Illmatic vs. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

• Illmatic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PuffnScruff

illmatic

for me it has better production, better rhymes, better all around songs, more of a time less classic, i can listen to it all the way through with out skipping a song where as ob4cl i skip a few songs.

ob4cl just was not automatically ill

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
i couldnt get into illmatic like everybody elose....cuban linx was a masterpiece...still listenable to this day, where illmatic sounds really outdated production wise

PuffnScruff

Sarr said:
i couldnt get into illmatic like everybody elose....cuban linx was a masterpiece...still listenable to this day, where illmatic sounds really outdated production wise
LOL@outdated production

what are you comparing it too? todays production

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
nah but look man...i can listen to "all eyez on me" "makaveli" "36chambers" "cuban linx" "it was written" "reasonable doubt" "inamous" "hell on earth" etc etc...and they sound really good...but with illmatic i duno...

ob4cl imo can listen right through although the same can be said 4 illmatic. Good thread this one of the best polls for a while I will be back to ellaborate on my choice later . good comparison imo

ob4cl imo can listen right through although the same can be said 4 illmatic. Good thread this one of the best polls for a while I will be back to ellaborate on my choice later . good comparison imo

ARon

Production on Illmatic was and still is some of the best production of that time. Those beats are still tight. I think cus there were "bangers" or its not that "fire" people tend to not realize how good production on that album is.

Aristotle said:
Production on Illmatic was and still is some of the best production of that time. Those beats are still tight. I think cus there were "bangers" or its not that "fire" people tend to not realize how good production on that album is.
T.M.O.S said:
I would go for illmatic, can listen to every song without skipping as well

:thumb:

PuffnScruff

Aristotle said:
thats what i think too. i think the production was probably ahead of its time for that era. when people try to compare it to albums that came out years after illmatic dropped, its well, just laughable. they dont understand how much equipment, samplers, and drum machines changed in just a few years. the production on illmatic layed the foundation for the later albums even up to this day.

linx

Staff member
People are saying all this shit about the production on Illmatic.. which is all good, but have you heard the production on Only Built 4 Cuban Linx too? It's Rza's production at its finest. If there's ever an album that can compete with Illmatic, it IS Ob4cl. It's one of the best, if not the best east coast album(s) to come out in the last 10-11 years.

PuffnScruff

yes i have heard the production on ob4cl, i would hope so anyways i do own the album. its not that there isnt good production on ob4cl, but imo it doesnt compare, i think rza has done better, specially in recent years, rza has even said himself he didnt learn how to really craft a song till a few years ago just before he scored kill bill

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.