Is It A Classic?

Very close to being a classic, I'm not sure if I'd label it as a concrete one though.

there are very few albums I consider classic so I'm not slighting this shit, it is very tight indeed.

I say it is eminem's best album and a classic to me. But no, I dont think it is labelled a classic by most hiphop heads.

TCD

One of the best albums of the 21st century but to me a classic is an album that did something more than just being good music.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I think lyrically Eminem is amazing. He is imaginitive, Creative and paints a vivid (if drug induced) picture. However the beats tend to let it down when it comes to being labelled a classic. For it to be classic it needs to take rap in a new direction. Which it didn't do. It was different. But not genre breaking. However we were introduced to a future rap legend and 1 of the most influential people in hip-hop today. Hate me for it, but it's true.

I hold both the 2 albums released by Eminem as classic. And both are in my top 10. However I can see why they aren't considered classic by hip-hop standards and by the majority of heads.

Pittsey said:
I think lyrically Eminem is amazing. He is imaginitive, Creative and paints a vivid (if drug induced) picture. However the beats tend to let it down when it comes to being labelled a classic. For it to be classic it needs to take rap in a new direction. Which it didn't do. It was different. But not genre breaking. However we were introduced to a future rap legend and 1 of the most influential people in hip-hop today. Hate me for it, but it's true.

I hold both the 2 albums released by Eminem as classic. And both are in my top 10. However I can see why they aren't considered classic by hip-hop standards and by the majority of heads.
theyre not considered classic because ....... read the bold u answered it yourself.

every classic album has spawned imitation.... and ppl tryna emulate the vibe of it, the wordplay, the flow, the imagery, the concepts, ..... mmlp and sslp both failed in this aspect. i think it may have to do more with the fact that black rappers(no hate) will stick with their family ie mum/wife/child whereas em doesnt get on with his family apart from hailey, thats what separates him from the rest. Unless another set of rappers comes out heavily influenced by em's first 2 albums ..... it cant be considered a classic i guess.

ps imo mmlp is a classic, and thats what i ride on, fuck what someone else thinks, i judge for myself.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.