Is Fat Joe taking this beef alittle too personal?

Am I the only one who thinks that Fat Joe is taking this "beef" a little bit to serious? I mean, if you listen to "Piggybank", 50 just merely spit line a competitive line about "Lean Back" being a dud compared to "In The Club", and nothin more than that. 50 didnt degrade his manhood or question his street cred or anything. And I feel if it was the other way around, people would pointed out that 50 was takin it too serious (since alot of y'all love to hate 50 anyway). But Joe is actin mad as hell (not on the song, but also in that interview w/ KaySlay) and takin about doin something to 50. It really aint that serious. Damn. Smile, Crack...

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Tell me. If you did a great party track like 'Lean Back' for Terror Squad. A group that's is used to be great (cause of Pun and Link), but now.. is being rebuilt slowly. Then some cocky dude says that he shit was better than your cause he sold milions, you wouldn't be pissed? I know I would, especially someone who comes outta right field and is talking straight out their ass.

FlipMo said:
Tell me. If you did a great party track like 'Lean Back' for Terror Squad. A group that's is used to be great (cause of Pun and Link), but now.. is being rebuilt slowly. Then some cocky dude says that he shit was better than your cause he sold milions, you wouldn't be pissed? I know I would, especially someone who comes outta right field and is talking straight out their ass.
Acutally, Terror Squad's 1st album flopped even w/ Big Pun (& Cuban Link) in it then. And Joe's been having a multiplatinum success solo career since then.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Yeah, but the first Terror Squad album was actually good. :D

This one wasn't IMO. lol

Yeah Joey's been doing fine, but his crew hasn't been quite the success. Only one in there that has a chance to blow is going to be Remy Ma.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
nah, beef is beef. Fat joe didnt deserve to be dissed by 50, he never did shit to him. Oh yea, Lean back was a crazy single!

But Joe says alota deadly shit in that track, even threatens to kill his kids!!

Sarr said:
But Joe says alota deadly shit in that track, even threatens to kill his kids!!
Thats the exact kinda shit Im talkin about....but if hearing a rapper threaten to kill somebody's kids makes you happy, then hey...

But whether Joe deserved it or not, regardless, it ain't that damn serious. 50 just poked a lil fun at him and Joe gets all bent over and out of shape. All Joe had to do was "expose" him and thats it. Thats why I like Jada's response better.

Onion Juice said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Fat Joe is taking this "beef" a little bit to serious? I mean, if you listen to "Piggybank", 50 just merely spit line a competitive line about "Lean Back" being a dud compared to "In The Club", and nothin more than that. 50 didnt degrade his manhood or question his street cred or anything. And I feel if it was the other way around, people would pointed out that 50 was takin it too serious (since alot of y'all love to hate 50 anyway). But Joe is actin mad as hell (not on the song, but also in that interview w/ KaySlay) and takin about doin something to 50. It really aint that serious. Damn. Smile, Crack...

UM NO, he mentioned his name JUST BECAUSE HE DID A SONG WITH JA, umm now who looks like the BIT*CH? who looks like the one who has FEELINGS about the situation? it seems like fitty thinks he's bigger than HIP-HOP, like he NEEDS to be mentioned with the GREATS.

pclvson said:
UM NO, he mentioned his name JUST BECAUSE HE DID A SONG WITH JA, umm now who looks like the BIT*CH? who looks like the one who has FEELINGS about the situation? it seems like fitty thinks he's bigger than HIP-HOP, like he NEEDS to be mentioned with the GREATS.
"Um", okay.

It's totally normal for Joe to take it personally since 50 once dissed Pun even though he was about to take it to the streets. So what Joe is doing is normal, as he wants to try and destroy this dude's career.

Peace

So y'all dont think Fat Joe talkin about killing 50 and kid is takin it too personal? Even if all 50 said was 'your song aint better than mine' and didn't call Joe a hoe-ass nigga or anything?

Onion Juice said:
So y'all dont think Fat Joe talkin about killing 50 and kid is takin it too personal? Even if all 50 said was 'your song aint better than mine' and didn't call Joe a hoe-ass nigga or anything?

I don't know if you've ever gotten into a fight before man...but you don't wait for someone to jack you in the face before you swing back. And if you do get a shot to hit someone after they've swung at you, then you fuckin knock him the fuck out. This ain't "turn the other cheek" shit. You know if you're gonna throw down or not, and you take care of your business.

50 has been talkin shit about Joe and disrespecting him for months. They both know that shit's gettin ugly. 50 basically threw the first punch w/Piggybank, and Joe is swingin back. This isn't like, "Ok, we're gonna start fighting now everybody...no shots below the belt or above the neck, is that cool?" FUCK NO. What the hell kinda question is this man?

jflballer said:
I don't know if you've ever gotten into a fight before man...but you don't wait for someone to jack you in the face before you swing back. And if you do get a shot to hit someone after they've swung at you, then you fuckin knock him the fuck out. This ain't "turn the other cheek" shit. You know if you're gonna throw down or not, and you take care of your business.

