Hottest Sampled Beat of 2005

Eric

Three 6 Mafia ft Young Buck, 8 Ball & MJG- Stay Fly

and

Three 6 Mafia ft. Project Pat, Slim Thug, Trick Daddy - Stay Fly (Remix)

Do not contest this.

roaches

It was redundant, that's all I'm saying.

It's definitely one of my favorite singles of the year, though. I'm not really a fan of the changes they made to the remix, but it's worth it just to hear Project Pat home.

roaches

Buck was aiight - he sounds like he came great because he was followed up by Crunchy Black - but he sounds way too excited about smoking weed. MJG had the best verse, but DJ Paul's verse is my personal highlight.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Every beat is sampled. There's exceptions, like that one dude. Counterbass D or something, his beats are from live instruments, I believe. Can I get a confirmation on this, roaches?
Change thread name to "Hottest Sample". :)

ARon

S O F I S T I K said:
Every beat is sampled. There's exceptions, like that one dude. Counterbass D or something, his beats are from live instruments, I believe. Can I get a confirmation on this, roaches?
Change thread name to "Hottest Sample". :)
Not every beat is sampled. Dre composes his own shit, not all of his beats but a lot of them use no samples.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Aristotle said:
Not every beat is sampled. Dre composes his own shit, not all of his beats but a lot of them use no samples.
So, Dre actually plays all of the instruments in his beats? He makes every kick, every snare, etc? I don't know all the terms to components in beats, otherwise I would continue. Unless he takes an actually drum stick and makes the sound on a drumset, he did not compose the drum kick, he sampled it.

roaches

Lmao at people who believe that.

Hip-hop = sample-based.

Live instrumentation in hip-hop = a way to not get sued, or sued for less money than normal via interpolation vs. straight sampling.

You can talk about live instrumentation all over The Chronic and 2001, but you can still hear "Funky Drummer' and "Impeach the President" and "When the Levee Breaks" and 540353454354 different P-Funk songs. Dre got sued over a sample in "Let's Get High" off of 2001 and both "The Next Episode", "Bar One", and "Still DRE" have samples that are fairly obvious to any crate-digger.

The same thing applies to Count Bass-D, except he probably has a little bit more liberty because he doesn't have to worry about getting sued.

Of course they're going to claim they don't sample or keep that shit quiet. You see how that lawsuit wrecked Truth Hurts's album? Or how lawsuits fucked Biz Markie, De La Soul, and Public Enemy? Peep DJ Premier's rant at the end of Gang Starr's "Royalty". Crate-diggers are closemouthed motherfuckers for a reason. The rest of the world still doesn't understand hip-hop, of course they have to lie, because walls have ears and will fuck up your money.

- Dr. Dre samples
- Mannie Fresh samples
- Pimp C samples
- Organized Noize samples
- Outkast samples
- P Diddy samples
- ?uestlove from the Roots samples
- The Neptunes sample
- Timbaland samples

That's the definition of hip-hop. Sampling does not make you special in hip-hop. Rapping was invented after looping breaks. It's 2005, no one should have to continue to derail threads like this.

---

Anyone know what the vocal sample in the 3-6 joint is saying?

ARon

I was reading in the never ending Detox stories that Dre wants to make it so that He samples very little if at all none on Detox.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.