Highest Selling Hip-Hop Artist Of The 21st Century

Alomonger Pete said:
Eminem has unfortunately surpassed 2Pac's total US album sales. He is the best selling rapper of all time. However I think they should count remasters of 2Pac's work.
Where did you get that info from. I doubt that!

I thought 50 Cent sold 11 million copies of GRODT. He's always saying how he sold 11 million, so where are some of you guys getting your numbers from.

Eminem has NOT surpassed Pac. In terms of RIAA certified sales (I don't give a shit about what Billboard or the rappers themselves or their record companies say, I can only rely on RIAA), Pac has the following:

2Pacalypse Now - Gold
Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z... - Platinum
Thug Life: Volume I - Gold (this isn't always counted toward his total by some people because they're dumb)
Me Against the World - 2X Platinum
All Eyez on Me - 9X Platinum
The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory - 4X Platinum
R U Still Down? (Remember Me) - 4X Platinum
Greatest Hits - 9X Platinum
Still I Rise - Platinum
Until the End of Time - 3X Platinum
Better Dayz - 2X Platinum
Resurrection - Platinum (it should still count since it is basically a Pac album)
Loyal to the Game - Platinum

All of this shit totals 38 million albums sold (even though most people will say 36.5, since they tend to forget Thug Life and don't count Resurrection)

Eminem has the following:
The Slim Shady LP - 4X Platinum
The Marshall Mathers LP - 9X Platinum
D12 Devil's Night - Platinum
The Eminem Show - 8X Platinum
D12 World - 2X Platinum
Encore - 4X Platinum

This totals 28 million albums. Whoever said Eminem has surpassed Pac's sales obviously didn't pass second grade math.

But back to the topic, Eminem's 21st Century sales are 15 million (counting D12 album sales), 50 Cent's are 12 million counting G-Unit (the RIAA online database says 6X Platinum for Get Rich Or Die Tryin' and I'm not just going to believe 50 Cent when he says he sold 11 million... I'm sure that the online database is behind but I have to compare their sales from the same source since it's only fair), Nelly is 12 million counting St. Lunatics. But I believe that 50 Cent is probably the best selling rapper of the 21st century since I'm sure that Get Rich or Die Tryin' has sold more than 6 million.

fuck, its werid....their all so gay, 50, eminem, and nelly.....i dont know anyone who bought any of there albums...

i guess its all 14 year old girls buying the shit...

Big Flipp

kman_69 said:
fuck, its werid....their all so gay, 50, eminem, and nelly.....i dont know anyone who bought any of there albums...

good job trying to look cool. It is pretty much impossible to not know anyone who has any of their cd's unless you live in antarctica or some shit or only hang out in nursery homes.

_carmi

me, myself & us
kman_69 said:

i'm sure u actually own a copy of each of them but to look cool u say that.

TCD

MATW95 said:
50 sold something like 8 mil in the U.S., but he always throws in the extra 3 mil he got from other countries too.
He might've got too 11M worldwide but the Soundscan Numbers say on the latest date GRODT was just out the charts that he should just over 7M.

TCD said:
Are you being serious?

Since the year 2000. 1999 being the last year of the 20th century.

Nelly's Country Grammar was relesed in 2000 selling over 8M in the USA. More than 50 Cent's GRODT. And he's released 3 multi platinum albums since while Em has only released 2.
The year 2000 is the beginning of the 3rd millenium but the 21st century began in 2001.

Da_Funk

Big Flipp said:
good job trying to look cool. It is pretty much impossible to not know anyone who has any of their cd's unless you live in antarctica or some shit or only hang out in nursery homes.
I dont own any of their cd's and most of the people I know who own them are just some fags..

Big Flipp

Da_Funk said:
I dont own any of their cd's and most of the people I know who own them are just some fags..
really? they are fags because they own some of the most popular cd's of our time? The maturity level of this board never ceases to amaze me.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
Hallbanger said:
technically, the 21st century didnt begin until 2001, so you cant count either the slim shady lp or the marshall mathers lp in eminem's total 21st century sales........ keep that in mind
no doubt i hate that shit. every 100 yrs some assclown tries to compare album sales for the new & includes '00.

Da_Funk

Big Flipp said:
really? they are fags because they own some of the most popular cd's of our time? The maturity level of this board never ceases to amaze me.
No... they're fags because they're straight up fuckin idiot wiggers who think they're hard as shit.

Big Flipp

Da_Funk said:
No... they're fags because they're straight up fuckin idiot wiggers who think they're hard as shit.
really? 50, nelly wiggers? First off I they are black idiot, kind of hard to be a wigga when your not WHITE, let me inform you what the word means ,white boy,(that is where the W in the word comes from) who thinks he is a nigga (that is where the igga comes from) so white boy + thinks he is a nigga = wigga. any more hiphop lingo you need help with?
And second, I am sure you are like 99.9% of the people here who was all over 50's nuts before he blew up and his image was still that of a real underground thug/gangsta/hustla. The internet loved 50 as I'm sure you did too.

Da_Funk

Big Flipp said:
really? 50, nelly wiggers? First off I they are black idiot, kind of hard to be a wigga when your not WHITE, let me inform you what the word means ,white boy,(that is where the W in the word comes from) who thinks he is a nigga (that is where the igga comes from) so white boy + thinks he is a nigga = wigga. any more hiphop lingo you need help with?
And second, I am sure you are like 99.9% of the people here who was all over 50's nuts before he blew up and his image was still that of a real underground thug/gangsta/hustla. The internet loved 50 as I'm sure you did too.
Hi... I was talking about the people who own the albums, not Nelly and 50. And no I've never like 50

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.