Good albums you're pretty sure no one but you listened to.

O yea also, an album by a guy called Smooth The Hustla's lp "Once Upon A Time In America".. Came out in '95.. Cant get grittier then that cat..

Lok

This is frustrating. What's up with the discrimination.

I complitely forgot about that Writer's Block (The Movie) album. I heard it in 2004, so I was sleeping on it for a couple of years. "Mrs. Manley" & "Mass Transit" were probably my favorite joints, but I suspect it's only because of the production.

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F57F471E117B1025

Lets do it right this time.....

The Juice To Make it Happen - More Trees than People

Features a host of joints that perversely treat "minimal" as a license to create grooves of impossible largesse. In the process, More Trees than people has become a byword for an arty-but-populist record with cult status-- from one genre enclave of respectable live instrumentation (Blackalicious take note) to another, laced with concious thought and complimented by sheets of noise and spiralling synth riffs. Innovative, creative and yet still atrociously unknown. Somewhere between ostentatious artistry and superlative functionalism.

albohemia said:
Slightly off topic considering it's well known in some circles but I'm currently pushing:

Enta Da Stage - Blackmoon

First copped back in 93'. A much slept on album chocked full with vivid hood imagery and lyrical savy. Anyone who thinks the dexterity associated with the street narratives displayed in Illmatic were unique should hear this joint in it's entirety and prepare to have they're opinion altered. Also features some of DJ Evil Dee's most highly regarded work.
im BCC fan so thats one of my fav albumz,enta da stage is cassic album !!! ;)
and i will put Lords Of The Underground-Here Come The Lordz ;)
anybody like that ? its classic too ;)

[QUOTE='[Thug-Life]
and i will put Lords Of The Underground-Here Come The Lordz ;)
anybody like that ? its classic too ;)[/QUOTE]

Yea the Lords were the shit.. I heard they came out with a album like 3-4 years ago but I didnt hear anything about it..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.