Eminem (What happened)

KO

I agree with the "he grew up" comments, very true...i just think he has a lack of ideas these days, hes destroyed anyone hes ever beefed with (lyrically i mean) rapped about every topic in his life over and over...i just think he has no creative ideas anymore, like i said though he is a hip hop LEGEND! and if something starts a fire under his ass again and gets him motivated he will drop another classic album, doubting his talent is ridicoulous

FreshToDeath said:
I was just about to write this exact statement. Damn this pisses me off. However, I keep forgetting that I am an old man and many youngsters only know the actor Ice Cube who makes family friendly films. They weren't bumping Kill At Will and Amerikkka's Most Wanted in 1990 when hardly anyone else was saying what Cube was saying on wax.

i am 32 and did listen to cube back then, what i was saying is that cube as he got older and had more money his albums have fallen off...yes he made solid albums longer than eminem did, but war & peace were not up to par compared to Amerikkka's most and death certificate...i was not comparing ice cube to eminem, just saying the circumstances behind there lack of fire on the mic are similar

dedbrd said:
i am 32 and did listen to cube back then, what i was saying is that cube as he got older and had more money his albums have fallen off...yes he made solid albums longer than eminem did, but war & peace were not up to par compared to Amerikkka's most and death certificate...i was not comparing ice cube to eminem, just saying the circumstances behind there lack of fire on the mic are similar
My mistake for misunderstanding your point. I agree with you about Cube. He got rich, lost his edge, and turned into a yuppie. Maybe he should take a listen to Death Certificate. He turned into what he was spitting about on True To The Game.

I don't blame cube for doing what he does. It's probably easier on him than going on tour and making rhymes and Im pretty sure he makes a lot more on those movies than if he were making records. I got no hard feelings, can't wait for Are We THere Yet 2: Revolutions.

MURDER MURDER MURDER KILL KILL KILL!!!

That track is diiiirty. I notice everything before the Marshal Mathers LP is much more meaningful and better than his shit nowadayz. After the MM LP, shit like Ass Like That getz released as his single, pretty gay shit IMO.

Shot 21

FreshToDeath said:
I was just about to write this exact statement. Damn this pisses me off. However, I keep forgetting that I am an old man and many youngsters only know the actor Ice Cube who makes family friendly films. They weren't bumping Kill At Will and Amerikkka's Most Wanted in 1990 when hardly anyone else was saying what Cube was saying on wax.
I got both of them and Im 17!

Sorry I just thought Id say that. Pointless really.

Shot 21

The Slim Shady LP - Brilliant
The Marshall Mathers LP - Fucking classic
The Eminem Show - Okay
Encore - The biggest load of shit I have heard. Hate Ass Like That!!!

IMO the reason Eminem fell off is because he got too famous or too big. With SS and MM he was just an artist on Aftermath with all his time to concentrate on his ablums. He was hungry. After that he got his own record label with other artists to worry about as well, plus the clothing line. He didnt have the time or passion for Eminem Show or Encore.

to me it seems like he's havin' trouble thinkin' of shit to write about.........he's got an image to maintain, and if he can't write as the character that made him famous than he's alienated some fans and maybe turned them off his music.....like Encore........yeah, it's different, but u gotta understand it's a different message and an older Eminem.........u can distinctly tell the marshall mathers tracks apart from the eminem/slim shady ones.......whereas in SSLP and MMLP they might be combined within' the same song.......IE "Brain Damage"......true marshall mathers story exaggerated by slim shady...........in the Eminem Show I saw an older growin, more commercial/laid back Eminem not so "I'll hit a pregnant bitch in the stomach with my fuckin' luggage".........there's only so many weird/fucked up songs u can write before u wanna try somethin' different........In Encore I think he's makin' fun of the character Slim Shady and his stereotype 'cuz his songs written as Slim are JUST CORNY (Just Lose It/Ass Like That/Rain Man) and the style of it he seems to play with a lot 'cuz the way he raps on a lot of the tracks is different (ass like that gets annoying)......and his earlier songs written as Slim are corny, yet still fuckin' funny (My Name Is/The Real Slim Shady/Drug Ballad/Brain Damage)......his newer shit seems to be focused more towards violence and gunz.....IE - feat. on Hip Hop/ Emulate / Welcome 2 Detroit City / Off to Tijuana / Drama Setter / Ricky Ticky Toc / We As Americans

What he should do is like a double disc........Disc one could be serious tracks by Marshall Mathers (like I am Whatever U say I am, Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, Cleanin' out my Closet, etc...) and disc two could be like the more Slim Shady tracks (like My Name Is/The Real Slim Shady, etc...)

