Immortal Technique taking aim at Dead Prez on Revolutionary Vol. 1?

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
DrugBa11ad said:
Am I a backpacking fag because I buy Dead Prez and im white?
yeah, for real, you gotta watch what the fuck you say.

i'm a white kid. i buy dead prez. but i'm definately not a fag, and i definately don't "backpack".

stop being so fucking close-minded, and accept the fact that a) hip hop is a cauccasian-consumer market, and b) every artist's intention is to get rich. some want it more than others, but every artist wants it.

if they didn't, they would just post their shit up on the internet for download.

drugba11ad knows what the fuck he's talking about. just admit when you made a mistake.

IT wouldn't mind a deal with Shady/Aftermath for the fact that his shit would get more publicity, but he wouldn't be making as much money off the albums (according to his statements). He's got his own label and therefore makes all the money off his album, but he can't charge as much as Eminem and 50 can for concerts and shit.

Aside from that point, I don't think IT would take shots at dead prez simply because they share several political ideas.

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
Franchise2003 said:
anybody who's white and buys dead prez must be either and albino or have zero sself respect.
uh, 'fraid not, buddy. i'm white, i buy dead prez, i'm definately not albino, and i'm friggen loaded with self-respect.

just because dead prez is racist does not mean that white people can't like them. i accept them for their flaws. it's the way they grew up. in the projects. where the only white people they knew were the cops that used to harrass them. so yeah. obviously they're going to be inclined towards prejudice.

however, their music is not just about how white people are crackers and this and that. it's about political issues. and moral issues. and the corruption of hip hop and of the african-american race.

when dead prez calls somebody a 'cracker' in one of their songs, i know they're not talking about me. they're talking about the majority of whites who are still stereotypical, prejudiced, or flat-out racist. and i agree with them.

just because they're revolutionaries and they're so politically orientated does not mean they're always right. they have flaws to, and i can either be ignorant and hate them for their flaws, or i can accept that which i cannot change.

when dead prez calls somebody a 'cracker' in one of their songs, i know they're not talking about me.

if your white im afraid they are. If eminem put out a song with a line in it similar to that from prez's hip hop, "im down for runnin upon those niggers in the city halls". Would people react like you do to dead prez and say "well hes only talking about a few black people?? of course they wouldn't he'd probably be critisced hugely and dropped from his label, now whats the difference??

Why why dont you guys know anything? These boards have completely changed. Where are the old heads?

IT toured with DP for almost a whole year and they did concerts together in NYC.

IT refused a deal from Sony, choosing to remain independant.

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
Franchise2003 said:
when dead prez calls somebody a 'cracker' in one of their songs, i know they're not talking about me.

if your white im afraid they are. If eminem put out a song with a line in it similar to that from prez's hip hop, "im down for runnin upon those niggers in the city halls". Would people react like you do to dead prez and say "well hes only talking about a few black people?? of course they wouldn't he'd probably be critisced hugely and dropped from his label, now whats the difference??
that's totally different. there's this huge double standard in today's society. and since whites are still viewed as the oppressers and blacks the oppressed, blacks are allowed to say such things without causing a serious problem.

and as far as DPZ calling me a cracker, no. they're not.

i can't quote DPZ on this, but i heard an interview with IT a couple months back, and the interviewer asked him about some anti-white comments he had said in a song. i forget which song. and IT clarifies, saying how he's not talking about all white people. that he loves white people. he's talking about the 'white man', the 'neo-slave master', i think he called it.

and seeing as how IT and DPZ share mainly the same views, i'm sure DPZ would totally agree.

Remember when Pac talked about Bitches all the time, and on Ressurection he clarifies what he is talking about? He says that not all women are bitches, he even says most of them are not, but the ones he calls bitches are the ones with no self-respect, etc, etc.

Dead Prez is going along the same lines, the "crackaz" ther talking about are not all white people, its the racist ones, its George Bush, its the rich ones who dont give a fuck about the lower-class, its all them people, its the ones who enslaved his peopel in the past, its Christopher Columbus, Woodrow Wilson, you know? It ain't me, it ain't ryfhghy, it aitn the other white kids who kick it bumpin dead prez.

Eminem may have just been talking about a few "niggers", as you put it. But the listeners are the ones who would over exaggerate and blow the word out of proportion. Not only that, rfjngjgy(haha I dunno how to spell it), was completely right, I was about to say the same thing, he just got here before me.

Oh, he forgot to say this though franchise, Fuck yourself for insulting me, rjgnjehgy, and any other white boy who buys Dead Prez and bumps thier shit.

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
DrugBa11ad said:
Remember when Pac talked about Bitches all the time, and on Ressurection he clarifies what he is talking about? He says that not all women are bitches, he even says most of them are not, but the ones he calls bitches are the ones with no self-respect, etc, etc.
THAT'S IT! THANK YOU!

that was bugging the hell outta me. i knew the IT interview proved my point, but i knew there was some other interview i'd heard that was a PERFECT EXAMPLE. i knew it was some white chick giving the interview, but i just couldn't remember who she was interviewing.

but yeah. that's it. pac on resurrection. thanks for that. that was killing me.

DrugBa11ad said:
rfjngjgy(haha I dunno how to spell it)
come on, DB. take a look at your keyboard. it's set up like this.

Q W E R T Y U I O P
A S D F G H J K L
Z X C V B N M

now look at it again:

Q W E R T Y U I O P
A S D F G H J K L
Z X C V B N M

see? :D

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.