Game Hit With Assault Charges, $280 Million Dollar Lawsuit

Game Hit With Assault Charges, $280 Million Dollar Lawsuit

Multi-platinum rapper Game has been hit with assault charges as well as a $280 million dollar civil lawsuit, stemming from an incident at a Maryland radio station in January.

Prosecutors in Prince Georges County, Maryland have formally filed assault and battery charges against Game, born, Jaceyon Taylor, after the rapper allegedly assaulted radio host Kwasi “DJ Zxulu" Jones formerly of 93.9 WKYS-FM in Washington, D.C. on January 21st, 2005.

“The story that’s leaking out there is pretty much true,” Jones told AllHipHop.com in March of 2005. “I was hospitalized with multiple injuries.”

According to reports, Jones apparently made a joke about Game’s manager Jimmy “Henchmen” Rosemond’s earpiece attachment he was wearing for his cell phone.

Jones’ lawsuit alleges a group of 20 men accosted him and assaulted him in the radio station.

G-Unit, Shady Records and Aftermath Entertainment are named in the lawsuit as well, since Game is an artist on 50 Cent’s label, which is distributed by companies owned by Eminem and Dr. Dre.

Jones claims the record labels were negligent for issuing a remix to "Hate It or Leave It," which originally appeared on The Game's album The Documentary.

On the remix to “Hate It or Leave It” featuring 50 Cent Game rapped: “I’m rap’s MVP/Don’t make me remind y’all what happened in D.C.”

"This is my public apology,” Game told BET when the video premiered on BET. “To all the people at Radio 1, I'm being sincere; we're sorry about what happened in D.C. It'll never happen again."

In response to the assault, Jones confirmed reports that a ban on Game’s Records was issued by WKYS’ owner Radio 1, but was later lifted.

Jones alleges assault and battery, emotional distress and negligence.

Representatives for Game had no comment.

Source: AHH

sniper said:
why not no ? dre did a similar thing with truth hurts........do u remember her ? i wouldnt blame u if u couldnt. :thumb:
Of course I do but the Game is hardly another Hurts now is he. His whole image lives off run-in's with the law in one form or another. Why would Dre go and drop one of his most profitable artists, next time think before you type.

Zero Cool said:
Of course I do but the Game is hardly another Hurts now is he. His whole image lives off run-in's with the law in one form or another. Why would Dre go and drop one of his most profitable artists, next time think before you type.
No...Sniper could be right but so could you..no 1 knows what Dre...will do...It all depends on if he loses the case or not..if he loses it WHO WILL PAY OUT THOSE DOLLARS?????........

Look if Dre is responsible for his artist actions he will have to pay a part....Im sure it somewhere in Game's contract...Maybe his contract says he himself is responsible...If he is not fully responsible and Aftermath is part responsible..Dre might drop him off his label or put out a new album to pay it off.....So it really can go into 2 directions... :rolleyes:

one mc on dj said:
No...Sniper could be right but so could you..no 1 knows what Dre...will do...It all depends on if he loses the case or not..if he loses it WHO WILL PAY OUT THOSE DOLLARS?????........

Look if Dre is responsible for his artist actions he will have to pay a part....Im sure it somewhere in Game's contract...Maybe his contract says he himself is responsible...If he is not fully responsible and Aftermath is part responsible..Dre might drop him off his label or put out a new album to pay it off.....So it really can go into 2 directions... :rolleyes:
The Game nor any of his associates will have to pay anything like $280 million. As usual it will be settled out of court for a minimal sum and this will be forgotten about as soon as it was raised.

Zero Cool said:
The Game nor any of his associates will have to pay anything like $280 million. As usual it will be settled out of court for a minimal sum and this will be forgotten about as soon as it was raised.

Probably but for the discussion it's maybe a good thing to think of that 280....

You don't think if he causes that much trouble to a label as aftermath/interscope they won't drop him? And make sure he never gets a job again....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.