Immortal Technique Hasn't Signed With G-Unit Records

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
PELLA said:
ok ok ok

"in my opinion, i think IT is wack."
you edited your post... that's a bitch move.
i can't even reply to this.

i will say that tech represents one of the very FEW artists who bring something new to the game. saying he "sucks" without offering a real opinion based on fact is childish and underscores that you may be just talking shit. meanwhile pseudo-intellectual artists come up and say nothing, or even worse you have some laffy taffy shit that is completely devoid of meaning, yet it's "cool."

your report card isn't the only thing that needs some attention. you need to discover what real hip hop is all about and why it was even created in the first place.

we all live and grow, and now a door has been opened for you to examine why you listen to what you do, and what it all means.

Immortal Technique Signs With G-Unit Records

Dante said:
yeah he's so garbage that he's one of the best rappers in the game right now. sheesh, i bet you like cam'ron or some poo like that.

even if they don't agree with his politics, any REAL hip hop fan respects tech. period.
his flow and voice are monotonous and his songs are the fucking same like creed

Dante

Bigg Limn said:
shake that laffy taffy
i know you dance around your studio room in the nude to laffy taffy, steppng on empty diet coke cans and skittle wrappers sticking to your feet, you filthy son of a bitch. you ain't nothin'.

Militant said:
He wouldn't sign with G-Unit. They're controlled by the corporate suits and IT is against that.
which distrubtion label isn't controlled by "corprate suits", for enough money IT (or anyone else) would sell out FACT, some of you need to wake up and stop being so naive. Plus why would g unit want IT he has very little commerical potential......

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

DUB CEE said:
his flow and voice are monotonous and his songs are the fucking same like creed
I have to agree. I like IT and he has some good tracks. But he needs to work with better producers and drop the political topics, they're too common. I like the socially aware tracks from IT. He is far from wack though, but he is over rated, especially by younger fans.

Franchise2003 said:
which distrubtion label isn't controlled by "corprate suits", for enough money IT (or anyone else) would sell out FACT, some of you need to wake up and stop being so naive. Plus why would g unit want IT he has very little commerical potential......

IT makes far more money the independent way. He has full creative control and owns the whole package. Name me another rapper who can say that? I can't think of any.

Dante

Pittsey said:
I have to agree. I like IT and he has some good tracks. But he needs to work with better producers and drop the political topics, they're too common. I like the socially aware tracks from IT. He is far from wack though, but he is over rated, especially by younger fans.

IT makes far more money the independent way. He has full creative control and owns the whole package. Name me another rapper who can say that? I can't think of any.
master p.

oh wait, you said "creative," my bad.

Pittsey said:
Any rapper not affliated with a major label, basically any rapper who hasn't "made it yet" and im sorry theres no way in the world IT makes more money than commerical artists like those on g unit records.

Dante

Franchise2003 said:
Any rapper not affliated with a major label, basically any rapper who hasn't "made it yet" and im sorry theres no way in the world IT makes more money than commerical artists like those on g unit records.
it all depends how you look at it... yes, IT sells vastly fewer units than a highly promoted and publicised artist like 50 cent does, but his gross revenue per unit is very much higher than 50 (due to the fact that there are more hands in the pot). while 50 gets points, IT gets everything. the only catch is that IT has to recoup all of the manufacturing and distro costs himself, but on a $10 cd he easily pulls in $8, whereas on a $15 cd 50 probably makes less than a dollar.

the illusion that rappers are rich is just that - an illusion. most rappers are given a reasonable advance, which they promptly go out and blow on conspicuous consumption items to give the illusion that they are wealthy even before their record is on the shelf. in turn they have to recoup their share of distro, promo, advertising, radio play (read: bribes and outright payoffs), and sometimes even pressing. if a record sells a million copies, that doesn't mean a rapper made a million. in fact, they're usually lucky to walk with a fraction of that, which of course is subject to taxes at an inflated rate since they made more than 97% of the population. i would urge people who don't know about the money to look into it... with knowledge of how hip hop money works, it makes people who are fake ass ballers (especially on their debut albums) look like clowns dressed up with their flashy clothes and makeup, but still slumming it behind the scenes. pretty funny how people idolize an idiot wearing a figurative mask.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.