Enthusiasm / New Outkast ft. Lil' Wayne, Snoop Dogg

aloivas said:
just interested... why would you think that?

nah man, i've always loved atliens the best, probably their debut second, though.

it took me a while to fully appreciate it though, i think. i'm pretty sure i was listening to it with headphones on my way to work or something, and "jazzy belle" came on and i listened to every word, the scratches for the chorus mixed in with the harmonious singing, and that sample from "soul food" at the end, and i was just like :eek:. and, listening to the whole album, i realized andre's performance throughout was probably the best single performance of an MC throughout the course of an album i'd ever heard. (obviously in my opinion)
I know you love Soul Food, and, maybe it's just in my mind but I see that and Southernplayalistic... as kind of twin albums, whereas ATLiens is the next step above that, a different style.

I know you love Soul Food, and, maybe it's just in my mind but I see that and Southernplayalistic... as kind of twin albums, whereas ATLiens is the next step above that, a different style.
alright. i see where you're coming from..

i kinda see it a different way, though. i see "southern.." as the more "immature", playful album, whereas "soul food" is more mature and personal, and "atliens" was outkast's answer to that.

atliens had one of the greatest turntables solos in history
word to that. that's thanks to mr. dj, a highly underrated dj/producer. "wheelz of steel" and "jazzy belle" are the two obvious ones, but mr. dj's influence is seen throughout the album, among plenty of other dungeon fam stuff. dude also produced the two "art of storytelling"'s, which, shit, speak for themselves, don't they?

aloivas said:
atliens is possibly the best album ever.

re-listen to that shit 3 times thoroughly, listening to every word and you'll see what i mean.
yes sir :thumb:

This song though, its alrite. I like the vibe and dre singing is cool with me. Dre rhyming gave me goose bumps though. I dont know, maybe cause its been such a long time since i heard him rapping. Big Boi's verse is on point as well. The snoop verse is corny, simple as that.

This song is perfect for night time blunt cruises.

How i think we all need to understand these tracks were made movie. The beat is cinematic and i think that it is what dre is trying to accomplish with the hook.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
Aristotle said:
I like this track and I also like The Train. Just good sounding music. Wayne comes nice, Andre fits in good, Big Boi just seems hesitant but that is all really. I've been hatin Snoop lately but he was cool on this track, he actually rapped, at sometimes, if you know what I mean.

What I like about these songs is they have themes. Something some music has been missing lately and I enjoy that type of shit. Mellow tracks that sound good, I cant complain about these at all.
i totaly agree:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.