hip hop anomilies, AKA what the **** were they thinking??

i was sorting out my music collection yesterday and came across some songs which just made us think What the hell? songs which are totallyt out of character for the artist etc.
Here are some of them:

Nas - Doctor knockboot, nas makes a genuinly funny hip hop song about sex but hasn't in the last 10 years where did that come from??

Nas - Big girl, Nas makes a godamn awful song a previous unknown thing

Fat Joe - still real, so deep and emotional didn't think he had it in him and hasn't in the last 4 years

Mobb Deep - quiet storm, the Mobb show why they were a great act before 2000 then go back to making trash?? + lil kim drop a good verse, this is rare

Nas - stay dreaming, nas sings a chorus, never again thank god

LL cool J, I shot ya, LL shows he could be awesome then makes ten years of pop albums

Tupac whats your phone #, that beat, those verses on such a good album, what happened here?

BIG - i love the dough, the greatest lyricist gets outshone by Jay Z

Jay z The blueprint 2, the most consistent in the game drops a average at best album

Jay z ft eminem - renagade as Nas said "eminem murdered you on your own shit"

Cameron from the children of the corn days, this kid can rhyme just chooses not to?

RZA appearing on a jedi mind tricks album, Whats this great doing on this part timers album?

dead prez - lets get free, 45 tracks on one CD you work it out

ja rule - blood in my eye, the 10 year old white girls favourite goes underground??

anyone got any others to contribute or want to discuss the above??

2Pax

Franchise2003 said:
Jay z ft eminem - renagade as Nas said "eminem murdered you on your own shit"
I don't see anything wrong with that track, Jay-Z was out-shined by a better lyricist.

2Pax said:
I don't see anything wrong with that track, Jay-Z was out-shined by a better lyricist.
yeh thats true and not really that uncommon on quest apperences, but what made it strange for me is.
1. Jay z is one of the greatest and great lyricist himslef IMO eminem is average so for that to happen was a long shot for me
2. Em didn't just drop better rhymes he killed him, you fade out jay's verses which are good cos Em's are well awesome

^^^^^defintly, thats a reason I never got the Eminem Outshineed him shit. They didnt even do the track together technacilly.

Soul On ice by ras kass- After lasing the underground with nothing but battle intellegent rhymes we got a fucking concept album plus a westcoast artist, with these grimy ass beats.

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
notorious b.i.g. > life after death > playa hater

yeah...this song was probably meant as a joke, but nonetheless, i couldn't fucking stand it.

eminem > unreleased > foolish pride

yeah. 'nuff said.

dead prez > revolutionary but gangsta > hell yeah (remix)

since when is doing a remix with jay-z "revolutionary"? you can't talk about the death of real hip hop and the corruption of cash and bling, and then get jay on a track with you.

2pac > loyal to the game > a crooked n---- too

i'm not talking about 2pac's part as a rapper. i'm talking about eminem's part as a producer. i mean, really, WHAT THE FUCK WAS HE THINKING?

eminem > encore > basically the entire album

i don't think this one even needs explanation. you can't follow up the eminem show with shit like that.

kanye west > college dropout > breathe in breathe out

shit. shit shit shit shit shit. i don't know what kanye was thinking, and i definately don't know what luda was thinking.

kanye west > late registration > drive slow

i dunno who told kanye he could produce a southern track, or try to rap on one. truth is, he can't. at all.

nas > i am... > hate me now

i dunno why the hell nas would want diddy on a track. i mean, the song was hot, but still. diddy and nas? for real?

outkast (well, andre 3000) > the love below > the entire album

i know, i know. it was a "conceptual" album. i still don't know what the fuck he was thinking, though.

rev run > distortion > the entire album

does run actually expect people to accept a 23-minute-long album that he had over four years to do? and then expect us to accept the fact that it's a "turning point in hip hop"?

-----------

that's about all i can think of right now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.