hip hop bad boys

Just watched a show on mtv base called top ten hip hop bad boys. I missed the first 5. But heres 5 down to 1.

5. Snoop
4. B.I.G
3. 2pac
2. Game
1. 50 cent

gave me a good laugh anyways

Rosco said:
Yeah coz being voted the #1 Hip Hop bad boy is what it's all about. There was me thinking the music was a bit more important. :rolleyes:
The point is 2Pac lived up to the reputation at some points in his life... how about Game? lol I could name some gay shit he's done. 50 got shot, but has in no way stirred up as much controversy as many other rappers. This is a popularity poll.

Echso said:
The point is 2Pac lived up to the reputation at some points in his life... how about Game? lol I could name some gay shit he's done. 50 got shot, but has in no way stirred up as much controversy as many other rappers. This is a popularity poll.
No. My point is that these type of polls are what is wrong with Hip-Hop. I don't go into a record shop and look for the artist with the longest prison record, I buy whoever is making the best music.

So what if Pac lived up to the reputation? Why is this a positive thing? Surely the messages his music carried is of far more importance.

true, true, but it shows how mtv or whoever tries to promote a badboy image in mainstream rap, and the rappers are lovin it. then it puts them in way over their head, they start to believe the hype, like yeah im a tough guy, then they get in trouble, and the same channel talks about criminals in music like they scum. they have to realise there are gangsters involved in the music, but for the most part, they are not the 10x platinum artist, they are the quiet guys makin quiet money. then if a 'bad guy' happens to get killed or shot, every fukkin interview or program they dedicate to them, as if the channel had no part in creatin the image that killed rapper x.

roscoe u irish?

macdmrb said:
true, true, but it shows how mtv or whoever tries to promote a badboy image in mainstream rap, and the rappers are lovin it. then it puts them in way over their head, they start to believe the hype, like yeah im a tough guy, then they get in trouble, and the same channel talks about criminals in music like they scum. they have to realise there are gangsters involved in the music, but for the most part, they are not the 10x platinum artist, they are the quiet guys makin quiet money. then if a 'bad guy' happens to get killed or shot, every fukkin interview or program they dedicate to them, as if the channel had no part in creatin the image that killed rapper x.

roscoe u irish?
Half Irish/half Scottish, born in Cork now live in Edinburgh. Where are you?

Rosco said:
No. My point is that these type of polls are what is wrong with Hip-Hop. I don't go into a record shop and look for the artist with the longest prison record, I buy whoever is making the best music.

So what if Pac lived up to the reputation? Why is this a positive thing? Surely the messages his music carried is of far more importance.
I must have said it WAS a positive thing. Oops, no I didn't. Also, I in no way mentioned this countdown as being important. End.

Echso said:
I must have said it WAS a positive thing. Oops, no I didn't. Also, I in no way mentioned this countdown as being important. End.
I know I quoted you but my comments wern't really aimed at you.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online