Hip-Hop for Grown People?

Chronic

Bill G said:
You're not an adult yet, it's hard to understand how certain rappers seem to lose meaning as time goes by. You'd think Immortal Technique would appeal to adults because of his subjects but most of the time he doesn't.
It has nothing to do with being an adult.
If you lose interest in an artist because you got older you probably never appreciated the artist for the right reasons. Something about the artist appealed to you and you grew out of that particular (childlike) interest. But enjoying quality music doesn't change because of age.

Chronic said:
If you lose interest in an artist because you got older you probably never appreciated the artist for the right reasons. Something about the artist appealed to you and you grew out of that particular (childlike) interest. But enjoying quality music doesn't change because of age.
:thumb:

Chronic said:
Quality of music doesn't change but a person's taste and his priorities do. I can't put it anymore simpler than that.

If you lose interest in an artist because you got older you probably never appreciated the artist for the right reasons.
I enjoyed Postman Pat as a child but nowdays I find myself watching different programs. That does not mean I did not appreciate the stories written for Postman Pat, it means more than that.

You seem to have taken my reply to Mark Deez personally... I can only apologise for your hastiness.

roaches

This thread is really confusing to me.

First thought: Isn't it adults who go to clubs where Ying-Yang Twins, T.I., 50 Cent, 3-6, and the rest of that ignorant/ohhiphopisdyingpleasesaveit are endlessly played?

Second thought: Isn't it obvious that A Tribe Called Quest (whose last good album was 12 years ago) would appeal to an older crowd (BECAUSE THEY'RE THE ONLY ONES WHO REMEMBER THEM)?

Third thought: Common, Nas, Jay-Z, Outkast - is it really surprising that these guys, who have been releasing albums for a decade (or, in Jay-Z's case, nine years, but an album every year has to have the same weight as one every other year for a decade), and are now universally popular, have an adult fanbase?

Hopefully any one of the things I've said is useful to this thread, because I'm not sure what it's about.

I like pralines now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.