50 has been talkin shit about Joe and disrespecting him for months. They both know that shit's gettin ugly. 50 basically threw the first punch w/Piggybank, and Joe is swingin back. This isn't like, "Ok, we're gonna start fighting now everybody...no shots below the belt or above the neck, is that cool?" FUCK NO. What the hell kinda question is this man?
You dont understand what Im sayin at all, brah. None of y'all do to be honest. Listen. I know you gotta back at a nigga for disrespectin you - of course, thats before elementary; why tha fuck do you even think you should even try to school me on that? I already know that shit. Save that lil lesson for some knucklehead.

And yeah, so 50's been talkin shit about Joe & Jada for months regardless whatever the reason, but it aint like 50's been sending muthafuckas to shoot them or beat em up or making threats to do somethin to them.

Now, Jada got at 50 pretty good. But Fat Joe went all out talkin about if 50 responds back to him, then he's gonna acutally do something to him and his kid. And tha thing about that is that he makes himself sound so serious about it (like in the KaySlay interview). And y'all are givin all of these lil ass excuses and makin it sound like talkin about killing somebody's kid is a part of hiphop or something. If thats how y'all feel, yall some sad muthafuckas.

jflballer said:
you don't wait for someone to jack you in the face before you swing back. And if you do get a shot to hit someone after they've swung at you, then you fuckin knock him the fuck out.
that sums it all up right there........end of discussion

Onion Juice said:
You dont understand what Im sayin at all, brah. None of y'all do to be honest. Listen. I know you gotta back at a nigga for disrespectin you - of course, thats before elementary; why tha fuck do you even think you should even try to school me on that? I already know that shit. Save that lil lesson for some knucklehead.

And yeah, so 50's been talkin shit about Joe & Jada for months regardless whatever the reason, but it aint like 50's been sending muthafuckas to shoot them or beat em up or making threats to do somethin to them.

Now, Jada got at 50 pretty good. But Fat Joe went all out talkin about if 50 responds back to him, then he's gonna acutally do something to him and his kid. And tha thing about that is that he makes himself sound so serious about it (like in the KaySlay interview). And y'all are givin all of these lil ass excuses and makin it sound like talkin about killing somebody's kid is a part of hiphop or something. If thats how y'all feel, yall some sad muthafuckas.

I'm not a sad muthafucka cuz it's part of hip-hop -- HIP HOP IS THE SAD MUTHAFUCKA. Love it or hate it, this IS hip-hop culture. These ARE rappers (yeah, I agree, some of them are the most unprofessional people in society, but society's fucked up anyway). And it's not starting now -- Pac died in '96...Biggie died 6 months later. Big L died, JMJ died, Camouflage died, Mossberg died, 50's been stabbed and shot. This isn't happening to Denzel Washington, Lindsey Lohan, Omarion, or Ashlee Simpson. Hip-hop is real (well, a lot of it). In every other entertainment industry, life imitates art. In hip-hop, art imitates life. That's a huge part of its appeal.

50's not dissing Joe cuz Joe is bad at checkers or Connect Four. He's disrespecting Joe's talents, his click, and all of what Joe stands for. 50 thinks that Joe shouldn't work w/Ja if he doesn't want it from him. 50's even dissed Samuel Jackson for not wanting to work with him. Instead of just respecting Jackson's decision, he attacks the man -- and that's the same thing he's doing with Joe and Jada.

These dudes are from the streets. Yeah, I've still got some of that bulldog in me as I'm gradually adjusting to the professional world. And still, if someone comes at me for whatever reason, that bulldog instantly comes out. It's the same thing here. 50's going after people who have roots in the street, and you don't attack someone's life, loves, and decisions unless you expect to be treated the same way. But in terms of hip-hop -- the violence isn't going to stop.

Remember when Ja went "pop"? Y'all hated on him for that. Why, cuz he wasn't startin beef or talkin about violence but rather just makin money and havin fun? That's hip-hop, man. There used to be a distinction between hip-hop and rap, but it's pretty much coalesced into one category. Hip-hop's appeal comes from many elements, and one of these is its realness: art imitates life. Yeah man, in many other professions/industries, talkin about killin someone's family is out of the question. But in hip-hop, that's part of its appeal. These dudes aren't holding back because of the business of music. For these guys, this is life.

jflballer said:
These dudes are from the streets. Yeah, I've still got some of that bulldog in me as I'm gradually adjusting to the professional world. And still, if someone comes at me for whatever reason, that bulldog instantly comes out.
LMAO!

Sorry, its just street talk on the internet makes me laugh all the time.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.