I am a Hip Hop fan, but I am not a criminal!

TOP DOGG said:
because a lot of rap contains bad language it is looked down upon.
But people don't understand that it is STREET POETRY and that rap started in streets and if its street music it has bad language and that is okay that is what im explaining 2 people that dont like rap. And rap is not only music that has bad language. :thumb:

^^ which it shouldn't be. this stuff is more realistic/emotional than most of pop music etc.

and killah it's cos we are right!! lol

because a lot of rap contains bad language it is looked down upon.

That's just a one sided perspective. I bet 90% of people who say that, swear themselves; thinking they are being rational when it's just hypocritical.

It's not rap that bad, people just look for excuses to bring it down. It's not the rap that is bad or a problem, its those peoples minds that can't accept it.

I like this line off Rabbit Run:

"I’m make you hate me cause you ain’t me,
You aint, it ain’t to late to finally see,
What you close minded fucks were too blind to see"

Ppl who listen to rap are idiots with no education and no future. Ppl who listen to rap mostly end up with selling crack in schools, shooting each other or being a subway- prostitute to get a line. Parents are 100% guilty, they raised them bad. They even cant speak more then 10 words, these are the 10 words rap listeners can say : "motherfucker", "bitch", "you know what Im sayin" and "shake that ass". Rap should be prohibited and all rap listeners should go to jail. Guilty.

This is the first time i have ever heard about people lying about if they like hip hop or not. If anyone asked me what i listened to , i would have no problem saying i listen to hip hop. You cant spend your life caring about what people think of you.

been into hip hop/rap over 10 yrs now. i would admit i have come
across racist taunts about it with some folk. I would say most of is racist or singling out thinking im a bad influence or something.

Was in a situation last week when i went into the city for a job interview, which then i was with a group of ppl for some assesement process. Then we where to ask to pair up with the person next to you and get each other details and tell the folk about that person. Once it came to me saying i like hip hop and mixing or either making beats, i got the odd look, i didnt take any notice ot it. When the guy was speaking on my details he got a bit sarcastic when telling about the hip hop side of things just made it look bad and for myself also. Just shows some ppl do judge on others with a certain music they into.

artisticgurl said:
I dont really care if I got a Pac/Nas whoever's tape in the car and someone from work gets in I aint takin it out.

Im tha same way but wut i noticed if i have 2pac playing in my car and a girl comes in she eventually wants 2 change it.. Do most girls just not like 2pac that much ..? It seems if i have like remixes of him wit poppish beats such as rap phenomonon ect they like it .

but even 2pac said "My music is not for everyone. It's only for the stong-willed, the [street] soldiers music. It's not like party music- I mean, you could gig to it, but it's spiritual. My music is spiritual. It's like Negro spiituals, except for the fact that I'm not saying 'We shall Overcome.' I'm saying that we are overcome." ~2pac

The.Menace

Staff member
I listen to whatever I like and I won't feel bad about it.

I think it's more scaring that the ban baggy jeans and hoodies and that stuff.....

AmerikazMost

i don't have a problem with tellin anyone i like hip hop (hell, i put Tupac in my graduation speech), but i will turn the music down or off if it's vulgar or could offend someone

luckily, Paid in Full isn't :D i'll play it loud wherever :thumb:

Like someone earlier said, rappers that today represent the mainstream rap suck too much and the shit they bring ain't creative at all. 50 cent is one of them. Songs like Candy shop, just a little bit show now ounce of creativity. He is just showing his ladys. Which makes people that don't really like hip hop only see that. There is no concept that touches people mind. You could say that people are small minded but what exactly do you expect them to do? They can just surf around and try to download some underground rappers to find the "real" hip hop. So it's mostly the mainstreams fault that hip hop is blackmarked by most other listeners.

well really its the difference between playing something soft like Common's album to some hard shit like Onyx.....theres a big difference..

its the same difference as playing some soft rock and hard rock like metallica or something...

but aside from that...if an interviewer ever asked what music your into...its always best to rattle off a few names...instead of a genre -that way if he's into the same music, u have some common ground...and if not, he'll move onto the next question ;)

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.