Hood Surgeon, no other than Dr.Dre's son!

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Da_Funk said:
I'm not saying you need to be a banger or shit like that to be a rapper, but hip hop was born in the hood and its based on events that happen in the hood, so if your from the suburbs the fuck are you gonna rap about? How hard it is having your parents buy you everything? You need to have talent but you also need something to talk about.
Everybody has a story. Now, I don't know what he's going to choose to rap about, but to say that there is nothing to rap about if you're from the suburbs, is extremely ignorant. One day you will realize that life's problems reach out past financial status and poverty.

Jibster

S O F I said:
Everybody has a story. Now, I don't know what he's going to choose to rap about, but to say that there is nothing to rap about if you're from the suburbs, is extremely ignorant. One day you will realize that life's problems reach out past financial status and poverty.
Truth.

It's this absurd belief that everyone must rap about guns, drug deals and being from the hood to "be real" or "respected" in the game. It's the reason rap is a generation thing and barely anyone over 25 likes it or they grow out of it. Then everyone bitches cos it's so one dimensional!? WTF!?

The sooner rap fans accept that there are different topics to rap about, the better.

MC Pappa said:
everyone thinkin the negative...so u can only be a rapper if u're from the gutter? c'mon y'all, listen to the snippets and recognize true talent! the dude's got some good gene's!! and in no homo way...

Dr.Dre was no gangsta, and look at where he at now!
but look at how he rose to fame, rap bunny world class wrecking cru member, then NWA, using eazy rep, then deathrow records with suge AND snoop's street rep, and finally SUCCESSFUL ENOUGH AS THE BEST DOPE PRODUCER EVER, to have ANY CRED he wanted

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.