English Hip-Hop: An Opinion

**Before I start I want to make perfectly clear that I realize Ireland has no credible Hip-Hop acts and I don't pretend to claim as such. So please, don't use such an argument**

For the last two days I've decided to do something I never thought possible. Give English rap music a chance. I've always thought it was bad, mostly due to the horrible beats and poorly put together acts but I decided to put that to the back of my mind and give Channel U (the premier channel dedicated to English Hip-Hop for those that don't know) a chance.

What I heard was worst than even I thought possible. I can now confidently say that after much deliberation, English Hip-Hop is possibly the worst music genre I have ever come across. After having to put up with the likes of Coldcut and Skinnyman I can say with certainty I'd prefer to listen to somebody being sawed up. It's that bad.

Everything from the sub par videos to the horrible accents to the (almost) hilariously bad rhymes makes me think, what has England done to be disgraced with such an atrocious Hip-Hop scene?

Is it just me? Is England actually blessed with top class acts that I just don't know about? Where is it all going wrong? Share your thoughts.

Cheesyphily16 said:
Listen up chap,
Let me show you something about the game of rap.
I'll steal your trousers right off your legs
And feed you crumpets until your dead.
Great response. Well thought out and presented with clarity :rolleyes:

TCD

Kano has talent.
Sway is a very funny MC.
The Mithell Bros. are a very good act
I believe Dizzee is fairly popular in the U.S
There are lots but the ones you see on Channel U are mostly garbage.

TCD said:
I agree. However the others I've heard outside of Channel U have done little or nothing to change my views. The majority sound so bad it's not even funny.

DPG iz all I C

TCD said:
Kano has talent.
Sway is a very funny MC.
The Mithell Bros. are a very good act
I believe Dizzee is fairly popular in the U.S
Yeah i like the Mitchell Bros :)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Zero Cool said:
**Before I start I want to make perfectly clear that I realize Ireland has no credible Hip-Hop acts and I don't pretend to claim as such. So please, don't use such an argument**

Rob Kelly.

u want to download some klashnekoff and give him a a listen, songs like "murda" and "parrowdice" hes probably the best rapper to come out of england, murda is probably his best song give it a listen i was immediately impressed by him.

Bear in mind, I don't hate all English rap just that I've heard so far. If there's anyone out there who is talented (and raps without a cliche English accent) I'll give him a try.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.