Eminem's new album..

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^I think "We Made You" and "3am" are prime examples of how you can showcase talent in a song without making a good song. The songs don't show a lack of talent; on the contrary, they showcase superb flow and multi-rhyme lyricism. The problem is, it doesn't translate to quality music in this particular case. That is why so many fans are disappointed.

Stred

Stank ass bitch
Staff member
I like the Crack A Bottle remix with Cashis & Bobby Creekwater and the more I listen to We Made You the more i like it, but 3am is just poo.

I'm still gonna buy the album though.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
^^^ I've been wondering that also. What if they're just like 'promotional' singles, not something that would be on the album. Then again, I dunno if that's ever been done before in general...

crack a bottle was good.
we made you was terrible the first time i heard it, but all the first singles grow on me.
3 am is GOOD. the only shitty thing is his voice, which isn't even THAT bad.

THEV1LL4N

all im saying is may 19th. then judge the album.

^^ that date it actually closer than it seems. i think it was on eminem.com where they had a countdown of the release date.

Da_Funk

He took off, what like--5 years since his last album? A WHOLE SHIT load of things happened in his life during that time, he had some time to recover from Proofs death, he had some time off from the lime-light world and he had a lot of time to himself. I'm pretty sure he didn't decide to jump in the studio 3 days before each of the songs leaked and record them. He even called up Hot97 in NY a while before any of this and said that he was working on his album that it's gonna be ready to drop sometime in the future----future being less than a month from today.

So with all this time to come up with concepts for songs, not to mention with heavy weights working with him, this is the utter complete bullshit he puts out?

And we weren't supposed to expect dope songs from him cuz he had like half a decade to put out something good? GTFO here.
Exactly. He took five years off, five years. Everyone is expecting him to come back with that gritty grimey hardcore shit he was making back in SSLP and MMLP days and for people to expect that is total bullshit imo. The dude has been living the lifestyle of a multi-millionaire for probably close to ten years now. There's no way, i repeat, no way he's going to come back on the same shit he was onto during his early career. Don't think so? Look at yourself, how different are you from ten years ago? Someone asking you to go back to the you, you were ten years ago is just.. stupid.

You bring up a good point about Proof, but Proof died 2 or 3 years ago? Now i'm just talking outta my ass here, but I'm assuming Em dealt with that some other way than through his music otherwise we'd be listening to a song on the same caliber as Letter to Pun.

Now again I'm talking outta my ass here.. but I think Em is probably still pretty lost musically. Rap is all about coming up and the ghetto. You take someone out of that environment for long enough and they're going to lose the ability to make that kinda music. Its why people like Nas, Jay-z, 50, etc. all fall off eventually. See rap isn't like rock where you can diversify into all other kinds of insturments and music making. The majority of rap fans like a specific formula (if you can call it that) for a rap song and anything that differs from that formula is usually deemed "wack"

Now that being said, We Made you, do I like it? No, I can't stand it. But its typical Eminem. Then again I never liked The Real Slim Shady or My Name Is either. That doesn't make it bad either. You gotta remember, most of us were probably between the ages of 9-16 when Em was first blowing up which is probably why those songs appealed to us at the time. Now that were all grown up those songs sound stupid to us.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Btw I think Crack A Bottle won't be on the album but I can see We Made You and 3AM on the album and I don't mind it. We Made You grew on me and 3AM is a smart song, I got over the weird voice.

People complain too much. You want him to do MMLP and SSLP but as Da Funk said, he is not the guy he used to be back then. He changed, so did we. Maybe that is why some of you hate the new songs and think he fell off.

2Pax

^I think "We Made You" and "3am" are prime examples of how you can showcase talent in a song without making a good song. The songs don't show a lack of talent; on the contrary, they showcase superb flow and multi-rhyme lyricism. The problem is, it doesn't translate to quality music in this particular case. That is why so many fans are disappointed.
My views exactly.

I think Em is probably still pretty lost musically.
You made some good points in your post, but I don't think he's lost musically, I think it's more of a change of direction, well at least since MMLP.
There is no doubt he is still a highly gifted musician but he has lost that raw hungerness he use to have back when no one even knew who he was.

the voice is the only thing that ruins the songs for me..... just like lil waynes voice ruins his songs for me also...... surely he cant think that this new accent sounds better than his old style.....

we made you probably has to be on the album, because wouldnt the final version already been turned in at least a month or so ago.... if its coming out in may, id say its already been pressed and just locked down to minimize leaks and will be shipped out last minute possible....

so i wouldnt expect any last minute album saving songs or deletions

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
01 Dr. West (Skit) 01:29
02 3am 05:20
03 My Mom 05:20
04 Insane 03:01
05 Bagpipes From Baghdad 04:43
06 Hello 04:08
07 Tonya (Skit) 00:43
08 Same Song & Dance 04:08
09 We Made You 04:30
10 Medicine Ball 03:57
11 Paul (Skit) 00:19
12 Stay Wide Awake 05:20
13 Old Time’s Sake f. Dr. Dre 04:35
14 Must Be The Ganja 04:03
15 Mr. Mathers 00:42
16 Deja Vu 04:43
17 Beautiful 06:32
18 Crack A Bottle f. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent 04:58
19 Steve Berman (Skit) 01:29
20 Underground/Ken Kaniff 06:19

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
1. Dr. West - Skit
2. 3am
3. My Mom
4. Insane
5. Bagpipes From Baghdad
6. Hello
7. Tonya - Skit
8. Same Song & Dance
9. We Made You
10. Medicine Ball
11. Paul - Skit
12. Stay Wide Awake
13. Old Time's Sake - Eminem, Dr. Dre
14. Must Be The Ganja
15. Mr. Mathers
16. Deja Vu
17. Beautiful
18. Crack A Bottle - Eminem, Dr. Dre, 50 Cent
19. Steve Berman - Skit
20. Underground/ken Kaniff

THEV1LL4N

My views exactly.

You made some good points in your post, but I don't think he's lost musically, I think it's more of a change of direction, well at least since MMLP.
There is no doubt he is still a highly gifted musician but he has lost that raw hungerness he use to have back when no one even knew who he was.
difference is everyone knows who he is. he doesnt really need to prove anything now. he needs to go out with a bang if he's planning on retiring. then again, i suggest that was probably dre's mistake hence why he's taken so long to "perfect" detox, otherwise not being able to release an "imperfect" project.

i think em has made enough money for him not to care about putting whack beats out anymore, though i think that there are still hidden gems behind his music

kastro

damn it im so eager to hear this album, trying not to keep my hopes up that high just incase it doesnt live up to my expectation

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.