Get Rich or Die Tryin' vs. Cheers

Which is better?

• Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ARon

Truthfully, I cant believe someone would consider GRODT a top 50 rap album. I aint even the groupie dick ride and hate on 50 type but that's a fallacy. I forget who said it but it was something along the lines of, "anyone could of blown with the In Da Club beat," and aint that the truth. I think that statement is true to the whole album, or most of it at least. And of course there is more to an album than just production, and it aint quite always there in this case.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
i have a feeling it was either J Hood or jadakiss that said about the in da club beat, not sure tho. i cant believe how close this poll is, i thought GRODT would be way ahead.

Eric

Truthfully, I cant believe someone would consider GRODT a top 50 rap album. I aint even the groupie dick ride and hate on 50 type but that's a fallacy. I forget who said it but it was something along the lines of, "anyone could of blown with the In Da Club beat," and aint that the truth. I think that statement is true to the whole album, or most of it at least. And of course there is more to an album than just production, and it aint quite always there in this case.
Lol, well the beat was originally for D12 and I don't think that would have had the same impact.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Anyone could blow off the In Da Club beat, if 50 Cent wrote their hooks, verses, and coached them how to flow it.

Yep that is true. :rolleyes:

Ask the average club goer to rap In Da Club and you'll get "go shorty, its your birthday," that line itself became an insane trend, and it has nothing to do with the beat.

50 was a fantastic song writer back then, he still follows his formula now, but I just think he has said all he has to say and is getting boring.

Eric

50 was a fantastic song writer back then, he still follows his formula now, but I just think he has said all he has to say and is getting boring.
No. The problem now is that he gets more say in what beats go on official albums. The beats he has for the most part are so bland. GRODT was perfect production-wise. The Massacre...yeah, it was clever to think outside the box and get unheard producers, but do that on a fucking mixtape! You have Dr. Dre as your in house producer that is a master himself at creating beats that don't even sound like their a Dre beat, and you just look over him? Fuck that!

I vote Cheers, probably bacause i never did think 50 was all that great. Obie ain't that great either, but i think he's a better rapper. beat wise, GRODT was tight and so was Cheers, but i give the nod to Obie.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.