Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shady-Aftermath

• CashMoney

• Bad Boy

• Total voters
i say longevity and integrity is the key word here people. anybody, any label can have a "good run". anybody can have controversey. and with populations these days anybody can go platnium.

being the best is proving that, over and over again. and deathrow, nor the other labels listed, have proved that. they had their 15 minutes and in the end eventually faded like the rest.

i know that if i was approached with a record deal i'd go with the label thats proved its foundation is stronger than the rest. that it business is solid. that it's people prosper. to make a long story short it's Def Jam folks. this list is nothing but a group of one hit wonders, failures, sell outs. but if thats your thing...

XIAN

The greatest HipHop label ever is Def Jam but for much of their run they have not been independent. Death Row is the greatest in the shortest time. In my opinion, they had the greatest artists who almost all became legends. 2pac, Dre, Snoop, Daz, Kurupt, Nate Dogg, Warren G, etc.

Bhuddahhoodlum said:
i say longevity and integrity is the key word here people. anybody, any label can have a "good run". anybody can have controversey. and with populations these days anybody can go platnium.

being the best is proving that, over and over again. and deathrow, nor the other labels listed, have proved that. they had their 15 minutes and in the end eventually faded like the rest.

i know that if i was approached with a record deal i'd go with the label thats proved its foundation is stronger than the rest. that it business is solid. that it's people prosper. to make a long story short it's Def Jam folks. this list is nothing but a group of one hit wonders, failures, sell outs. but if thats your thing...
Understood... but let's also consider that Death Row's end was the result of untimely events (Pac's death and Suge's incarceration) as opposed to simply falling off or getting overthrown. And even though the label is pretty stagnant, look at the people whose careers Death Row launched or helped progress... as mentioned in an earlier post, they all pretty much became West Coast legends in their own right, plus a decent portion of them are still doing things today... more so than the guys who helped build Def Jam are doing nowadays. But I agree with you, I would NEVER sign to Death Row, especially not now.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
Understood... but let's also consider that Death Row's end was the result of untimely events (Pac's death and Suge's incarceration) as opposed to simply falling off or getting overthrown. And even though the label is pretty stagnant, look at the people whose careers Death Row launched or helped progress... as mentioned in an earlier post, they all pretty much became West Coast legends in their own right, plus a decent portion of them are still doing things today... more so than the guys who helped build Def Jam are doing nowadays. But I agree with you, I would NEVER sign to Death Row, especially not now.
LL Cool J is everywhere though!! CDs, TV, movies lol
Run DMC had been quiet befoer JMJ's death though.
Public Enemy are still making music, as are the Beastie Boys. I'm not really sure what Slick Rick is up to.

All of the aforementioned artists are celeberated legends.

And the guys who helped build Def Jam did so 2 decades ago, not one decade ago & thus it's only logical that they'll have fizzled out a bit more.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
in terms of success & shit with this, i don't see howu could offer to say Def jam cuz they got like 5 or 6 fuckin independent big sub shit underneath em. its just like a brand. they expanded and expanded..in terms of puregreatness or how long they've last & shit maybe but i think regardless its unfair to compare like..Def Jam records...with a..Cash Money type. its different shit. all them big ass distuburters rly run it neways too...
but everythin should be deflated inflated etc if u wana have braggin rights. def jam vs a cash money. vs deathrow. vs new limit. Everybody knows the shit with def jam damn it aint gotta be said. theres like even, 2 or 3 runnerups up there In that poll; thatre sections of def.

EDouble said:
in terms of success & shit with this, i don't see howu could offer to say Def jam cuz they got like 5 or 6 fuckin independent big sub shit underneath em. its just like a brand. they expanded and expanded..in terms of puregreatness or how long they've last & shit maybe but i think regardless its unfair to compare like..Def Jam records...with a..Cash Money type. its different shit. all them big ass distuburters rly run it neways too...
but everythin should be deflated inflated etc if u wana have braggin rights. def jam vs a cash money. vs deathrow. vs new limit. Everybody knows the shit with def jam damn it aint gotta be said. theres like even, 2 or 3 runnerups up there In that poll; thatre sections of def.
Yeah, Roc-a-fella & Murder Inc/The Inc are/were part of Def Jam along with Disturbing Tha Peace as well as a bunch of other more minor labels & individual artists.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.