Game sells more 1st day than Banks' 1st week..

_carmi

me, myself & us
Ras Masta said:
The beats are the only thing that carries this album.

50's hooks and the beats carried the last album. The Game is a generic rapper who has good beats.
The Massacre doesn't even compare to The Doctor's Advocate. DA > M. there's on questions about this. The Massacre was a total disaster. no matter what the sells are, 50 Cent proved he was nothing without Dre while The Game showed he could make it without Dre.

you can have good beats and still make it a disaster.

_carmi said:
:thumb:

and to the person that said snoop's album is better than the game's, of course it is. but snoop has released some crappy albums too during his career. not like if every of his albums were classics. for a second album, and without dre, it is a success. now if every rapper could put as much effort in their albums, that'd be nice.
no kidding rappers get really lazy.

Carmi is right bro. the Massacre was a disaster. Doctors Advocate seems to have more balance than the Massacre, even without dre. And Game has more emotion and depth in his cd.

Are you joking?

The Massacre is a much better album than The Doctor's Advocate. It's all about opinions though.

Least 50 kept his own style. The Game imitates Dre the entire album.

Ras Masta said:
Are you joking?

The Massacre is a much better album than The Doctor's Advocate. It's all about opinions though.

yeah he does sound like dre on this a lot but game's album has some really hot shit on it. i like 50s cd too but it didnt mesh as well together as game's did. both are good cd's though. 50s coulda been better IMO. he needs to get that hunger back and forget about fat ass joe and everyone else. i mean GRODT had it's ja disses and stuff but it was more raw and hard and was better. i think this game cd is = if not better than the first where as 50s was not as good the 2nd cd. just my thoughts

Ras Masta said:
Are you joking?

Are you JOKING man the massacre is the biggest pile of shit I have ever heard. It was the biggest dissapointment I have ever had with a rap album I was expecting it to be even better than grodt but I was wrong

The Massacre came out as an album filled with club singles, hence its greater sales (it will not get surpassed by Doctor's Advocate) and decent rotation (specifically for Candy Shop and the other songs like that), even today.
Doctor's Advocate came out as an album filled with street singles, hence its rawer feel and higher overall quality due to the lack of corny-ass songs.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Ras Masta said:
Are you joking?

this is the biggest pile of shit i have read here. but then again it's your opinion, and if you define club bangers as good rap, then so be it for you. the massacre is pure garbage and everyone who likes good rap have to agree with this.

ARon

Not tryin to be mean or anything but it makes me laugh seein Carmi like this, all opinionated and shit, haha. I agree though. I will also say Doctor's Advocate has way way more replay value than The Massacre, even though The Massacre shouldn't even be talked about still, it was really that bad.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Aristotle said:
Not tryin to be mean or anything but it makes me laugh seein Carmi like this, all opinionated and shit, haha. I agree though. I will also say Doctor's Advocate has way way more replay value than The Massacre, even though The Massacre shouldn't even be talked about still, it was really that bad.
i guess this makes a change from my usual freeposting. but there's nothing to freepost nowadays anyways since the board has been very calm. and since i do have some opinions about rap related stuff, cause i'm a rap fan after all, i might as well come here and post some opinions which i believe is more valuable than freeposts.

it's a shame though, i was listening to DA a lot till Snoop's TBCT leaked and now i'm only playing that. TBCT has much more replay value than DA, but still DA is a great album. the west is coming back. hell yeahhh

Whoever said The Massacre was better needs to open up their goddam CD player, give it a spin, and re-evaluate what tha fuck they just said. That album was geared DIRECTLY towards the "TRL Nation" with the exception of only a few tracks. 50 was just cashing in because he new he grew so much buzz with Get Rich. Doctor's Advocate would have been a truly fantastic album if it weren't for all the mixed messages, and especially because of the fact that yes, he imitates Dre so fucking much on so many of the tracks. It's almost like you can tell when a lot of these tracks were recorded; pre and post Aftermath Era. Game is seriously confused right now....still managed to put together a tight album though.

Bigg Limn said:
only heard a few tracks off Games album an he sounds exactly like fuckin Dre now
believe me too, when i listened for the first time i though it was Dre rapping!!!

not just name dropping, now he wans to sound like Dre, no wonder he said on one song that

"you would think i was Dre if u didn´t know Dre" - it is something like that!

check...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.