs to find his ass some new artists.

linx

Staff member
You know what's funny.. as obvious as some shit may seem, people just don't see it. If you don't like something you see/hear, don't listen to the shit. There are PLENTY of artists out there that you haven't heard, go give them a listen. It's always a great feeling when I discover a new artist and i'm really feeling em. As corny as it might sound, I love hip hop and there's no possible way it could ever get boring to me. As far as aloivas goes, he made perfect sense in prooving that dude wrong. :thumb:

Casey

Staff member
I used to live, eat, breathe and shit hiphop. Nowadays I can barely listen to any new shit. I could care less about the latest 50 million and one mixtape releases every day with some lame ass new rapper freestyling over beats we've heard a million and one times, always about how hard they are and how theyll murk other rappers in some clever and humourous way with a punchline that someone else has already used, and some fag-ass new Rnb singer trying to be cool. I don't wanna hear any more Lil Jon or Eminem beats. I don't wanna hear Bizarre's wack ass shit.

I don't think I can honestly tell you the last recent rap song that I really loved.
Nowadays pretty much all I listen to is Prince, MJ, 2Pac and Nine Inch Nails.

Although I am anticipating the new DMX album. It's dark and hell is hot is one of my favorite albums - but every subsequent release has gotten worse (Grand Champ was a pile of shit)... i'm just hoping he can pull something out of the bag.

and the new kanye should be worth hearing - diamonds from sierra leone is a good track :thumb:

Militant said:
I used to live, eat, breathe and shit hiphop. Nowadays I can barely listen to any new shit. I could care less about the latest 50 million and one mixtape releases every day with some lame ass new rapper freestyling over beats we've heard a million and one times, always about how hard they are and how theyll murk other rappers in some clever and humourous way with a punchline that someone else has already used, and some fag-ass new Rnb singer trying to be cool. I don't wanna hear any more Lil Jon or Eminem beats. I don't wanna hear Bizarre's wack ass shit.

I don't think I can honestly tell you the last recent rap song that I really loved.
Nowadays pretty much all I listen to is Prince, MJ, 2Pac and Nine Inch Nails.

Although I am anticipating the new DMX album. It's dark and hell is hot is one of my favorite albums - but every subsequent release has gotten worse (Grand Champ was a pile of shit)... i'm just hoping he can pull something out of the bag.

and the new kanye should be worth hearing - diamonds from sierra leone is a good track :thumb:
so basically... you dont want any new artists to come out?

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Been feelin this way for many days now. I used to fiend for rap music like some of these cats in here was speakin about. Nowadays I listen 2 music from other genres as much, if not more than rap. Only music from the genre I can tollerate nowadays is people like- Brotha Lynch, X-Raided, Kweli/Def/Monch, some Limn, Technique, Tecca...pretty much it, only people I can listen 2 either cuz of the lyrics or flow/style.

Peace

Mystic said:
so basically... you dont want any new artists to come out?
i think he meant that he wants to hear somethin different, creativity is being stifled cos of the over promotion of the same stale old formula.

Kareem

*suspect#1* said:
of course you youngins gonna love it hip hop now is shit take it back to 92-99 when it was good

:thumb: exactly, i havent bought an album in damn a long ass time, jus keep bumpn that ole good shit! no offense but alot of you cats are too young to remember the days of real hip hop or maybe im jus getting to old, i wouldnt say hip hop is boring me i jus dont buy into the new bullshit they lable as hip hop. peace

linx

Staff member
I'm not gonna bitch at you or anything, but it's kinda annoying when people come at others like that. Being around something longer than someone else doesn't mean anything. It's what you know. I mean look at me, I started listening to hip hop at a very young age. I'm almost 21 and i've listened to it since I was a very little kid. I probably love hip hop and know more about it than alot of dudes that are in their mid-late 20's. I don't wanna sound like I think i'm better than anyone though, but hopefully you see what I mean. :thumb:

sniper said:
eugh, if anything i feel like im gettin too old for rap. anyone else feel like their growin out of the recent shit ??

Yea, i feel. im only 18 but the new shits kinda week. Like espciallly when an artist gets big. there seem so much better when they dont have money. And right now no one that seems to have the power to grab me is commin up. I still love rap. shit i love crooked I. and kurupt. Mayb tats why im growin out of it. It takes to long for dr to make fuckin music.

brawlick said:
Or Why dont you guys that are are bored of it start rapping.

i would but i dont but i dont know how to mix or record or n e of that. plus my style would be very political and emotional and a good bit like pac(thats why i love him) and you know id always be called a biter.

First of all, why do you all jump at this guy for stating his thoughts on a MESSAGEBOARD?

At most parts I agree with him. My liking of hip hop is very limited right now. I mean, the choice of rappers to listen too.

I listen to other genres too nowdays.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.