How Will The Westcoast Be On Top Again?

THEV1LL4N

Who will lead the westcoast to be back on top, where they beling once again?

The game?
lil eazy?
dre?
snoop?
bishop lamont?
ice cube?
dogg pound?

or any1 else?

also how long do u lot think it will be?

Sandeep14 said:
Who will lead the westcoast to be back on top, where they beling once again?

The game?
lil eazy?
dre?
snoop?
bishop lamont?
ice cube?
dogg pound?

or any1 else?

also how long do u lot think it will be?

prob the game or dre but I cant see snoop coming with anything decent unlees he hooks up with dre and mabey does doggystyle 2. Ice cubes new album is not bad though but to say that it puts the west back on top would be pushing it a bit. Cant see lil eazy doing much cos he's wit G-unit and they are prodominatly east coast cats and I think the last two realeses from g-unit (gay -yo and mobb deep)kind of flopped compared to the sales of theb older albums on g-unit records. Dogg pound they are good but they need straight fire to come back on top and well bishop lamont we prob wont see his album to next year.

DPG iz all I C

E 40 sorta done it this year, everyone got caught up in the Hyphy movement.

Dogg Pound have been putting out very tight stuff recently and the new track with Diddy was surprisingly hot

i'd love to see a Dogg Pound album with input from the following artists: Soopafly, Dj Quik (Hi-C & AMG droppin verses), a verse or two from Cube, Xzibit, Crooked I, Nate doin a couple hooks & throw sum Messy Marv, San Quinn & EA Ski in there...& make sure the airwaves, mtv's & BET"s, iTunes all that shit feels it :)

heres a dope west coast track for ya'll

Soopafly - Bang West Coast make sure everyone gets this !
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=53791381674128A3

Things go in cycles, I'm starting to believe it the older I get. The tide will gradually shift back to the West (it almost already is), but the X-Factor IMO is how well Game's 2nd album is gonna sell. If it sells VERY well without ANY 50 support this time, labels could open up again for new West talent like they did from '94-'96 (the good old days).

Another thing, "Cali Iz Active" could've been a catchier song, that would've helped. It's not anthemic enough to justify how many West legends showed up for the video, it really is amazing to watch Cube, WC, Quik, Dilated, Fredwreck, Eiht, and the Pound all together, to name a few, but I don't think the song itself is getting much play outside of Cali stations (if that, I know KDAY plays it, though).

DPG iz all I C said:
E 40 sorta done it this year, everyone got caught up in the Hyphy movement.

Dogg Pound have been putting out very tight stuff recently and the new track with Diddy was surprisingly hot
not kurupt tho.. the tracks hes done for DPG have had lame verses from him but the new scrapin thru tha hood is dope

DPG iz all I C

DUB CEE said:
not kurupt tho.. the tracks hes done for DPG have had lame verses from him but the new scrapin thru tha hood is dope
Sorta agree, he seems to be going back to his "i dont need to rhyme words" days.

also he needs to say "bitch" a lil less.

It's jarring how different Kurupt's style is now compared to how great he was back in '94-'95. Go listen to "Dogg Pound 4 Life" from the Above the Rim soundtrack and then listen to anything he's put out the last 4+ years, the difference is huge. I don't know if he's just not a hungry MC anymore, if he's drugged out, or what, but him and his brother are very weak MC's all of a sudden, and this is coming from a fan of both of them.

KanDeeMan said:
Things go in cycles, I'm starting to believe it the older I get. The tide will gradually shift back to the West (it almost already is), but the X-Factor IMO is how well Game's 2nd album is gonna sell. If it sells VERY well without ANY 50 support this time, labels could open up again for new West talent like they did from '94-'96 (the good old days).

Another thing, "Cali Iz Active" could've been a catchier song, that would've helped. It's not anthemic enough to justify how many West legends showed up for the video, it really is amazing to watch Cube, WC, Quik, Dilated, Fredwreck, Eiht, and the Pound all together, to name a few, but I don't think the song itself is getting much play outside of Cali stations (if that, I know KDAY plays it, though).
Word up if game's album sells and hits the mainstream hard then the west is back in wit a shout! game appears to have that hunger that cats like Kurrupt, cube, snoop had back in 94-96 like wot was said in the earlier post. When you look at some of the west's artists for instansce cube, snoop, dpg, even xzibit these guys should be major playaz reppen the west and still be on top. just last night I was at ma homies crib watchin some music channel and bad boy 4 life came on I know its old but seeing these cats (snoop, cube xzibit) in puffys video just pissed me right off its like they are on puffs dick!. Then right after that you get 50, g-unit, LL I mean wtf happened to the west its as if the west died along with pac. Even dre prob the biggest westcoast artist just now how many west coast rappers does he have on his label. This was supposed to be the year that the west was back and halfway through and we are no further forward than the end of last year. I'm not hating on eastcoast rap but the west needs to roll the sleaves up and start hittin' switches again!

ganderson said:
prob the game or dre but I cant see snoop coming with anything decent unlees he hooks up with dre and mabey does doggystyle 2. Ice cubes new album is not bad though but to say that it puts the west back on top would be pushing it a bit. Cant see lil eazy doing much cos he's wit G-unit and they are prodominatly east coast cats and I think the last two realeses from g-unit (gay -yo and mobb deep)kind of flopped compared to the sales of theb older albums on g-unit records. Dogg pound they are good but they need straight fire to come back on top and well bishop lamont we prob wont see his album to next year.
snoop is hookin up with dre on his new album coming out towards the years end. dunno if its gonna be another classic like doggystyle, but ive got the feeling it just might be.

Bishops shit is gonna be heat. And Strong Arm Steady needs to hurry up and release a burner.

But as most have stated, Game's cd will probably dictate what happens in the West.

sick of the old dogs trying to bring the west back...they had their time in the lime light.

It's time for them to help push new artists, instead of themselves.

Crooked I should be backed by the whole west, personally I think if he ever releases an album and gets the proper push he could go far.

Bucktown is fire!

40 and Cube are relying too much on Lil' Jon for help, too, and it kinda bugs me. The best beats on both of their records weren't even Lil' Jon beats, I think the West needs to become completely self-sufficient again. I love Game, but he could try to push the region even more than he is, not by reppin' West every chance he gets, but by being more exclusive to West producers and cameos.

But on Aftermath, that's pretty much impossible.

If Crooked I, Ras Kass, Sly Boogy, 40 Glocc, Bishop Lamont, Boo Kapone, Balance & several others put decent albums in the same year and get good airplay and promotion that'll be a good start.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.