I just heard one of the greatest freestyles ever by Eminem

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
HellRazor05 said:
I know, but he was gettin on SiGh's case for makin a little mistake...I just wanted to point out to him that everyone makes mistakes.
Mine was a typo or just one of those times where you don't think what you're writing. On his side, it's not a mistake, because he still believed it after he wrote it. If I read my post, I would have said, "Oops, I meant Encore." So, no.

2Pax

Trickster said:
Isn't this the Westwood Freestyle, they did it on his radio show in Britain, the part where Em stops, Proof comes in and saves him with a quick rhyme, then Eminem gathers himself and then rips the track. Rest of D12 were pretty good too, it was funny hearing the rest of D12 and Westwood laughing when Em said "..............before Tupac went to Cuba on us"
Yep, this freestyle was live on Westwood.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
S O F I S T I K said:
Mine was a typo or just one of those times where you don't think what you're writing. On his side, it's not a mistake, because he still believed it after he wrote it. If I read my post, I would have said, "Oops, I meant Encore." So, no.

either way, he coulda gotten the instumental from the label or the street mixtapes, he doesnt need the album to come out first to cop the instu, and since hes in the music business there is a chance he heard that shit b4 any1(customers) did and made the "freestyle".

FlipMo said:
It's pretty old.

One of Em's best freestyles is the one that got him signed. He did it at a radio. It's the one that actually pushed Dre to sign him.

He freestyles over 3-4 consecutive beats including 'Nothing but a G Thang'

He says something about not being able to afford whores so he punches them in the face with a roll of quarters. lol. That's just like one line though.
anybody got this freestyle? I'd love to hear it

Nick

From when I first heard this freestyle live on Tim Westwood's show I thought it was pretty shitty - mostly pre-writtens, Proof's rhymes are ok, not amazing, Em starts off spittin' a pre-written verse and flops half way and has to start over, the verse is ok but his flow is really annoying.

If you want some dope freestyles check out Jin.

I believe those 3 Freestyles to be written, they have been used so many times when Em is 'freestyling', both before and after the Wake Up Show. And I think the version of it posted here was recorded for the Slim Shady LPs promotional tape, thus why they are all Dre beats. There's also another version which has a fourth verse.

There are two freestyles where Em has words thrown at him, and personally I think that although they both have funny moments in them, they are very average. Here's one of them:

hxxp://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3E9FD4XDQFR2B1DOUTYFMNXH8A
EDIT: Here's the other...
hxxp://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0EBBH7P55EXLD3CED17JXB5TIS

One of his better freestyles, where it's evident he is actually freestyling, is the seven minute one recorded with proof. The rest of them that aren't written are generally rubbish. Anyone who thinks tracks like 'Conspiracy Freestyle' are not pre-written need their head checked.

Sorry guys, just double checked in that Angry Blonde book:

"I kicked this during my first big radio appearance. It was on the Sway and Tech Show in LA. It was the day after the Rap Olympics. That was actually one of the first few rhymes that I wrote as Slim Shady. Yeah, it's one to get you mad. This is another one of those verses that I write to throw out there if somebody says 'Yo, let me hear you spit.' If somebody really wants to hear you rap, they don't want to hear your freestyle like 'Yo my house, I got a mouse with a blouse.' Nobody cares about that shit. If you really want to show someone what you're about, you have a written rhyme ready, a rhyme that you fuckin' wrote and took your time with and thought out, and spit that for them. People used to ask me who Greg was. Honestly, I don't know." Page 118.

Nick said:
If you want some dope freestyles check out Jin.
Damn fucking right, no mouse with a blouse shit from that guy. Exhibit A:

hxxp://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=03V0AQM6A7DJT3ED1D39AUZG6Z

Wordsworth is also a grade A freestyler in my opinion.

I'LL PUKE EAT IT AND FREAK YOU
BATTLE? I'M TOO WEEDED TO SPEAK TO
THE ONLY KEY THAT I SEE TO DEFEAT YOU
WOULD BE FOR ME TO REMOVE THESE 2 ADIDAS AND BEAT YOU
FORCE FEED YOU 'EM BOTH, AND ON EACH FEET IS A CLEAT SHOE

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online