Immortal Technique Dance With The Devil

Jurhum

Chronic said:
I don't really like this song. His flow is pretty shit and his delivery sucks.
People call the track deep but it's just a generic ass story. Someone who wants money, power and respect and ends up doing bad shit. IT doesn't explore the character's mind, the whole track is pretty superficial.
If he didn't rape his mom at the ending people wouldn't go so crazy over the song. Just the shock effect.
The song wasn't deep, but rather was creative. It had a story and was very interesting. I didn't hear it. I only read the lyrics. I found the lyrics to be very interesting and the ending ironic.

And of course, the ending was the best. It's the reason the song is so good. That's what makes the song special in regards to others. So, basically what you've just said is useless. If we looked at every song and started sayin if this song didn't have this or that it wouldn't have been liked. I guess we wouldn't have good songs.

Chronic

Jurhum said:
And of course, the ending was the best. It's the reason the song is so good. That's what makes the song special in regards to others. So, basically what you've just said is useless. If we looked at every song and started sayin if this song didn't have this or that it wouldn't have been liked. I guess we wouldn't have good songs.
What's so good about the ending? Anyone who knows Oedipus could pen that ending.

Chronic

"Do you think a lot of people know Oedipus?"

Does that matter?

"I told you, the twist, the irony made it what it is."

*sighs* What's so good about the twist, the irony.

Jurhum

This is going no where. The ending was unexpected. It's a surprise ending. Can I put it in more clearer words?

Yes, people need to know Oedipus to pen the ending. It should matter. But then, not everyone knows what the hell is Oedipus.

Jurhum said:
This is going no where. The ending was unexpected. It's a surprise ending. Can I put it in more clearer words?
how was the ending surprising...Cuz i was there too How the fuck did you think he could tell the fucking story? :D jokes man jokes

well the song was tight cuz, the way technique spits, he does exactly what every author wants to do with a story... kicks it off so after lissening to the first verse there is no way u can skip the rest... secondly, once the person gets into the lyrical content the first time, he/she visualizes every word... then at the end comes a climax, and the song ends with a relitively surprising ending... therefore i think tech was good on the song cuz of the story telling skills he excercises, but the song coulda used better delivery and a deeper look into the main character... still i think the track is dope.

but cuz of this song ppl overlook his story telling skills on "You never know" which was a much better song, and was actually deep, and had meaning to it.

Chronic

Jurhum said:

Yes, people need to know Oedipus to pen the ending. It should matter. But then, not everyone knows what the hell is Oedipus.
Of course this is not going anywhere. I say the song isn't deep in responce to people calling it deep. Then you come at me saying it's not deep but rather creative. Don't start arguments that lead nowhere and then complain.
So it's a good song because the ending was unexpected. Okay then.

i agree with the thread starter, this song is awesome, the beat fits the mood nicely, while the ending is just the icing on the cake, perhaps it is about one verse too long, but who's complaining...

Here's a link to the song if people want it :

Immortal Technique - Dance With The Devil - http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KVTMQHCXI3Q91BKC5QBCN18AQ

In my opinion Immortal Techniques other song "You Never Know" is better and so sad and deep, here is a link to that one :

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1B243GXCQ7OYO12LB04LKAFH7K :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.