Freddie to diss Rakim?

AmerikazMost

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
Pac dissed Rakim in an interview. I don't have it in from of me, but it went something like this:

"I was a fan of KRS-One... LL... all them niggas... Rakim... that's why I can destroy them. I've mastered their styles. They could keep writing new shit, but I've mastered their styles."
That's not a diss. That's just rapper ego.

Few people have ever dissed Rakim. It's hard to go at the best. It's like talking shit to Michael Jordan. Big Daddy Kane through some subliminal shots at him ("The Rap Soloist, you don't want none of this"), but after he heard Rakim's reply, he called him and squashed it. Most people praise him. Freddie Foxxx is just hating because he feels like Ra took an opportunity that was his.

AmerikazMost said:
That's not a diss. That's just rapper ego.
If you consider Freddie Foxxx's words to Rakim as a diss, then you should consider the excerpt from Pac's interview as a diss. Yes, it is a rapper's ego coming out, but it's still a diss... it doesn't have to rhyme or be over a beat to be one.

7 Syns

Sarr said:
atlast...cant wait to hear this

i think rakim is one of the most arrogant, and overrated rappers in hiphop

no way near the top 5 if you ask me

has anybody else ever dissed rakim before?
Well good thing nobody asked you about your top 5 then. Because is there a rapper in the top 20 list which Rakim hasn't had some sort of impact on? Be it flow, delivery, lyrics, rhyme schemes, internals, meta's?

How is Rakim arrogant? For a dude who loves Prodigy to dare call Ra arrogant, well it takes away from your opinion dude. I never heard Ra heated before until the interview where he went at Foxxx. That was the first time in 15 years.

Im a massive Ra-head, I have all his shit. Released, unreleased, collabo's, freestyles etc.. He is the type of cat that if he were to diss someone back, he'd take a month just to write/re-write the diss to make sure it's potent. Ill be patiently waiting.

By the way based on skills, impact, respect. Ra > your entire top 10.

Im not looking foward to this.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.