I have an opinion I need to voice

So I was gonna go check Common's show tonight, lookin forward to was really vibin off a couple of his songs off his new cd.

Hadn't got my tickets yet, so I called to find out, and it's $58.75 tax included.

Thats for Common SOLO NO OTHER ACTS, and in a pretty cramped up venue that hold about 2000.

I'm totally in shock, I mean I saw Masta Ace about two months ago and he was EIGHT BUCKS NOT FIFTY EIGHT. Besides Public Enemy , Masta Ace delivered one of the best hip hop shows I've ever seen, the essence of hip hop. He rocked the stage for like what seemed for ever, now Common who's gonna do what, an hour, hour and a half wants 60 bucks. To me that's just as bad as the labels pimpin the artists, how is some lil bboy at 14 supposed to go see Common.

I remember when I was like 17 I payed 35 bucks for Smokin Grooves tour which had PE, Cypress Hill, Busta, Wycleff, MOP, Gangstarr & Black Eyed Peas before they were famous. It was outdoors one of the best times I've ever had.

I dunno if it's just me, but I think it's totally wack, that's really some PIMP shit. My friends said the same shit, he's gonna make around 60 g's tonight, you go boy, get your paper, but damn do you gotta pimp people at the same time?

If Common was on the bill with dead prez & Kweli, or even just one of them , alright I understand..... maybe it's just me but I think it's wack...

Conclusion, I'm not going.

What's yall opinion on 60 bucks to go see Common?

LOL @ the xxl comment

yea fuck him, for 60 bucks i get a 3 day weekend pass to the reggae festival in a couple of weeks, way better then 1 hour and a half of common

CalcuoCuchicheo

Little Miss Vixen
I agree that you should keep your money.

I remember someone (probably yourself) talking about the Masta Ace show before you went & how cheap it was & I was gobsmacked - it's because of shows like Common's that my reaction was such.

ARon

If i had the money i would go.
Well i heard some shit about NaS and Common are going to tourr together so i'd wait til then, i'd drop 150 to see that.
But if it is a real small personal venue than that price is more than understandable.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's his fault neccesarily. He doesn't have much of a say about the ticket prices, I believe. I can't believe somebody said, "Fuck him". That is pathetic.

Lok

who's fault do you think is it? It's either

1. Common charges like 70 Gs a show (which sounds preposterous) and consequently the Bar has to charge a lot of money to get those 70 Gs back & make some profit as well.

or

2. The owners of the venue are some dirty muthafuckers.

roaches

Lmao. And this same motherfucker had the nerve to complain about only white people being at his shows. He's all gassed up because "The Corner" is his biggest shit since '"The Light".

When Electric Circus came out tickets in D.C. for his tour were $35. Gang Starr opened. Well, I guess since his sugar mama Erykah Badu left him to bump uglies with the D.O.C. and Coke dropped his ass as a spokesperson like he was hot, he's gotta charge a little more to afford to buy those kufis and those extra-smedium pastel shirts he likes to wear. Those Kanye beats couldn't have been cheap, either.

He does have a pretty great show. I'd rather see him than the Anger Management tour (which I hear isn't too cheap).

gee thats pretty cheap -last concert i went to was Beastie Boys...and that was $90

before that i saw Cypress Hill with Hilltop Hoods... and they were $70

:/

AnarchistFunk said:
So I was gonna go check Common's show tonight, lookin forward to was really vibin off a couple of his songs off his new cd.

Hadn't got my tickets yet, so I called to find out, and it's $58.75 tax included.

Thats for Common SOLO NO OTHER ACTS, and in a pretty cramped up venue that hold about 2000.

I'm totally in shock, I mean I saw Masta Ace about two months ago and he was EIGHT BUCKS NOT FIFTY EIGHT. Besides Public Enemy , Masta Ace delivered one of the best hip hop shows I've ever seen, the essence of hip hop. He rocked the stage for like what seemed for ever, now Common who's gonna do what, an hour, hour and a half wants 60 bucks. To me that's just as bad as the labels pimpin the artists, how is some lil bboy at 14 supposed to go see Common.

I remember when I was like 17 I payed 35 bucks for Smokin Grooves tour which had PE, Cypress Hill, Busta, Wycleff, MOP, Gangstarr & Black Eyed Peas before they were famous. It was outdoors one of the best times I've ever had.

I dunno if it's just me, but I think it's totally wack, that's really some PIMP shit. My friends said the same shit, he's gonna make around 60 g's tonight, you go boy, get your paper, but damn do you gotta pimp people at the same time?

If Common was on the bill with dead prez & Kweli, or even just one of them , alright I understand..... maybe it's just me but I think it's wack...

Conclusion, I'm not going.

What's yall opinion on 60 bucks to go see Common?
The price of concert tickets in general have gone up. I already have my tickets to see Eminem and company in August on the Anger Management 3 tour at Comerica Park here in Detroit. The capacity there is 40,000 and there is one set ticket price of $69.75.

Now, I know a lot of people both personally and on this forum that would not pay $70 to see Eminem. I'm going with a friend of mine and both of us like Eminem a lot. For me, he's my second favorite emcee behind 2pac, my third favorite rapper would be Dr. Dre/old school Snoop Dogg (they're tied).

The venue the Common concert is at is probably the reason it's $58, figures with only 2000 people he needs to make up some extra cash. However, I cannot say whether or not I'd pay that much to see Common because I'm not familiar with his music. Never been exposed to it, however, I'd like to be. If I liked him a lot, yeah, I'd probably pay it. There is a line thought I wouldn't cross. Like, for example, if I'm going to a concert, no matter who I'm going to see I would not pay more than $100 per ticket unless I'm guaranteed a seat somewhere in the first 20 rows. For front row, I'd pay anything up to $500.

ive paid alot for tickets but thats when its a big show, i paid like 85 for the 14th row from stage seeing eminem, nas, method man & redman and that was worth it but 2 see one person thats insane, i paid that to see Summer Jam X wit all those people, even 2 see Jay-Z's last concert at the garden, originally when the black album jus dropped, it was like 45 and we were really close, thats fucked up

Damn. I remember seeing Common Sense many years ago in the Chi for $7.00 and it was just an outstanding show. Nothing wrong with not wanting to pay $60.00 for a concert. If I knew for sure that it would be one of the best shows I'd ever seen, I'd pay it. However, it seems to me that many artists loose that hunger to put on an A+ quality show every night as they make some loot and become more mainstream. It would be nice to hear him perform the cuts from BE live though. I guess he could do the whole album from start to finish in about 42 minutes.

I paid like $60 for two tickets to a eminem, b4 he blew up, lil troy, krayzie bone, lord tariq and peter guns, jon. b and some other local acts.
this was back in 99
But the last concert i went to was ludacris up in spokane at a club that held only about 1200, i only paid 20 bucks, but it was coo

Last show I went to was KRS and Kool G Rap at the metro in Chicago, Pacewon and Binkis Recs were on the 2nd tier...

All for a whopping 15 bucks.

I dont know what the hell kind of shows u guys are going to, seriously, but it wouldnt surprise me since Common shall be the next to sell out in the long list of underground rappers that have been flirting with the mainstream (he's got Kanye on almost the entire CD).

-Z-

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.