If Lloyd Banks wasnt part of G-Unit He would be seen as an average mixtape artist !

In my opinion LLoyd Banks is wack, hes a generic NY artist, his shoes, his jewels, his cars, his bitches, his wack metaphors, the guys garbage, hes worse than fabolous who is prolly even more generic.

If lloyd banks was not on g unit he'd have different topics...

Lloyd banks would be something like fabolous is now...with the only difference fabolous is famous and has a deal..banks would do remixes...

He has been incredibly sick on mixtapes, especially around the time of Get Rick or Die Trying. His commercial shit is mostly garbage. He tries to be 50 too much and he has nothing to say.

I think as far as mixtapes go, he's one of the better artists. Commercially, he needs to go on his own, mature a little then drop some more meaningful shit. He never had the chance to make that "I'm still trying to make it" type album. He was already rich off G-Unit when his LP dropped so his singles were mad gay. His best shit is the grimy, grimy shit.. check out "Dear Father", "G's Up", "Fall Back" w/Fab & Busta, and "Gangstas" w/Ludacris..

7 Syns

I don't know what dude's be judging lyrical levels on, but to say Banks is wack is like saying Masta Ace is average. lol.

If Lloyd Banks (who is supposedly just another mixtape emceem yet can show his diversity on tracks like Warrior, Warrior II, Till The End, Southside Story, My Buddy etc.. which dude's must forget when they post???) anyways if Lloyd Banks wasn't on G-Unit he'd be twiced as loved. Mark my word, the only reason that he even gets hates in because his on G-Unit yet at the same time thats the reason he sells well.

It's a gift and a curse.

Also I don't know why people keep saying he'd be like Fabolous when his ever done 2 solo cuts for the ladies in some 4 years rhyming. 'Smile' and 'Karma'. His alot more street orientated as far as subject matter comes then what Fabo is. People compare the 2 because they're both monotone and have good punchlines.. well Rakim and Eminem both have good flows and rhymes, should they be compared aswell? If I were to the hate that would come.. oh the hate :cool:

peace.

7 Syns

His a nice emcee, I mean if peeps can make a thread about half these unknown emcee's im sure peeps would eventually find out about Banks considering we are living in a communcation age where info on someone can be processed via the net etc.. Eventually he wouldve caught on.

peace.

I don't like G-Unit but I like Lloyd Banks. He's a great punchliner. The only thing I don't like about him is the fact that sometimes his voice can be boring.

ive read almost every post but i dont see y all the hatin is on banks, put him away from 50 n look at him as a seperate artist, his lyrics are very good and his complication of rhyme schemes is incredible, he is albe 2 break 3-4 syllable words down into 1 or 2 syllable words n get em 2 rhyme, there are not many rappers out there today that are able 2 do that, i understand that people look at him as a main stream rapper and one who is out 2 make music 4 TRL n shit like that but he is deeper than that, it seems 2 me that we didnt express HIMSELF out on his first album, it was alot of shading of his character, thats what holds most rappers back these dayz, they dont express how they feel on there tracks, how they are jus regular people like all of us, the fame is jus a perk, thats what creates great rappers from average or mediocure, im not saying that banks is a great rapper but lyrically i feel that is one of the few on top of the game, this comment for me could keep goin on n i feel that i might have repeated some points over or maybe even contridicted myself but in a short break, banks is lyrically better than 3/4's of the game and if he is able 2 break thru that shield he has put up on himself n get past that, he could become a great artist, altho in my opinion i feel he should drop 50 n get off on his own, even if he's gotta leave G-Unit n lose some fan base, he has more talent than every artist on the gunit staff

saltynuts said:
If Lloyd Banks wasn't on G-Unit, nobody would care about him and we wouldn't be talking about him.
r u sassin me boy :p
farreal seems u were bein a bit sarcastic .... but if u werent then nice to see u understand wat i mean.

he would've be making less money ofcourse, but in my opinion he is a sick lyricist,he most definitly has amazing punchlines. i actually think that if he wasn't part of g-unit people would be hating more on fabolous..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.