Immortal Technique Hasn't Signed With G-Unit Records

Immortal Technique Speaks on G-Unit
Tuesday - April 4, 2006
A-Plus
Immortal Technique has never been one to bite his tongue (probably because it hurts like Lil Scrappy says). The independent, politically conscious emcee opened up to XXL about everything from politics to signing with 50 and G Unit in the first of a two part interview. Check out some high lights.

On signing with G Unit:

As a Latino with an overwhelmingly strong fan base of Latino people and someone who has plenty of White fans as well as Muslims and Blacks, I have a diversity wherever I move. I tour the world. But in terms of a deal, I would need something similar to what Roc-A-Fella got from Def Jam; they give 25% and have a large distribution outlet with support from a major. But I need to hold on to those masters since I mix it down and have it mastered myself out my own pocket. I have no A&R. I do it all myself. It’s no one’s vision but mine. I always put up the dough for production and pressing my own records. I don’t think that fits with just about anyone’s formula. People aren’t getting signed nowadays by someone who doesn’t wanna own them 100%, and labels don’t really break artists anymore. They want someone self-made but don’t pay them like they’re self-made.

On politics and the industry:

If you don’t like politics, stay the fuck outta the music business. Politics is the most gangsta shit in the world. Third World countries are rich in resources—Africa, South and Central America, all of Asia. The reason they’re sources for cheap labor, the reason they’re so poor and wretched and starving is that all their resources are owned by countries like America and Europe, countries that used to own them as colonies and keep the people as slaves. That’s politics, nigga. That’s more gangsta than you, your block, your set or anyone you know will ever be. I just tell it like it is, like it was and how it could be, [instead of] like it’s not, like wasn’t and how it should be.

www.hiphopdx.com

WTF? Didn't expect that.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Immortal Technique Signs With G-Unit Records

Just incase people are confused... He isn't signed with G-Unit.

Immortal Tech's garbage. Let him sign to G-Unit with the rest of the wack rappers.

Casey

Staff member

He wouldn't sign with G-Unit. They're controlled by the corporate suits and IT is against that.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva

PELLA said:
Immortal Tech's garbage. Let him sign to G-Unit with the rest of the wack rappers.
yeah he's so garbage that he's one of the best rappers in the game right now. sheesh, i bet you like cam'ron or some poo like that.

even if they don't agree with his politics, any REAL hip hop fan respects tech. period.

Bobby Sands

yeah he's so garbage that he's one of the best rappers in the game right now. sheesh, i bet you like cam'ron or some poo like that.

even if they don't agree with his politics, any REAL hip hop fan respects tech. period.
Word.Immortal Technique is better than most of the garbage around nowadays.

PELLA said:
its called "having an opinion". I thought this is what this board is all about. I give/gave a lot of rappers a chance...even 50.
You must have not seen my post.

There's no way to form an opinion on an artist you've never even listened to. I'm not saying you've never listened to Immortal Technique but I'm sure of all the artists you've said are "wack" you just assumed some of them were for whatever reason without actually listening to their music.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
PELLA said:
its called "having an opinion". I thought this is what this board is all about. I give/gave a lot of rappers a chance...even 50.
You don't get it though.

"I don't like IT" = opinion
"IT sucks because I dont like him" = what U said = hate

Theres a thing called respect in every artform. Like I said, just because YOU don't like somebody, doesnt mean they suck.

Fuck I don't really like 2 listen 2 Pac or really anybody else that I used 2 bump on a day-to-day basis anymore - that doesn't mean they suck, I just don't like to listen to em anymore.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.