Good albums you're pretty sure no one but you listened to.

roaches

Lok is not allowed to reply to this post.

My pick:

Capital D and the Molemen - Writer's Block (The Movie)

This was my winter morning 2002 joint. Capital D isn't the best rapper, and the Molemen aren't the most original producers, but they did a damn good job of making a cohesive album. I'd have to say Common's Be should've aspired to something like this.

Casey

Staff member
prasad said:
Testament - Cormega
Dude everyone I know loves that album and has been bumping it since it first leaked back in '99, a good 5 years before it eventually got released. Read the title of the thread.

Slightly off topic considering it's well known in some circles but I'm currently pushing:

Enta Da Stage - Blackmoon

First copped back in 93'. A much slept on album chocked full with vivid hood imagery and lyrical savy. Anyone who thinks the dexterity associated with the street narratives displayed in Illmatic were unique should hear this joint in it's entirety and prepare to have they're opinion altered. Also features some of DJ Evil Dee's most highly regarded work.

^the fuck? everyone's heard that album. in fact there was a thread a few days ago on that album with about 10 other people co-signing it's greatness.

same with enta da stage...

read the thread title again!

CRU - The Dirty 30 ('96 Def Jam)

Their song with Slick Rick was the shit.. and that other track with the Lox "Live At The Tunnel" was good too...

Some of you guys need to learn how to read.

For me it'd probably be 'Misdirected Hostility presents...The Soundtrack'

Stars some guys called Skyline Decap Autamatic J Essential Ghost and Mantis.

Quite a few of the rhymes are corny, but there are three or four highly bumpable cuts on this album. And I was thoroughly impressed with Decaps production, anyone here know if he's done anything else?

roaches

The Geto Boys album went gold, the Face album went platinum, lol.

Foesum did some shit with Snoop back in the day, right?

I want to add Black Indian's Get 'Em Psyched but I only heard it once, and my memories of that are probably inflated by the handicap I automatically give any hip-hop coming from D.C. (Whither art thou, Questionmark Asylum?)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.