Fav Hiphop Movie

Casey

Staff member
PuffnScruff said:
i think i am either the only person on the board who has seen krush groove or the only person who liked it
Krush Groove is a classic....mmmmm Sheila E *drools*

When it comes to hiphop movies, don't be sleepin on CB4!!!! Straight outta Locash!!!

Dont be a Menace, Juice, Above the Rim, Boyz 'n the hood

Edit - i never thought of independence day, good thinkin AM

so i must also include, Independance Day, I-Robot, and Hitch (yes i liked hitch, chick flick or not, it was funny)

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Saint33 said:
Dont be a Menace, Juice, Above the Rim, Boyz 'n the hood

Edit - i never thought of independence day, good thinkin AM

so i must also include, Independance Day, I-Robot, and Hitch (yes i liked hitch, chick flick or not, it was funny)
Hitch is wack, even asa chick flick its wack, it has like one funny moment the rest is trash.

ThUg $TyLe said:
Hitch is wack, even asa chick flick its wack, it has like one funny moment the rest is trash.
in your opinion. I thought Hitch was hilarious, Will Smith is one of my favorite actors, and that girl (don no her name) is absolutely fuckin amazingly hot.

but i hav a wierd taste in movies, i actually like sum chick flicks unlike most guys. Like Rumour Has It, with Jennifer Aniston. That was rilly funny. I don like the sappy ones, but the ones that r funny

THEV1LL4N

Saint33 said:
in your opinion. I thought Hitch was hilarious, Will Smith is one of my favorite actors, and that girl (don no her name) is absolutely fuckin amazingly hot.

but i hav a wierd taste in movies, i actually like sum chick flicks unlike most guys. Like Rumour Has It, with Jennifer Aniston. That was rilly funny. I don like the sappy ones, but the ones that r funny
i havent seen hitch, ive seen the advert on tv, but that amazingly hot girl, i think... i is EVA MENDES, shes also in 2 fast 2 furious! (u must have seen that)

S. Fourteen

jbrolax said:
fast and the furious, ja rule really takes the cake for best rapper/actor
not so fast jbrolax.

"It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car."

I thought his line there was done horribly.

"Monicaaaaaaaaaa"

The last goood movie with a rapper I saw was The Woodsman (w/ Mos Def). Hard to pick a favorite but the movie I would pick is Belly. The mood from the dark photography, acting, great narrative, pretty good story and the score is fine. Overall pretty good.

Side note: I saw Above the Rim last week and realized that Tupac's acting wasn't that good, especially some of the anger acts... it really felt like I was watching somebody act angry.

stefanwzyga

My favourite hip hop movie is "Beatstreet" When it was released in 1984 is when breakdancing was at it's peak. The movie "Breakdance" was at the time really hot aswell(Ice t on the wheels of steel):laugh: There was actually a Breakdance magazine which was all about the movie. Break dance 2 was wack.

saltynuts said:
Side note: I saw Above the Rim last week and realized that Tupac's acting wasn't that good, especially some of the anger acts... it really felt like I was watching somebody act angry.
um, what? :confused:

PuffnScruff

saltynuts said:
not so fast jbrolax.

"It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car."

I thought his line there was done horribly.

"Monicaaaaaaaaaa"

The last goood movie with a rapper I saw was The Woodsman (w/ Mos Def). Hard to pick a favorite but the movie I would pick is Belly. The mood from the dark photography, acting, great narrative, pretty good story and the score is fine. Overall pretty good.

please dont tell me you thought the acting by nas in belly was good:laugh:

i'm going to add Paid in Full. great movie

S. Fourteen

PuffnScruff said:
please dont tell me you thought the acting by nas in belly was good:laugh:

i'm going to add Paid in Full. great movie
Any good acting, in my opinion, is using your real life emotions as a reference and incorporating into your act. now, I don't know too much about the real lives of Nas and Tupac but as far as Nas goes, it wasn't great acting by any means but he came across the screen in a right way. I could feel a bit of him. With Tupac, I felt like he was simpily acting. It felt like he knew how to channel his anger but there wasn't much of anything behind that anger. It could easily make sense, when he's displaying anger or any emotion in a song, he is spittin' the words from his heart. Not from some script that a Hollywood writer wrote. Not only anger though, a lot of the scene done by Pac wasn't all that. I'm willing to take the Tom Cruise argument in this, lets say Tupac and Tom are both good actors, but the characters become them, not them becoming the character. It could be my fault or maybe it's just the way they performed. Either way, what I see and feel on the big screen does not change.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.