Highest Selling Hip-Hop Artist Of The 21st Century

TCD

In the USA alone ( easier to find numbers that way) does anyone know who is the highest selling Hip-Hop artist of the 21st century?

I think it may be Nelly which would be very interesting.

2Pax

I'd actually be surprised if it was Nelly, I don't know the answer but my guess is either Eminem or 50 Cent.

TCD

KAMIKAZI said:
What the hell is the "21st Century"?
Are you being serious?

Since the year 2000. 1999 being the last year of the 20th century.

Nelly's Country Grammar was relesed in 2000 selling over 8M in the USA. More than 50 Cent's GRODT. And he's released 3 multi platinum albums since while Em has only released 2.

Big Flipp

It's got to be Eminem.
1999 - slim shady lp atleast 3 million
2000- the marshall mathers lp - fuck atleast 8-9 million plus
2002 - the eminem show - I'm not sure but I would guess atleast another 6 or 7 million
2004 - I know it has sold atleast 4 million.

I think it is safe to say Eminem has sold me album's than nelly.

Eminem for sure- Encore 5X Plat, Eminem Show 8X(nearing 9X) Plat, Marhsal Mathers 9X(Almost Diamond) and slimshady 4X. Thas easily 26 million Albums in tha US alone. Nelly's Country Grammer was 9Xplat, Nellyville 6X, Sweat 1X, Suit 3X totaling around 19 million albums in the US( 20 million if you Count tha Remix-DurrtyVersion which went 1X plat). 50 has sold alot of CD's but his sales are not that near Nelly and eminem. Get Rich or Die Tryin'-7X, The Massacre-Near 5X. So Eminem with around 26 million, and these sales are based on individual sales only, not soundtracks or group projects.

TCD

ummmmm, the Slim Shady LP doesn't count as it was released in 1999 I should've made that clear. And I ment purely on solo US album sales in the 21st Century.

Of all time I'm sure it is Eminem but i'm talking about this century, it is still probably Eminem though.

50 CENT MASSACRE 4,735,589
50 Cent/Guess Who's Back? 385,678 (it still counts)
50 Cent/Get Rich Or Die Tryin' 7,307,574
Total for 50 Cent: 12,428,811

Those are all Sounscan numbers. When GRODT was totally off the radar and the latest massacre numbers. I'm pretty sure he'll be third.

technically, the 21st century didnt begin until 2001, so you cant count either the slim shady lp or the marshall mathers lp in eminem's total 21st century sales........ keep that in mind

Big Flipp

Hallbanger said:
technically, the 21st century didnt begin until 2001, so you cant count either the slim shady lp or the marshall mathers lp in eminem's total 21st century sales........ keep that in mind
well then you cant count country grammer which came out in 2000

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.