Enthusiasm / New Outkast ft. Lil' Wayne, Snoop Dogg

roaches

http://www.cadenceweaponmusic.com/music/Outkast_-_Hollywood_Divorce.mp3

This is a new Outkast song.

Lil' Wayne is known for rapping because he really likes rapping.

Andre 3000 is on the record as being bored with rapping.

Big Boi likes rapping, but he's obviously going in a direction he's unsure about.

Snoop Dogg... is more known for being Snoop Dogg than he is for his rapping.

Keeping the above in mind, post your opinion of each verse of this song.

this sucks. the hook doesnt even sound onbar, and andre comes off as offbeat. BIG BOI is the only remaining artist on Outkast, Andre distroyed himself with his curiousity.

i dont buy this whole Idlewild 1930's concept. its dumb and it sounds like crap. Stankonia was the bomb. SpeakerBoxx roc'd my soxx. This (and The Love Below) is amateur.

PuffnScruff

say what you want for hey ya, overall did something that most other pop songs dont do as far as chord progression and rhythm timing goes

the whole idlewild 1930s thing, well watch the trailer for the movie it fits with the theme

i dont think the song is that bad, i'm not a fan of lil wayne, but he does have a nice verse on there, big bois verse was good had some catchy rhymes, i liked andres verse, its just good to hear him rap again.
snoop....well, it's not what you would normally hear from him, at least not what i hear and i dont listen to much snoop

i like this song hollywood divorce, interesting theme and its a nice laid back song

PELLA

southernplayalisticmusik is the only outkast album worth buying, lil' Wayne surprisingly did good on this track, and snoop? snoops being snoop :rolleyes:

PuffnScruff

PELLA said:
southernplayalisticmusik is the only outkast album worth buying, lil' Wayne surprisingly did good on this track, and snoop? snoops being snoop :rolleyes:
whhuuuuat?!?!?! atliens isnt worth buying?

PuffnScruff said:

Haha I know, I was going to say that. And how can you not like Speakerboxxx? Aquemini? If people start talking about how much they hate 'Kast all of a sudden then they're jumping on the bandwagon because I've never heard complaints about them until The Love Below. But even then, everybody who gave Dre shit still thinks he's one of the G.O.A.T.s anyway.

Only one purchaseable OutKast album? Pleeeease.

PuffnScruff said:

i'll be honest with u, i havent listened to ATLiens thoroughly...just skimmed through it, and i dunno...didnt feel it to the extent of what i heard.

ARon

I like this track and I also like The Train. Just good sounding music. Wayne comes nice, Andre fits in good, Big Boi just seems hesitant but that is all really. I've been hatin Snoop lately but he was cool on this track, he actually rapped, at sometimes, if you know what I mean.

What I like about these songs is they have themes. Something some music has been missing lately and I enjoy that type of shit. Mellow tracks that sound good, I cant complain about these at all.

aloivas said:
atliens is possibly the best album ever.

re-listen to that shit 3 times thoroughly, listening to every word and you'll see what i mean.
I would think you would have liked their debut more. I can only take ATLiens in infrequent, moderate doses. Not bad or anything, just lacking in replayability to me.

HitEmUp21 said:
I would think you would have liked their debut more. I can only take ATLiens in infrequent, moderate doses. Not bad or anything, just lacking in replayability to me.
just interested... why would you think that?

nah man, i've always loved atliens the best, probably their debut second, though.

it took me a while to fully appreciate it though, i think. i'm pretty sure i was listening to it with headphones on my way to work or something, and "jazzy belle" came on and i listened to every word, the scratches for the chorus mixed in with the harmonious singing, and that sample from "soul food" at the end, and i was just like :eek:. and, listening to the whole album, i realized andre's performance throughout was probably the best single performance of an MC throughout the course of an album i'd ever heard. (obviously in my opinion)

7 Syns

Sounds decent, Wayne definately sounded good. Ive been critical of him over the last 2 years, but he did his thing. Dre sounded fresh. Loved his verse.

Boi & Snoop came correct.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.