English Hip-Hop: An Opinion

Shot 21

Zero Cool said:
**Before I start I want to make perfectly clear that I realize Ireland has no credible Hip-Hop acts and I don't pretend to claim as such. So please, don't use such an argument**

For the last two days I've decided to do something I never thought possible. Give English rap music a chance. I've always thought it was bad, mostly due to the horrible beats and poorly put together acts but I decided to put that to the back of my mind and give Channel U (the premier channel dedicated to English Hip-Hop for those that don't know) a chance.

What I heard was worst than even I thought possible. I can now confidently say that after much deliberation, English Hip-Hop is possibly the worst music genre I have ever come across. After having to put up with the likes of Coldcut and Skinnyman I can say with certainty I'd prefer to listen to somebody being sawed up. It's that bad.

Everything from the sub par videos to the horrible accents to the (almost) hilariously bad rhymes makes me think, what has England done to be disgraced with such an atrocious Hip-Hop scene?

Is it just me? Is England actually blessed with top class acts that I just don't know about? Where is it all going wrong? Share your thoughts.
I totally respect your opinion. And I agree most of the songs on Channel U are shit. But there are a few good songs:

Sincere - Thats Not Gangsta
Cream Cartel - Bang Bang
Bigz - Cor Blimey
Akala - Bullshit

Most UK hip hop is all BRAP! BRAP! up in your face garbage with weak as fuck lyrics. I know this is going to sound like Im promotin myself but my crew is hittin the mixtape scene with plans of going further than Channel U (maybe even breaking America; remember the name Shot 21!!!!!!! lol)

Were from Leicester so its not the carried away London accent that you associate ALL UK Hip Hop with and I will say that my lyrics are better than all Hip Hop that I have heard from the UK. Not being big-headed its just a true fact. We will be droppin a mixtape soon and I will post up a few tracks so you can rate em yourselfs.

TCD

Cream Cartel - Bang Bang
Bigz - Cor Blimey
Akala - Bullshit

If your songs are going to be like Bigz Cor Blimey, you should quit now. Terrible song, stupid lyrics with a stupid poiny.

Bang Bang is alright. As is That's Not Gangsta but it's hardly great either.

Akala has talent, a nice flow, solid lyrics, good delivery.

I'd recommend people to listen to

Nite Nite-Kano
Routine Check/Harvey Nicks- Mitchell Bros.
Sway- Flow Fashion
Bronze in Blak ft. Styles P-In the Hod

production is the main thing that lets uk hip hop down, then its the fact that most of the people out there that rap/mc havent really got a message to put out so they chat crap on their records and copy what they have heard from other rappers (mainly US as thats whats most common) this is just my opinion on uk hip hop

oh yeah BTW DIZZIE RASCAL SUCKS ASS!!!!! i just cant stand the guys voice and never mind the crap he chats on records

To ZeroCool and anyone else interested

Your looking in the wrong places

For some real UK Hip Hop check out

Klashnekoff
Rukus
Taskforce
Jehst
Kyza
Foreign Beggars
Wordsmith
Sway
Dizzee Rascal
Blade
Rodney P
and
Blak Twang to name a few

even Skinnymans aite

Fuck all Bigz and S.A.S and all that fake shit...download a few tunes from those artists I mentioned and then tell me your opinion on UK Hip Hop

Peace

Shot 21

TCD said:
Cream Cartel - Bang Bang
Bigz - Cor Blimey
Akala - Bullshit

If your songs are going to be like Bigz Cor Blimey, you should quit now. Terrible song, stupid lyrics with a stupid poiny.

Bang Bang is alright. As is That's Not Gangsta but it's hardly great either.

Akala has talent, a nice flow, solid lyrics, good delivery.

I'd recommend people to listen to

Nite Nite-Kano
Routine Check/Harvey Nicks- Mitchell Bros.
Sway- Flow Fashion
Bronze in Blak ft. Styles P-In the Hod
Oh no my lyrics are much better than Bigz. They kill The Mitchell Bros as well.

Shot 21

makavelifans_tk said:
production is the main thing that lets uk hip hop down, then its the fact that most of the people out there that rap/mc havent really got a message to put out so they chat crap on their records and copy what they have heard from other rappers (mainly US as thats whats most common) this is just my opinion on uk hip hop

oh yeah BTW DIZZIE RASCAL SUCKS ASS!!!!! i just cant stand the guys voice and never mind the crap he chats on records
Totally agree with you there. There are a few deep songs like Mike GLC - Letter 2 My Girlfriend and whoever did the song Jasons Lyric, but its mostly people with stupid accents braggin bout themselves and acting like gangstas. Lyrics usually weak. The worst is that new UK reggae crew who have bought a song out rippin Crazy Frog off. That shits embarassin!

Ant

By looking at channel U, you've picked the wrong place to form your opinion on UK Hip-Hop. Get involved abit, are none of your friends into the scene?

Braintax
Lewis Parker
Jehst
Taskforce
Klashnekoff
etc etc..

Check some real acts before. ;)

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
That Rukas dudes alright
Kano is good
Dizze is good
Akala is good, and could become a huge talent
Klashnekoff is another good UK rapper

kano
dizzee
bigz is OK
sway
mitchell bros
usmaan
crazy titch
roll deep are ok
demon.
SHYSTIE check out i love u raw mix over dizzees beat.

by the way u need to differentiate between grime or uk hip hop cos they aint the
same.

and u also need to judge them wit an open mind instead of comparing them to usa acts.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.