Shot 21

pdxmuthaphucka said:
to me it seems like he's havin' trouble thinkin' of shit to write about.........he's got an image to maintain, and if he can't write as the character that made him famous than he's alienated some fans and maybe turned them off his music.....like Encore........yeah, it's different, but u gotta understand it's a different message and an older Eminem.........u can distinctly tell the marshall mathers tracks apart from the eminem/slim shady ones.......whereas in SSLP and MMLP they might be combined within' the same song.......IE "Brain Damage"......true marshall mathers story exaggerated by slim shady...........in the Eminem Show I saw an older growin, more commercial/laid back Eminem not so "I'll hit a pregnant bitch in the stomach with my fuckin' luggage".........there's only so many weird/fucked up songs u can write before u wanna try somethin' different........In Encore I think he's makin' fun of the character Slim Shady and his stereotype 'cuz his songs written as Slim are JUST CORNY (Just Lose It/Ass Like That/Rain Man) and the style of it he seems to play with a lot 'cuz the way he raps on a lot of the tracks is different (ass like that gets annoying)......and his earlier songs written as Slim are corny, yet still fuckin' funny (My Name Is/The Real Slim Shady/Drug Ballad/Brain Damage)......his newer shit seems to be focused more towards violence and gunz.....IE - feat. on Hip Hop/ Emulate / Welcome 2 Detroit City / Off to Tijuana / Drama Setter / Ricky Ticky Toc / We As Americans

What he should do is like a double disc........Disc one could be serious tracks by Marshall Mathers (like I am Whatever U say I am, Mockingbird, Like Toy Soldiers, Cleanin' out my Closet, etc...) and disc two could be like the more Slim Shady tracks (like My Name Is/The Real Slim Shady, etc...)
Id probably only listen to Disc 1. Thats the Eminem I like better.

TCD

Em imo has ran out of things to say. Isn't "Mockingbird" more or less the same as "Hailie's song". He lacks the balls to show the world that he has grown up. Songs like "Just Lose It",puke and Ass Like That are just shit.

_carmi

me, myself & us
he grew up, he tried to change is style in encore to get humurous again but his humour just didnt work. i dont know if its lack of inspiration/motivation or just that he wanted to rush the album to do something else, but encore is mediocre compared to his usual stuff. but if u compare encore to other albums released the same year, it aint that bad. its average.

now i do believe eminem could do at least one good album.. but will he do it? cuz we all know he hasnt totally fell off. his guest appearance are amazing still. he still has the lyrical skill. if he could come back to his old lyrical style with the new improved flow that he has now, it would sincerely be amazing. but unless someone motivates him, i doubt it will happen.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Yo.. Slim Shady!
Yo.. I'll f**kin.. I'll..
I'll puke, eat it, and freak you (eww)
Battle? I'm too weeded to speak to
The only key that I see to defeat you
would be for me to remove these two Adidas and beat you
and force feed you 'em both, and on each feet is a cleat shoe
I'll lift you off your feet so fast with a roundhouse
you'll think I pulled the f**kin ground out from underneath you

(Bitch!) I ain't no f**kin G, I'm a cannibal
I ain't tryin to shoot you,
I'm tryin to chop you into pieces and eat you
Wrap you in rope and plastic, stab you with broken glass
and have you with open gashes strapped to a soakin mattress
Coke and acid, black magic, cloaks and daggers (ahhh!)
F**k the planet, until it spins on a broken axis
I'm so bananas I'm showin up to your open casket
to fill it full of explosive gasses
and close it back with a lit match in it
while I sit back and just hope it catches
Blow you to fragments
Laugh, roll you and smoke the ashes.

----

He has to go back rapping with this intensity, he's just lazy now.

he just stopped talkin' bout stupid shit.

he's good, but back in the day he talked about nothin'... shit like fallin' in spiderwebs and shit. but he's just bored now in my opinion, he still got it but ain't got a reason to do shit. i bet on detox he rip a few shits.

hes still a dope MC....its just his commercial shit thats gay..

yellow brick road
we as americans
the sauce
nail in the coffin
mosh
love you more
got it twisted

^^all really good songs lyrically from the last year or so....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.